Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Thank you @itsfi! It definitely feels good to have power again!

I actually did an Americano vs. Latte duel and decided I liked the Latte one just a little more. They really are super similar though, and I'd happily use either, I just think the results from the Latte one was just a wee bit better. ๐Ÿ˜‰โ˜•๏ธ

@Shosh85 glad to hear you have power back!!!! and this mask looks really neat!!!

@Kim888  Thank you, it's definitely a relief to have the power back on! I heard a bunch of my neighbors shouting and celebrating when it kicked back on! ๐Ÿ˜‚

Love this mask! The Americano from this line is just as delicious and I will definitely continue to repurchase both! โ˜•๏ธ๐Ÿ˜‹

Oh @Shosh85, I am so sorry๐Ÿ˜ข I really cannot imagine even a day without electricity. What can you eat๐Ÿ˜ณ? I am so happy to hear it is back on, but wow...my heart goes out to you. 

Of course, the mask sounds ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ great!!!

@eshoe  It's definitely the longest blackout I've ever experienced! We have a camping stove to make some stuff, but really, we just didn't eat very much. We couldn't even call for take-out for the first 2-3 days days of the outage because there was too much snow/ice for anyone to drive through. As you know, my kids are autistic and because of their sensory issues, they don't eat very much to begin with, so at least that made it it a little easier. I think the hardest part about it was not being able to explain to the boys what was going on, since they are non-verbal. They just kept trying to switch on the lights over and over. ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜†

..... and yes, this mask is great! I'm definitely a sucker for a good coffee scent! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I was wondering about take-out, @Shosh85. Thank goodness they donโ€™t eat much, in this circumstance, at least. How confusing this must have been for them๐Ÿ˜” I hope you all get a little reprieve and some sense of normalcy again! 

I guess itโ€™s a really good reminder not to get too comfortable. Iโ€™ve been extra appreciative of warm blankets and a running refrigerator over the past week...so many things you donโ€™t think about just going about day-to-day!

@eshoe  Yeah, situations like this definitely make you realize how much stuff we take for granted!
We used coolers of ice for some of our food, but ended up having to throw a lot away. We got a hotel room one night, (it was a miracle we even found a vacancy) so we could all bathe/shower and charge up and we could've stayed longer, but the boys didn't do so well there. We would use our car to charge our phones - either we would drive around while they were charging or my husband and I would take turns sitting out in the car while it ran, waiting for things to charge. My husband laughed at me because the first thing I did when the power came back on was vacuum! ๐Ÿ˜† 

@Shosh85 I was reading how people were sleeping in their cars, with little ones... I donโ€™t even know how you could get any sleep like that๐Ÿ˜ณ Are you feeling sleep deprived?!? So much bouncing around, and bummer the hotel didnโ€™t work out better for everyone. I keep thinking to myself, things will get better.  

Yikes!!!!! @Shosh85 im so sorry you had no power!!!! Wow what a way into the new year right?? Love this mask d e licious!!

@lmaster  Right? Things have been so crazy!! First COVID, then the wildfires and now massive black outs! What's next?! ๐Ÿ˜ซ

This mask smells sooo good! I think I'd use this one just for the scent alone! ๐Ÿ˜‹โ˜•๏ธ

Hey all you masking gurus what would you recommend for my rather dry โ€œmatureโ€ ๐Ÿ™„ lackluster skin these days? Love any thoughts. Need some glow back!! Thanks in advance ๐Ÿ˜˜.

@Sunnysmom, it's not at all uncommon these days for skin to need a boost. My skin is dehydrated-combination (oily T-zone and dry to really dry elsewhere, depending on the weather). I'm a big fan of oils,  Vitamin C, and serums in my skincare routine to help retain moisture and for brightening skin that's gone dull with stress, weather, etc. For masks, here are some that come to mind that I've found to work well for giving the skin a little oomph:

Wash Off Masks:

Spoiler
Farmacy Honey Potion - plumps, hydrates and brightens skin. This one will have a warming effect that makes it a nice treat in the colder months and also lends itself for a bit of a spa-like feel. 

Sisley Black Rose Cream Mask - ahhh, this one's luxuriously moisturizing. The instructions call for wiping it off with a tissue but given how pretty the pennies are to purchase this, I use it as an overnight mask. 

Biossance Squalane + Vitamin C Rose Mask - this is a good one for  soft, bouncy, moisturized and brighter skin. Hmm... don't see this on the site; I wonder if it's been discontinued?

Sleeping / Overnight Masks:

Spoiler
Sulwhasoo Overnight Vitalizing Mask - plumps, moisturizes and brightens skin overnight. Has the traditional Korean hanbang scent that many Sulwhasoo products are known for.

Sisley Black Rose Cream Mask -  it's technically a wash off - or tissue off - mask, but for the price, I leave it on overnight.

