Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

If you haven’t joined in yet, better late than never!

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar that give your skin the perfect AM glow! Another nod to @keana1 for this week’s challengeπŸ™ŒπŸΌ

Letter of the Week:  M

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

The Unicorn Tears tea is color changing @itsfi? I checked the brand’s site hoping to see it in action. They make some beautiful teas! 

@eshoe, I found the unicorn teas when I was out of town pre-pandemic. It’s a beautiful tea. πŸ«– 🍡 

@itsfi  Well isn't this just the cutest set up!😍

I'm so sad about all the masks BioBelle discontinued! I loved all the originals, including this one! Definitely sounds like you got some great results! πŸ˜ƒπŸ¦„

Teas, lip balms and sheet masks. I seem to have them in endless supply @Shosh85! πŸ˜ƒ Good thing they pair well when it comes to some self care. πŸ˜‰ 

I’m a little bummed that all their older masks are no more. I had planned on keeping a couple from the original group as staples in my mask library. On the other hand, that means I get to keep trying more masks until I find ones I want to curate for the library. πŸ˜† The new BioBelle ones are fine enough but I feel like they don’t compare to the goodness of the originals from the brand. 

That mug is so cute @itsfi!

Thank you @faeriegirl! The mug has been a hit on Zoom calls. πŸ¦„ Adds some fun and good cheer to the day.

It's too bad Biobelle got ride of this one, @itsfi. You have such a wonderful unicorn collection here though! That mug is adorable. 

Yeah, Biobelle changed up their mask lineup so there’s quite a few that were discontinued. πŸ˜” Thank you @quspork! Most of my unicorn  items have all gone to my niece. πŸ¦„ I still have a few things like this mug; but she’s already called dibs on it for when she’s older. Hahaha! πŸ˜‚ 

That's so sad it's discontinued!! @itsfi love all your unicorn items πŸ¦„

@lmaster, I really am fond of the older Biobelle masks. I have a handful of the new ones and they're nice; I just like the older ones more. πŸ˜£ Also, a hydrogel that doesn't fall off my face is always a plus! πŸ‘

F is for Factr and Fermented 

Spoiler
The beautiful Factr water barrier mask is a very thin cotton well saturated mask. It’s one of those masks that I think has cuts to make it adjust better but I think it was a bit too many - the fit wasn’t amazing.  It smelled a bit citrusy but that went away. It was a bit tacky after I used it but it didn’t last long. Overall, it was nice but nothing I would buy again 

I also got a sample of the new Drunk Elephant face spray. Not a fan - I get it’s fermented but it smells bad and I don’t think it’s it giving me any benefits that other face sprays can’t give with better scents 

97BFEE2A-E802-402E-A9A7-6FCEBC60F4C2.jpeg

 

@Kim888  I'm really glad you reviewed the DE face spray. I had considered purchasing it, but ugh - I'd rather not put something stinky on my face.

@Kim888  It's too bad about the scent I the DE - I was afraid of that πŸ˜•

I have that sheet mask too and it's good to know what to expect - it sounds nice! πŸ™‚

This mask sounds nice, @Kim888. It's too bad about the scent on the DE though. 

@Kim888 tbh I kinda cringed that they used sake in the name, doesn't make me think of hydration, more like dry alcohol 🀷

@lmaster @Excellent point - didn’t think of that but yeah don’t know why you’d want to boast alcohol for the face haha 

Hmmmm about the DE, @Kim888. This definitely steers me away! Although that would not be the first time a fermented skincare product was noted as not smelling the best.

Annnnnndddd now I can remove the DE from my basket @Kim888 !  Thanks for the heads up on the scent!

@Kim888, thanks so much for sharing about the DE spray. Scent plays a big factor when it comes to sprays; at least for me, it does. The Factr mask sounds nice, but I hear you - the more masks I try, whether I would repurchase a mask carries a lot of weight the more masks I try. There's a lot of good masks out there; just not a lot of space for all of them and then there's the whole 'just one face' criteria to factor in. πŸ˜†  

@itsfi @Agree - I’m totally willing to suffer through weird scents for some things, but there’s so many similar mists and I like to feel relaxed and refreshed when I use them