Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

That's so sad it's discontinued!! @itsfi love all your unicorn items ๐Ÿฆ„

@lmaster, I really am fond of the older Biobelle masks. I have a handful of the new ones and they're nice; I just like the older ones more. ๐Ÿ˜ฃ Also, a hydrogel that doesn't fall off my face is always a plus! ๐Ÿ‘

F is for Factr and Fermented 

Spoiler
The beautiful Factr water barrier mask is a very thin cotton well saturated mask. Itโ€™s one of those masks that I think has cuts to make it adjust better but I think it was a bit too many - the fit wasnโ€™t amazing.  It smelled a bit citrusy but that went away. It was a bit tacky after I used it but it didnโ€™t last long. Overall, it was nice but nothing I would buy again 

I also got a sample of the new Drunk Elephant face spray. Not a fan - I get itโ€™s fermented but it smells bad and I donโ€™t think itโ€™s it giving me any benefits that other face sprays canโ€™t give with better scents 

97BFEE2A-E802-402E-A9A7-6FCEBC60F4C2.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@Kim888  I'm really glad you reviewed the DE face spray. I had considered purchasing it, but ugh - I'd rather not put something stinky on my face.

@Kim888  It's too bad about the scent I the DE - I was afraid of that ๐Ÿ˜•

I have that sheet mask too and it's good to know what to expect - it sounds nice! ๐Ÿ™‚

This mask sounds nice, @Kim888. It's too bad about the scent on the DE though. 

@Kim888 tbh I kinda cringed that they used sake in the name, doesn't make me think of hydration, more like dry alcohol ๐Ÿคท

@lmaster @Excellent point - didnโ€™t think of that but yeah donโ€™t know why youโ€™d want to boast alcohol for the face haha 

Hmmmm about the DE, @Kim888. This definitely steers me away! Although that would not be the first time a fermented skincare product was noted as not smelling the best.

Annnnnndddd now I can remove the DE from my basket @Kim888 !  Thanks for the heads up on the scent!

@Kim888, thanks so much for sharing about the DE spray. Scent plays a big factor when it comes to sprays; at least for me, it does. The Factr mask sounds nice, but I hear you - the more masks I try, whether I would repurchase a mask carries a lot of weight the more masks I try. There's a lot of good masks out there; just not a lot of space for all of them and then there's the whole 'just one face' criteria to factor in. ๐Ÿ˜†  

@itsfi @Agree - Iโ€™m totally willing to suffer through weird scents for some things, but thereโ€™s so many similar mists and I like to feel relaxed and refreshed when I use them 

@Kim888, do you have any favorite mists? Or if no faves, ones you find yourself reaching for often?

@itsfi @My favorite one was this random one I got in facetory Ha dong Green Tea Gel Mist - Iโ€™m not sure it can be bought anywhere in the US though. I ended up buying a second one on mecari. 

I did like the glow recipe one but it went bad really fast and Iโ€™ve liked the Pixie Milky mist as well! 

Do you have any go to?

@Kim888, the mister on the Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Ultra-Fine Mist 2.53 oz/ 75 mL is great; I like that mist in the warmer months. Right now, I've been enjoying Dear, Klairs Fundamental Ampule Mist.  Ausome Hydrating Double Mist is a really nice one too, but difficult to source. AMOREPACIFIC Moisture Bound Skin Energy Hydration Mist has always been a favorite. ๐Ÿ’–

Belated last week masking postings 

IMG_20210201_022813.jpg

Rinse-Off Masks to Soften

• I recently finished one of the Frank Body Caffinated Glow Mask. I think this a face product, but I didn't love the scent/texture, so I've used it as a body mask. It didn't work great as that either. It is hydrating, but didn't leave my skin glowing. Meh...Now I have this second one to use, blah. 
  • Purlisse Coconut Oil + Coffee Scrub. I love coffee scrubs, but I think I like dry coffee scrubs more. I end up having to use a ton of product and don't feel like I'm getting as good as a scrub. Its okay. 
  • Whish Exfoliating Foot Mask. Wear overnight and then diamond scrub my feet the next day once a week. Really helps get rid of dead skin and facilitate the scrub. The smell is terrible and it is very sticky for a bit. I like it but I'd definitely use something else. 
  • Bite Beauty Agave Sugar Lip Scrub (old school styles). I like this. It definitely leaves my lips soft and smooth. The sugar granules were a little large and maybe a bit harsher than I would prefer though. 
  • (Not pictured) Christophe Robin Purifying Scalp Scrub with Sea Salt 8.33 oz/ 246 mL . My current fave scalp scrub. 

"E" Masks 

• Farmacy Coconut Gel Sheet Mask - Brightening 0.78 oz/ 23 mL. I'm pretending the French counts, so this Eclaircissant mask counts. I love a gel mask. This is a fairly well fitting  nice mask. The next morning it left my skin glowing. Not a ton of serum. Too much packaging. No scent really. Solid B.

Others 

• Sand and Sky Pink Australian Clay Pore Refining Mask. Its alright. It definitely is a nice clay mask, but it dries too fast and overdries fairly quickly. Also, why does it contain retinol??
  • JayJun Lecithin Barrier Mask. This mask is full of lovely for skin ingredients, like niacinamide, hylauronic acid, ceramides, ferments. There is a generous amount of serum. Fit was okay. Can't recall scent, if any. I wanted to love it, beautiful it just was okay. It is a good filler mask, it definitely is good, but it doesn't wow like I wish it would. Solid B.

Ingredients 

Spoiler
IMG_20210201_022841.jpg

Ahhhh I was hoping for a better experience with the Jayjun, @haleyvvvv - it looked promising! At least nothing about it was irritating, though.

Same, same, @eshoe!! Its a good filler mask though, I'm not upset I have a 10 pack to use. Thanks!!

The French version absolutely counts @haleyvvvv! Bien sur!!!  Oh, thank you for the info on that Sand & Sky mask - I didn't know it had retinol in it. Will remember that; my skin will probably not take fondly to the mask.

I have a couple of French connection themed masking I'm hoping to get to at some point. 

Yeah, if you skin doesn't like retinols, I'd avoid, since it makes a point to say not to use with other Vitamin A products. But at the same time, it's like how much is getting in from 10-15 min wash off mask? Very weird, IMO, @itsfi. I look forward to seeing your French Connection masks ๐Ÿ™‚ 

@haleyvvvv I totally say that the French version counts as an E! lol

12 Replies
testing