Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

I loved this one @Shosh85!๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿฏ

Isn't wonderful @faeriegirl? Definitely an all-time favorite for me! Glad to hear it's a love for you too! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿ

This sounds like it hits a lot of the right spots- tencel, honey scent, good results. I can see why you're liking it, @Shosh85!

@quspork  It's sooo good! Definitely checks off a lot of boxes for me! ๐Ÿ‘

@Shosh85, so happy to hear you like this one - the repurchase test is a great indicator of a good mask. There's a lot of fabulous things with this mask - Tencel (ohhh, one of my favorite types of material), smells like honey ๐Ÿฏ and those results this one gave you are wonderful! This one is probably my favorite of the A by Bom sheet masks I've tried, though I haven't tried that many - something to work on. ๐Ÿ˜ It's been a while since I've asked ... but I'm going to ask, what's your favorite honey sheet mask that hasn't been discontinued (Because I think the Secret Key Banana Honey was a favorite of yours, right? Sooo good that one!)? Or favorites, because I would completely understand if there were more than one favorite honey mask. lol ๐Ÿ˜‰

@itsfi  You have an excellent memory! The Secret Key one was definitely my favorite honey mask! I think this A by Bom mask is my new favorite ๐Ÿ˜Š The Farmskin Honey and Lapcos Honey masks are probably tied for 2nd  place. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

What is your favorite honey mask?

Oh, all three of those honey masks are wonderful @Shosh85! Excellent choices. ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿฏ But I wouldn't expect otherwise! My favorites at the moment are from the Papa Recipe Bombee Honey line, with the ones in the black or rose gold packaging being tops though the two new ones (blue and purple packaging) are good too. I really love that line of masks in general; I could be see just that line for honey masks in my mask library; well, I mean, I could see that happening if I wasn't so interested in trying out honey sheet masks. ๐Ÿคฃ But my *need* to find the perfect honey sheet masks leads me to trying honey sheet masks a oft as I can. Hahaha! Yes, it's the "I *have* to try it" approach.  

Tosowoong Pure Propolis is always a solid choice for me as well, but that's propolis and not honey specifically; the only modification I'd love to see with the Tosowoong mask is for the sheet to be thinner, like a Tencel or cotton cupra type material. I don't mind the thickness but I definitely wouldn't have an issue if they used a thinner material. ๐Ÿ˜‰

@itsfi  Oh yeah! How could I forget Papa Recipe?! I loved the Bombee Honey one! Though, it's been awhile since I tried it, so I'm not sure where I'd put it in my ratings ๐Ÿ˜‰Thanks for the reminder to try it again soon! 

I agree with you on the Tosowoong masks! I do gravitate toward the thinner masks ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85, there's at least one, possibly two, masks from the Papa Recipe Bombee Honey line that I'd like to revisit, to see if what I think my thoughts on them are actually my thoughts on them. Hahaha! I feel like it might be nice to try them all of them again actually, now that I've been masking for some time and may look at or judge sheet masks differently. 

@itsfi  Too bad they don't make a multi-variety box of these (to my knowledge, I haven't seen one). It would be nice to compare them all for subtle differences.

100% agree @PrettyPaint! Iโ€™m a big fan of sampler sets. The closest Iโ€™ve seen is a variety pack of most of them; but thereโ€™s 10 of each flavor!!! As much as I love them, thatโ€™s a bit much!! ๐Ÿคฃ Every so often, Iโ€™ll find the masks on sale individually on a Kbeauty online commerce site, like masksheets for $1-$2 (the masks are usually priced at approximately $3-$4).

@itsfi  Oh my - yes, that would be just too many. I've seen them sold individually on yesstyle and masksheets, etc., but it seems like there usually isn't an exhaustive selection.

Yeah @PrettyPaint, it seems youโ€™d have to get them piecemeal, which isnโ€™t ideal. Right now, I have 4, maybe 5, different ones. After my sheet mask no buy ends I may scout out the ones Iโ€™m missing and set out to do a comparison. Some are more difficult to locate than others but I can add it to my list of things to do while on my no-buy. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Hahaha! 

Last night I tried The INKEY List Kaolin Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 mL .  I was interested in it because my usual HG clay mask, Versed Find Clarity Purifying Mask, has been harder to get my hands on.  (Target no longer sells it in-store, and Dermstore no longer offers free shipping with any order but instead has a $35 minimum.)  I enjoy clay masks because they absorb oil and make my pores appear to shrink.

I was surprised that this was a white clay mask.  At first I didn't care, but then I realized that it was a little hard to tell when it dried down.  I applied a thin layer because that's what the directions said to do, but also because I didn't think it spread that well and was hard to build.  As the mask dried, the drier areas turned kind of transparent.  The thicker layers didn't dry that well and I got impatient after about 12 minutes or so.

As it dried down, I didn't get that dry/cracked feeling that ones does with clay masks.  That WAS nice.  This also rinsed off easily.

I truthfully wasn't that impressed last night, but today I noticed that my pores did seem more clear.  So yes, I will use this again!  (However, it didn't stop me from buying another two of the Versed mask today because I'm a beauty hoarder.)

One thing I really appreciate about this mask was the price.  I feel like it's OK to not love it, because it's so inexpensive.  I own three other items from The Inkey List, and I really think it's been a solid brand.

@greeneyedgirl107  I really like how you said that this one doesn't dry down fully yet isn't difficult to remove - that sounds like a great combo! 

So glad you reviewed this one @greeneyedgirl107 I've been curious about this one for awhile

@lmaster Happy to help out ๐Ÿ™‚

@greeneyedgirl107  This one sounds pretty good, but I'm sorry to hear the Versed mask is harder to get a hold of! Does the Versed mask dry down super hard?

@Shosh85 The Versed mask definitely dries down, but I wouldn't say it dries down super hard or  uncomfortably so.  Whenever I've felt that uncomfortable too tight/extra dry feeling, it's always been b/c I left it on for too long.  You know, like when you can't wait the 10-15 minutes so you go on BIC and time flies!

@greeneyedgirl107  Oh, yes time certainly flies when your on the BIC! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Thanks for the info! Both of these clay masks sound like they're worth trying out! 

Thanks for the review on this one, @greeneyedgirl107. I've been curious to hear more about it. 

testing