Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@Shosh85, five of them?!! Woah! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ Oh that is dangerous! ๐Ÿ˜† 

@itsfi thanks for reviewing the sephora sleep mask  -I've been curious. Do you feel like it works better than the jarred sleep masks like the YTTP one? $5 isn't too bad for single use, but it feels like it would be more cost effective to just buy a multi use one. 

@Kim888, YTTP Superberry is more creamy. The Sephora Collection one is moisturizing but not as moisturizing as the YTTP. Those with dry or really dry skin might not find the SC sleeping mask moisturizing enough.

The consistency on this one is thicker than the Glow Recipe Watermelon Sleeping Mask (though the latter smells better, in my opinion). I would choose this one over the GR watermelon, primarily because of the consistency but also because the SC one does not contain AHAs. I get in my exfoliating acids from other products and have to be careful about how many products I use in my routine that contain AHA/BHA/PHA so as to avoid over-exfoliation. 

Oooh, that Vitamasque mask seems amazing, @itsfi!! I like the few I've tried from them, I should pick up some more (and add the lychee one).

This was such a nice mask @haleyvvvv! I have one or two more from the brand but will pick up more when my sheet mask no buy ends. 

So I don't actually have any Unicorn masks ๐Ÿฆ„, but Unicorns make me think of rainbows and colors and sparkles, so I'm cheating a bit.โ€ƒ

IMG_20210207_235913.jpg

SkinForum Face It Pop Art Face Mask - totally counts for an F mask too, lol. My skin likes niacinamide, so this left my skin bright and a little hudrated, but was a little too fragrant for me to pull from often The pattern is fun, but its a little big for me. Not a ton of serum on the mask, nor in the package. A good B/B-

Pure Aura Cosmic Shimmer Hologram Foil Mask - A bit hard to capture the rainbow color in a picture, unfortunately. The fit is good, I like how it is two pieces, but the chin was a little small. This foil mask has some heft, but the skin side is charcoal and feels nice against the skin. Lot of serum on the mask and in the package, no scent. My skin was noticeably tacky, but hydrated and smooth. I don't know if the charcoal did anything since I used a different pore mask right before (doh! ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ). I really enjoyed! B+/A-

As far as a mask that eluded me, I'm going with a  Gudetama (or as my partner and I affectionately refer to it, the eggistential egg yoke, aka lazy egg) Season's Glow mask from the Creme Shop. We became keen on Gudetama after getting a toy from a gachapon machine a few years ago. I've been so keen on after seeing everyone else's cute skincare, lol, and pulled it out of the MOTM box. Alas, this mask didn't have an imprint of Gudetama on it ๐Ÿ˜ž . Standard Creme Shop brightening mask. Good filler. B-/C+

Ingredients: 

Spoiler
IMG_20210207_235938.jpg

@haleyvvvv  Such fun masks! And I โค๏ธ Gudetama

They were all super fun, @PrettyPaint!! Thank you!!

@haleyvvvv Those are so cool!!

Agreed, @Samtian!! Thank you!!

@haleyvvvv I'm loving the patterns on these masks!! 

Thank you, @lmaster!! They are really fun!!

These are both great designs, @haleyvvvv - I am loving how the Pop Art mask looks! 

Thank you, @quspork!! I'm a sucker for a pretty design!!

@haleyvvvv  Oh my goodness, how fun! The foil mask sounds great and rainbow colored is a wonderful little bonus! ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Thank you, @Shosh85!! 

@haleyvvvv omg what fun masks! The holo one is so cool! Being too tacky after is definitely one of my pet peeves as well though

They were really fun and cute, thank you, @Kim888!! I actually don't mind tack, as I mask in the PM, but just wanted to note in my summation.

The illustrations on these masks are so fun @haleyvvvv - thereโ€™s a letter of the week mask for you. Too bad they werenโ€™t standouts for you.

Thank you, @itsfi!! Eh, it takes A LOT for a sheet mask to be a standout for me, a B is good.

One more for this week..... F is for Freeman 

A19FBF4C-230B-4B6D-87C8-6F093B4287C5.jpeg

Spoiler

Freeman Deep Clearing Tea Tree + Blackberry Sheet Mask

Material:

Thin, delicate cotton. It tore in couple spots when I was putting it on

Serum:

Milky. Not expecting that, but it was a nice a surprise.

Scent:

Light, fruity/berry scent that wasn't too noticeable while the mask was on.

Fit:

Not the best fit. Too long at the chin/jawline, too wide and just kinda had a baggy feel to it. The adherence wasn't the greatest, and I had to constantly re-pat or smooth something down.

Wear Time:

30 minutes - probably could've gone longer but I got tired of constantly fixing it

Tack:

Light. Lasted about 10 minutes

Results:

My face felt soft and nicely moisturized and my skin tone looked more even and a little brighter.

For some reason I wasn't expecting to like this one, but it really turned out great.

Repurchase?

Considering I picked this up from the grocery store for less than $2, I definitely would. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Ingredients:

Spoiler
4947C1D1-815E-466E-9685-F2A97AAB2FAB.jpeg

1 Reply
testing