Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@eshoe, it's funny how our sense of smell differs, isn't it? citrusy vs. "cucumber sparkling water with a hint of fish" lol. The packaging on the Leahlani is beautiful.

I was thinking the same exact thing, @itsfi. Such a discrepancy, though in this case Iโ€™m a little grateful I donโ€™t have her nose๐Ÿ˜† 

@eshoe  Ah, that Mermaid mask is such a nice one!

"Cucumber sparkling water with a hint of fish"... oh my goodness she cracks me up! ๐Ÿ˜‚

Based on her description alone, I donโ€™t think I would try it, @Shosh85 ๐Ÿ˜† 

G is for Goodal and gifted.

Mugwort sheet mask + mugwort teaMugwort sheet mask + mugwort tea

Summary (TL;DR) - The soft and very  thin bamboo material of the Goodal Mugwort Infused Water Mild Sheet Mask adheres comfortably to my skin as the fit, with some adjustments, can be tailored for my facial features. Despite its thinness, the environmentally friendly bamboo material has enough resiliency to it to hold, without weighing the mask down or making it feel heavy, the subtly herbal scented, watery essence, of which there is enough to last for at least an half hour of wear, without feeling like it is drying out. Results-wise, the mask lives up to its soothing claims as it felt nice and cool against my skin and left my complexion looking less flushed in certain areas. This mask would make a wonderful choice after a peel, or for those occasions when you need some down time or "me" time, and is one I would happily repurchase.

Detailed Review:

Spoiler

Mask:

Goodal Mugwort Infused Water Mild Sheet Mask

Claim(s):

Soothing

Material:

Bamboo sheet mask (claims to be 100% environmentally friendly)

Fit:

Very nice; adjustments needed to the inner bottom corners of the eyes and outer corners of the mouth. Length was a smidge too long but I ended up just folding up the extra.

Adherence:

Incredible

Essence:

Thin, light and watery; there is a lot of essence in this mask and extra in the packet as well.

Scent:

Subtle, herbal scent - it smelled calming, if that makes sense

Notable Ingredient(s):

artemesia extract (mugwort)(1,000ppm) - 4th ingredient listed

Performance + Results:

The mask feels soothing, cooling and relaxing when worn. I used this after a peel so I welcomed all three of those effects. Some of the redness on my cheeks seemed to have lessened by the end of my half our mask session. There was enough essence in the mask that I probably could have kept it on for another 10 minutes or so without it feeling like it was drying out.`

What I Liked:

Pretty much everything. This is a nice mask for unwinding, either after a long day or when you just need or want to give yourself a relaxing "time out"

Area(s) for Improvement:

(1) Accessiblity - I discovered these masks almost 2 years ago and am seeing them pop up more frequently now. I'm not sure if that means they are becoming more available on the US market or if they are being phased out. I certainly hope its the former as these are lovely masks.

(2) Added Fragrance - I don't necessarily mind added fragrance, especially when, like here, it's the last ingredient listed and itโ€™s subtle, but having no added fragrance would make it more user friendly to everyone. That said, it does make me wonder what masks in general, and this mask in particular, would smell like if added fragrance was not included. Hmmm...

Overall Thoughts:

The Goodal masks in this line have peformed well for me. This is my third, maybe fourth, mask from this series and they've all rated very good to excellent. I plan to try all of the masks from this line, or at least all the ones I have. I imagine there will be at least a few I will repurchase.

A huge thank you to @lmaster for her generosity in gifting me this mask, along with other fabulous goodies. ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜˜ Iโ€™m pretty sure I posted this to the unicorn mail thread but I canโ€™t seem to find it. Oh no! Grrr!

Spoiler
lmaster unicorn mail.jpg

Your use of the letter of the week is genius, @itsfi ๐Ÿ˜‰ It is safe to say that the generosity here is beyond measure!  

Very beautiful tea cup and stand ๐Ÿซ– 

@eshoe, thank you; a beautiful cup and coaster for a beautiful mask and masking session. @lmaster's kindness and friendship are a blessing. ๐Ÿค—

Mugwort is such a great soothing ingredient, @itsfi - glad to hear there's another winner in this line!

Yes it is @quspork. ๐Ÿ’š Iโ€™ve been into soothing ingredients more lately, and just doing more calming, relaxing things of late, like unwinding with tea, etc. Have been keeping notes on what masks you and others have recommended or liked. Will have to do some homework before it comes time for my next haul! ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

Such a sweet little gift from @lmaster! ๐Ÿ˜

Happy to hear you enjoyed this one @itsfi! This line is sounding really great so far! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85, agree! @lmaster is a sweetheart! ๐Ÿค— 

There are certain brands with sheet mask collections that are consistently solid. Based on the ones I've used so far, these Goodal sheet masks are proving to be in that class. 

Awwww @itsfi so happy you liked it!! ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ’

@lmaster, I should have picked up more of the Goodal sheet masks from this line a couple of years ago. Wait a second, no; no, I should not have. I had plenty more masks then so it's better that I showed some restraint. ๐Ÿคฃ So happy to have been able to try this mugwort varietal. Thank you again! These are certainly on my list for when I'm free of my sheet mask no-buy! Almost there, I think ... ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

Tonight I decided to take a break from using up my opened masks and use a sheet mask! G is for ginseng. It has a very earthy scent not to strong but enough to get a little scent here and there. It was dripping in a clear essence and I had it on for about 30 mins and it was still pretty wet. It adheres well. I started it in my bath then moved to my bed. Took about 5 mins for the remaining essence to soak into my skin. It claims to improve moisture balance, cleans and restore and anti aging. It feels moisturizing as for the rest hard to tell. I would definitely use again. 

21D31744-9DEF-42CB-9960-021A296D0C63.jpeg

โ€ƒ

The packaging is really nice @ather I'm glad to see it's a goodie

@ather another ginseng-scent fan here! Have you tried the Pixi Skintreats Glow Mud Mask? It has a lovely ginseng scent and barely dries down. 

@eshoe  Ooo I havenโ€™t but Iโ€™ll definitely keep my eyes out for it!

I love a good ginseng mask, @ather - glad to hear this one worked out well for you!

@quspork @Iโ€™ve never used a ginseng one so itโ€™s definitely a new favourite ingredient! Happy Valentineโ€™s Day!

Ahhh, love ginseng @ather! ๐Ÿ’– I didn't love having to drink it as a kid, but my skin certainly likes the results from it in skincare. This one sounds like a great mask for the cold winter, and reminds me that I have a couple of ginseng masks that I wanted to use this week. So many great "G" masks out there. I'll have to sneak it in another week. ๐Ÿ˜† 

Sooooo, you mentioned taking a break from your open masks. What masks are you using, hon? Tell us, please! ๐Ÿ˜

@itsfi  My skin really liked it. Itโ€™s feeling very refreshed today. Right now I have Tatcha Violet-C Radiance Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 mL Caudalie Pore Minimizing Instant Detox Mask 2.5 oz/ 75 mL Caudalie Purifying Clay Mask 2.5 oz/ 75 mL 3 of the Sephora stick masks and SEPHORA COLLECTION Instant Masks i think thatโ€™s all. I love the Sephora stick masks it says they have 15 uses in them but Iโ€™ve been using them for so long and they keep going!!! 

testing