Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@eshoe  I had no idea the cleansing balm could be used as a mask - how cool! 

@PrettyPaint itโ€™s a big bonus for any dry-skinned faces out there๐Ÿ˜‰

@eshoe I really like the sound of the re:p the scent sounds perfect too

Very soothing @lmaster , and we could all use that๐Ÿ˜‰

@eshoe, the re:p mask is great for sensitive skin. The combo of it and the camellia mask sounds very soothing.

@itsfi I plan to take up your suggestion of using an Ampoule/oil in the fall months. I hope to find a good camellia oil-based product, it seems to be very gentle and easy in the skin.

@eshoe  Hmm, sounds like I need to start trying out more Camellia masks! So happy to hear you found another good one!๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Also, I like you idea for a Piรฑa Colada flavor Laneige- sounds delicious! ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‰

@Shosh85, I think you would love camellia oil. Nourishing goodness for dry skin. 

@itsfi  I'll definitely have to look into it more! ..... what have you tried?

@Shosh85, I've used the Jeju Blossom 100% dry oil as well as their serum. Camellia oil is the primary focus of the brand. Tatcha makes a camellia oil that is quite nice; very luxe. On the opposite end of the price spectrum is Life-Flo camellia oil - I've seen the brand at TJM / Marshalls but haven't seen the camellia version. For sheet masks, there's a camellia one in the Etude House 0.2mm line (that one's a jelly essence). 

Leaderโ€™s Piรฑa Colada mask has such a great scent, @Shosh85. If it could be duplicated, yum! Now I feel like I need to find a good summery balmโ˜บ๏ธ

@eshoe  I agree, the scent in that Leaders mask would be a great one to duplicate! ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ‘Œ

F is for fruit (dark cherries), fermentation (yogurt/lactic acid) and Farsali (lip mask). Unicorns were everywhere in Wednesday's masking time - from the Lush Unicorn lip scrub to the masks themselves, the unicorn mug, and the unicorn tears tea. @sonnydee 
Unicorn.jpg

Spoiler
bioBelle Pink Hydrogel Facial Mask #UnicornShake isn't your typical bioBelle sheet mask which is  usually made of Tencel or a Tencel-like material. As its name states, it's a hydrogel mask, and a 2-piece pink one at that. This one has a subtle crosshatch pattern to it that I think helps with its adherence, as I did not experience a lot of the slip-sliding I sometimes do with hydrogel masks. There was some slippage with the strip covering the area above my upper lip but nothing too problematic. As for fit, the 2-piece design is very helpful and but for it being a little too wide at the temples, this mask fit the size, shape and features of my face pretty well - no need for any adjustments to the eyes or mouth areas either as the openings for both were sufficiently wide. Fifteen minutes of wear yielded a lightly hydrated, plump, clear and fresh-faced brightness to my face. It would make a great choice for morning masking, or before a special event or occasion, if it were still available. Sadly, this mask has been discontinued.  

@itsfi  Boo - another discontinued mask. I am going to do a google search for that tea pronto. 

@PrettyPaint, I didnโ€™t realize I used so many discontinued masks this week. Sigh ๐Ÿ˜” I have plenty that are still around so thatโ€™s good news.

The tea can be found on the brandโ€™s site - paraviontea dot com; I think itโ€™s available online at Neiman Marcus too. 

@itsfi Thanks! I actually looked at the brand's site last night, and there were a whole bunch of fun options. I don't know if my computer was being weird, but I couldn't find very detailed descriptions of ingredients, etc. I just pulled it up on NM, though, and I definitely prefer the layout. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Itโ€™s a loose leaf tea @PrettyPaint. Iโ€™ll take a pic of it tomorrow for you.

The Unicorn Tears tea is color changing @itsfi? I checked the brandโ€™s site hoping to see it in action. They make some beautiful teas! 

@eshoe, I found the unicorn teas when I was out of town pre-pandemic. Itโ€™s a beautiful tea. ๐Ÿซ– ๐Ÿต 

@itsfi  Well isn't this just the cutest set up!๐Ÿ˜

I'm so sad about all the masks BioBelle discontinued! I loved all the originals, including this one! Definitely sounds like you got some great results! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿฆ„

3 Replies
testing