Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Ooooh. I'm excited to hear your take on the Vitamasques lychee sheet mask if you decide to pick it up @PrettyPaint! Oh no, hair catastrophe! I have to keep my hair in a ponytail or braid when I sleep, which means that there's always a pile of hair ties on my nightstand or bathroom counter. ๐Ÿ˜ I didn't think the lychee hair mask smelled like lychee at all, not the canned version or the fresh one. I really wanted it to smell like lychee too. That's what the Vitamasques mask is for though! ๐Ÿ’–

@itsfi  I did pick the lychee up! ๐Ÿ™‚  I really want to try it now, but I'm trying not to yet because I discovered some masks that will be expiring soon. But the lychee looks more fun - I will definitely post about it when I try. I am even more excited to try it if it actually smells like lychee. I just realized that I think I have had lychee gummies before - not sure if they taste like the real thing. That's probably pretty pathetic that my only experience with a fruit is through gummy format, but gummies are awesome! 

Gummies are delicious @PrettyPaint! โ™ฅ๏ธ Lychees are not readily available even if they are in season. The distribution chain and demand are not like apples or oranges or grapes. I didnโ€™t have fresh lychees until I moved to the Bay Area. Oh, now Iโ€™m curious, which lychee gummies have you tried? 

@itsfi  I think they were from Kasugai. If I remember correctly, I think they are at target and come individually wrapped within a larger bag. I've also had the ginger chew version (prince of peace) I think (not technically a gummy).

@PrettyPaint, these lychee gummies?

DDC4CC3A-9F05-4110-BDF5-91BA565068BC.jpeg

If so, these are yummy!! ๐Ÿ˜‹ Fresh lychees will have a more natural sweet taste to it while canned lychees will taste sweeter because of the syrup. 

Oh yes, Prince of Peace Ginger Chew! I just recently picked up ginger jelly candy from a Korean market in the city. I didnโ€™t know they existed but I want to compare them to the Prince of Peace Ginger Chews. These jelly candies seem slightly softer. 

Oops, about the lychee mask... Definitely work through the ones nearing expiration @PrettyPaint. It doesnโ€™t feel great to have to toss a mask because it went bad. ๐Ÿ˜” I try to get through all my close to expiring masks before the stated expiry date, if I can. There have certainly been a few that have lasted past their stated shelf life. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ Every once in a while, if I can, Iโ€™ll try to sneak in a newer mask. โ˜บ๏ธ 

Yep! @itsfi one thing I definitely noticed was how soft my skin felt in the morning after using this. I did not buy the lychee version, I have the prickly pear and the almond milk and they both are great for $5

@lmaster, of the two versions you have, do you have a preference? Iโ€™ve been using the lychee sleeping mask as a morning moisturizer occasionally.

@itsfi not necessarily, they both seem to do the same for my skin, the almond version smells exactly like the DE deodorant

@lmaster, I don't have the DE deodorant - is that a good thing or a bad thing that the almond milk mask smells like it? ๐Ÿ˜‚

@itsfi I think it smells really good, almond for sure!

Thank you @lmaster! Almond would be a nice scent!

The Ciate lip oils are so good, @itsfi! It's good to see some good things about the Vitamasques. This one sounds like it worked out really well! 

@quspork, my experience with Vitamasques has been limited but this lychee mask definitely makes me want to delve more into their sheet masks! โ™ฅ๏ธ Lip oils are go toโ€™s during the wintertime. The scent on the Ciate ones are a nice pick me up as well! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@itsfi  Hmmm, the Vitamasques mask sounds great - glad to hear you enjoyed it!
 I too, am very fond of Target, ๐Ÿ˜‰ and will definitely have to include a couple in my next order! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Also, I've never seen Lychee in person before- are the things in the bowl Lychee as well?

@Shosh85, whoops, forgot to respond about the lychee. The ones in the bowl are canned lychee. The fresh ones are smaller in size and more translucent in color. The canned ones include syrup which comes in handy when making sweet black tea with lychee. 

@itsfi  Hmm, I had no idea!.... they're kinda heart-shaped ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿค

@Shosh85, I realized that too after looking at the photo. I guess I was subconsciously ready or preparing for Valentine's Day. ๐Ÿ’– Hahaha!

@Shosh85, it seems like Vitamasques has revamped its sheet mask lineup. My recollection is that they had a couple of sheet masks (I used a Natural Moisturizing Factor one a couple years ago), but now there's a lot more than a couple options; multiple collections even.

I was super excited to see they were available at Target; the store by me doesn't carry them but I've learned that there's another Target in the city that I've never been to (let alone knew existed). ๐Ÿ˜ฒ I know, I know!! I felt like I was slacking on my Target game, ๐Ÿ˜ž but it just means I will need to make a visit soon when the time is right. Probably not a good idea to be loitering in aisles at the moment so I'll wait until things get better so I can do a thorough walk through of this new-to-me Target. ๐Ÿคฃ By the looks of it on the website, it appears as if it's the Target in the city that has the most extensive beauty section. ๐Ÿ˜ 

@itsfi  I do physically go into Target occasionally, (definitely not as much since the pandemic happened) but I normally order from Target (dot) com now and it looks like there's a few available...... they're also currently Buy 3 Get 1 Free and (as you probably know,) if you have a Red Card you get another 5% off ๐Ÿ˜‰

Spoiler
51A1ACDA-AB8C-4738-A432-E151BAF67C70.jpeg

Oooh, that's a good deal @Shosh85๐Ÿ˜ Go, go, gooooo! I love Target's contactless pick up feature - order online and then they deliver it to my car! Easy peasy. I'm convinced that they have things I can get through that option that I would not otherwise be able to find in store. I went in once looking for a product; it said it was in aisle B20 or something like that and when I walked around the store, the last aisle in that section was B12. No B20 or 13...14...15 for that matter anywhere. Yet, lo and behold, I use the "order and drive up" feature or the "order and pick up" option and voila, it's there for me when I go to retrieve my order. It's magic! ๐Ÿ˜ 

I've been to the Target in your downtown are; that was fun and dangerous for my wallet. The only thing that helped keep my purchases in check was that I was walking back to the hotel and there was only so many things I could fit into my backpack and extra bag. 

3 Replies
testing