Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

***2022 Mask of the Week Challenge***

Open for input and suggestionsπŸ‘‡πŸΌ

Spoiler

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: Animal Print Masks - Lions 🦁, tigers 🐯, pandas 🐼, and bears 🐻, oh my! None other than the lovely @Shosh85 brings us this smile-worthy challengeπŸ˜„

Letter of the Week:  Q

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

@eshoe  I may need to try that oat cleanser!!! Great reviews 

It’s extremely gentle @ather.  I am not a fan of the scent, but others haven’t noticed anything off so you likely have nothing to worry about! It is an oversize tube, really a good deal. I plan on taking the dual masterclasses, really curious what they have to say.

@eshoe  I saw you posted the link for the master class I’m going to see if I’m available that day and I may do it too!!

Yay, I hope you are able to, @ather

Also, before I forget...I weighed the Silk pillowcase against the unbranded version.

Spoiler
B14075DE-A200-42F1-95AF-B94F584EAE0E.jpeg
984DFA2E-6DC4-4E91-A1CC-0B55CC1CF87E.jpeg

The Silk (top) is definitely heavier weight, which makes me think (and hope) that it will last longer than the other silk pillowcase I bought. But! Both are very, very soft:)

@eshoe  Very interesting. I would also think the brand will last longer too!!

Yes! @ather, good point πŸ‘πŸΌ

@eshoe  I had no idea the cleansing balm could be used as a mask - how cool! 

@PrettyPaint it’s a big bonus for any dry-skinned faces out thereπŸ˜‰

@eshoe I really like the sound of the re:p the scent sounds perfect too

Very soothing @lmaster , and we could all use thatπŸ˜‰

@eshoe, the re:p mask is great for sensitive skin. The combo of it and the camellia mask sounds very soothing.

@itsfi I plan to take up your suggestion of using an Ampoule/oil in the fall months. I hope to find a good camellia oil-based product, it seems to be very gentle and easy in the skin.

@eshoe  Hmm, sounds like I need to start trying out more Camellia masks! So happy to hear you found another good one!πŸ˜ƒ

Also, I like you idea for a PiΓ±a Colada flavor Laneige- sounds delicious! πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‰

@Shosh85, I think you would love camellia oil. Nourishing goodness for dry skin. 

@itsfi  I'll definitely have to look into it more! ..... what have you tried?

@Shosh85, I've used the Jeju Blossom 100% dry oil as well as their serum. Camellia oil is the primary focus of the brand. Tatcha makes a camellia oil that is quite nice; very luxe. On the opposite end of the price spectrum is Life-Flo camellia oil - I've seen the brand at TJM / Marshalls but haven't seen the camellia version. For sheet masks, there's a camellia one in the Etude House 0.2mm line (that one's a jelly essence). 

Leader’s PiΓ±a Colada mask has such a great scent, @Shosh85. If it could be duplicated, yum! Now I feel like I need to find a good summery balm☺️

@eshoe  I agree, the scent in that Leaders mask would be a great one to duplicate! πŸ˜‹πŸ‘Œ

F is for fruit (dark cherries), fermentation (yogurt/lactic acid) and Farsali (lip mask). Unicorns were everywhere in Wednesday's masking time - from the Lush Unicorn lip scrub to the masks themselves, the unicorn mug, and the unicorn tears tea. @sonnydee 
Unicorn.jpg

Spoiler
bioBelle Pink Hydrogel Facial Mask #UnicornShake isn't your typical bioBelle sheet mask which is  usually made of Tencel or a Tencel-like material. As its name states, it's a hydrogel mask, and a 2-piece pink one at that. This one has a subtle crosshatch pattern to it that I think helps with its adherence, as I did not experience a lot of the slip-sliding I sometimes do with hydrogel masks. There was some slippage with the strip covering the area above my upper lip but nothing too problematic. As for fit, the 2-piece design is very helpful and but for it being a little too wide at the temples, this mask fit the size, shape and features of my face pretty well - no need for any adjustments to the eyes or mouth areas either as the openings for both were sufficiently wide. Fifteen minutes of wear yielded a lightly hydrated, plump, clear and fresh-faced brightness to my face. It would make a great choice for morning masking, or before a special event or occasion, if it were still available. Sadly, this mask has been discontinued.  

@itsfi  Boo - another discontinued mask. I am going to do a google search for that tea pronto. 

@PrettyPaint, I didn’t realize I used so many discontinued masks this week. Sigh πŸ˜” I have plenty that are still around so that’s good news.

The tea can be found on the brand’s site - paraviontea dot com; I think it’s available online at Neiman Marcus too. 

15 Replies