Youth to the People Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Mask - this one has 4 hydrating agents to help plump and seal in moisture and vitamin C to brighten.

Fresh Black Tea Firming Overnight Mask - this is a thick overnight cream that I was surprised how much I liked. A good one if your skin is very dry. There's a mini size that's less spendy and a good way to try it out.

Sheet Masks:

Spoiler
Pixi Plump Collagen Boost Youth Infusion Sheet Mask - this contains glycolic acid so if your skincare routine includes regular use of AHAs/BHAs/PHAs or other acids, you'll probably want to adjust usage when you incorporate this into your routine, to avoid over-exfoliation.

Leaders Insolution Aquablend Oil Pocket Mask (Nourishing) - I love this one; it's one of the ones that got me into oils in sheet masks. I find it very nourishing. Includes Italian White Truffle Oil. 

Lancome Renergie Lift Lift Multi-Action Ultra Double-Wrapping Cream Face Mask - I really like the creamy serum in this one; it's rich and moisturizing without being unduly heavy. It can be a bit messy to apply though. Worth it and you'll have extra cream to apply to hands, neck, etc.

Sulwhasoo First Care Activating Mask - I find this one moisturizes and adds some brightness to my skin. It's Sulwhasoo so it'll have the hanbang (Korean traditional medicinal scent) to it, though it's more subtle compared to other Kbeauty sheet masks with a similar scent.

Dr. Jart V7 Toning Mask - another one with a creamy serum; good for brightening and nourishing skin in the winter months.

Farmacy Honey Potion Renewing Antioxidant Hydration Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 g 

Sulwhasoo Overnight Vitalizing Sleeping Mask 

Youth To The People Mini Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Night Cream + Mask with Vitamin C 0.5 oz/ 15 mL 

fresh Black Tea Firming Overnight Mask 

Lancรดme Rรจnergie Lift Multi-Action Ultra Double-Wrapping Cream Face Mask 1 Sheet Mask 

Sulwhasoo First Care Activating Mask 5 masks 

@itsfi a bit of serendipity yesterday! I got my Allure monthly beauty box which doesnโ€™t always hold stuff I like (yet I still canโ€™t give it up?!๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ Thereโ€™s a meme for that). And the Sisley mask was in it! Woohoo! That was one I really wanted to try and thought oh dear, itโ€™s so pricey. So I used it and left it on a long long time. Actually I forgot about it. Lol and so glad I did. My skin has felt so soft and moisturized all day just from one little application. So... baby steps! Now on to some other remedies from you girlies. ๐Ÿ™‚ Thank you again so much. ๐Ÿค—

( Oh and this monthโ€™s Allure box has UBeauty in it! What!! Maybe best box ever. )

@Sunnysmom, it can be hard to give up the sub boxes. Allure has put out some good ones so I can definitely see not wanting to unsubscribe now. Thatโ€™s awesome that yours included the Sisley mask and a UBeauty product. ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿ˜ Happy to hear the Sisley mask gave you good results too. It is a really nice mask. Costco used to carry it online, for a good price too. Or, I should say, for a good price compared to its retail price. Lol. Thereโ€™s a corresponding oil that Iโ€™ve heard good things about too. 

So true @itsfi ! I have been good about others but not this one. They keep pulling me back in with 1-2 great new things I just can not imagine my life without apparently . Lol Afraid to look their oil up. Yikes. I am on the hunt for one that wonโ€™t be too heavy and can handle all these silly issues I have going on right now, like my eye allergy stuff. Argh. And wonโ€™t be a fortune. Not too much to ask right. Thank you for all your help ! ๐Ÿค—

@itsfi THANK you so much! What an amazing list! Really good options for me to check out. I think one issue I have had is that I canโ€™t get any facials these days either so Iโ€™m suffering,  along with dry winter yukkiness! Will start to investigate these at once. MWAH. ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿฅฐ

Ohhhhh, facials ... 

I have vague memories of those ... 

@Sunnysmom, I hear ya on that. I wasn't always great with maintaining a schedule for facials but my skin has definitely missed them (and suffered without them). I've been *trying* to be good with doing at home facials once a month, including a good peel. This is a well timed reminder that I need to do one this month. Going to put my facial steamer on the counter as another reminder. ๐Ÿ˜‰

@itsfi @Sunnysmom  Facials how I miss them. I canโ€™t even remember how nice it feels after๐Ÿค”

๐Ÿ˜ซ me too @ather @itsfi! Man the things we took for granted right. ๐Ÿ˜ญ

That sounds heavenly @itsfi ! I could use a new steamer actually! Any you recommend? 

@Sunnysmom, mine is from Vanity Planet - Aira Ionic Facial Steamer. Before that, I had a steamer from Conair that lasted for years. There's always the Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Pro Facial Steamer - a beauty but $$. 

1 Reply
testing