Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@itsfi  This one sounds delicious! Adding to my list to try! Sounds really helpful since my poor face has been so irritated lately. Maybe Iโ€™ll have to put an order in ๐Ÿ™ƒ

Oh no @ather!! Whatโ€™s causing your skin to be irritated? Weather? Mask wearing? Stress? Reaction to something? 

@itsfi  All of the above lol. It just warmed up here yesterday it was actually not in the negative!! I think it was actually 0  

I noticed it quick and Iโ€™ve been doing soothing masks and wearing sleeping masks every night. Itโ€™s much better now. I used the Sephora oat one and it actually helped a ton. Very soothing. I think by tomorrow I should be back to normal! Hopefully the weather doesnโ€™t get cold again. I get this weird โ€œwinter rashโ€ on my hands and it looks the same but on my face. My son has bad eczema and his whole face is broken out right now too. Poor guy. 

Itโ€™s good you caught it early on and acted on it quickly @ather! Oh no!! Iโ€™m so sorry; eczema is hard on the littles. My niece has it and we are constantly slathering her in Aquaphor. She has a love-hate relationship with Aquaphor. She doesnโ€™t like it on her face but it helps. I sometimes let her apply the Aquaphor on me while Iโ€™m putting it on her so she feels like sheโ€™s not the only person who has to wear it. ๐Ÿ˜† 

@itsfi  Aww thatโ€™s so sweet of you! We use a steroid cream on my little. I pretended to put it on his babyโ€™s. Lol. Heโ€™s pretty good. If I forget to put his cream on he reminds me. 

@itsfi  Oh yum!   Now I want dragonfruit!  I think I liked this one.  Iโ€™m. Kicking myself for not taking notes of all the masks Iโ€™ve tried but I swear this one was firming . 

@heartsmyface, I would be pretty bruised if I kicked myself every time I forgot (or lost) my notes on a really good mask. ๐Ÿ˜ There will be other masks. Papa Recipe really needs to make sampler sets of the masks in their two sheet mask lines (or in all their sheet mask lines if there are others I have not yet discovered...) 

@itsfi  Oooo I agree with your idea about papa recipe I enjoy the masks Iโ€™ve tried from that brand as well!

@ather, I feel like every brand should have a sampler set. Or better yet, a put together  your own sampler set where you can pick and choose from a select bunch of sheet masks. I feel like there would be a lot of interest in something like that. ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ 

@itsfi  I agree!! Iโ€™ve seen some sorta like that at winners and I almost always pick them up!!! More brands should do it tho!!!

Mmmmm dragonfruit reminds me of Oreo cookie ice cream, @itsfi ๐Ÿ˜‹ it is so pretty to look at. It would be fun to see a fruit and cream line!

@eshoe, fruit and cream line? Of Oreos? Or sheet masks? Or, both? โ˜บ๏ธ I think Peach Slices has a fruit and ice cream line and The Creme Shop has a couple in their fusion line, with the blueberry and raspberry one, but I think they might be discontinued, or on their way out. Iโ€™d be on board with a line of fruit and cream sheet masks with a milky serum.  

A fruit and cream mask line, @itsfi, but yes-I see Peach Slices already has a few! They look familiar, @Shosh85 I think may have reviewed one?

Not so sure about the Oreos, although they do have some interesting flavors! They seem to be the Kit Kat of the cookie world๐Ÿ˜‰

@eshoe @itsfi  Yup, I have reviewed the Peach Slices Popsicle masks and their Ice Cream masks. They all had nice results, just didn't have the scents I was hoping for. 

Good to know, @Shosh85 - I thought I remembered you saying that about their popsicle masks, too. The Aโ€™Pieu ones on the other hand ๐Ÿ˜‹

@eshoe, it's been many, many years since I've had an oreo; well, maybe maybe not. I'm pretty sure I had a cookies and cream milkshake a couple of years ago. Apparently, per Wikipedia, there have been over 200 different flavors of Kit Kats in Japan. Gonna tag @heartsmyface as she has tried many kit kat flavors. I've tried a few, but I think hearts has tried more. Also, Nestle will be introducing a vegan, dairy free kit kat later this year. 

@Shosh85 

A Dairy Queen Blizzard with Oreos was the first time I tried the mix, @itsfi. Itโ€™s a great combo but it is hard to finish because it gets so sweet towards the end! 200 different flavors?! I had to peek and yes, I see soy sauce listed ๐Ÿ˜ณ The Scotch whiskey sounds interesting, too. I think!

@itsfi  Mmm, delicious! Is it just me or does Dragon Fruit look like white kiwis?

Love this line of masks! There hasn't been one I haven't liked yet! Glad you enjoyed this one too! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

White kiwis is a good way to describe them @Shosh85 - supersized white kiwis. As far as I know, there are 3 different kinds of dragon fruit, though completely possible there are more - 2 white fleshed types - one with a pink skin, like this one and another with a yellow skin. My preference is for the yellow skin varietal but I didn't see that at the market the day I went. The third is a pink fleshed pink skin variety; I'm wondering if that's what's used for pitaya bowls or pitaya smoothies, to give it that bright, hot pink color. Hmmm... More research to do. 

Agree; this line of masks is really good. All the Papa Recipe sheet masks that I've used have been ones I'd happily use again and/or repurchase. I don't think I've tried all the ones from this particular fruitables line, but of the ones I've tried so far, I think the orange version has been my favorite - you gifted me that one! ๐Ÿค— Do you have a favorite from this line? (I mean, you know I had to ask, right? I've probably asked that one before; sorry if that's the case.)

@itsfi  I lost my notes on two of them, but I'm almost positive the orange version has been my favorite as well! The scent on that one reminds me of tang ๐Ÿ˜‹๐ŸŠ

Maybe that's what it was @Shosh85. Tang!!! I have that it's a familiar scent but that I can't pinpoint what it is exactly. Then I have notes to the side like "not Orange Julius, not an orange creamsicle, not an orange tic tac...." Hahaha! Tang could most definitely be the scent. I think I've tried all but the pineapple / yellow one.

3 Replies
testing