Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Thank you, @missjeanie!! ๐Ÿ˜†

@haleyvvvv I bought the FB hair scrub, hoping it would smell like coffee,, big nope, and I agree, the scent is funky to put it lightly, not a repurchase for me, but the FB hair mask is really good, still doesn't smell like coffee but I did like the results

I also just finished the body cream, and it has a similar weird scent, @lmaster. Definitely not my fave brand. I'm glad I tried, but just not for me.

@haleyvvvv now the coffee lip scrub is divine!!! Guess we need to make sure it says coffee in the description and not caffeine ๐Ÿคฆ

@lmaster I saw the FB and right away thought of your newer purchases.  Too bad they don't actually smell like coffee!  That's frankly the best part to me of the lip scrub I use lol.  I am curious about the hair mask now that you say you've like it though! 

@missjeanie the coffee scrub is amazing!!! The hair mask I wish smelled like coffee but it's not a deal breaker

I just took a peek and it looks like their direct site delivers for free to Canada @lmaster ... I may need to see about getting some more of the coffee flavoured products at some point. mmmmmmmm coffeeeeeeeee

F is for February masking with fruits 
F - fruits fig + unicorn.jpg
This Saborino pack is the last of the monthly daily mask packs in my stash. I was intrigued by it because it's marketed as an evening mask, which would have been fitting if I started using it last week. It contains fig and other fruits so there's the letter of the week and I'm planning on using it every day this month, so another F. Last night, I paired the sheet mask with a couple of unicorn lip care items in honor of @sonnydee's challenge theme. 

Tip: I find with mask packs like this the top few sheets are not as saturated as the bottom sheets, so my MO with these daily sheet mask packs is to flip it upside down before using one to allow the extra essence from the bottom of the pack to make its way to the top sheets.

Sheet Mask
Spoiler
This particular varietal, the Saborino Goodnight Mask (Rich Type) is targeted towards those with normal to dry skin. The key ingredients in this mask are rosehip, raspberry, fig, lavender, milk and blueberry. The scent on this mask reflects those key ingredients for the most part - there's a sweet, floral, milky scent to this one. It seemed odd when I first picked up on the scent but having realized what the key ingredients are, the scent on this one makes a lot of sense. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Material; Fit; Adherence and Essence
Like the other Saborino masks I've used, these masks are designed for daily use. Unlike those mask, this was holds itself out as being deeply moisturizing and suited for evening masking. Also unlike the other Saborino mask packs I've used in the past, this one does not have than strong-ish menthol scent, which is fine by me. Instead there's a faint sweet fruity floral scent to these masks. The sheet is on the thinner side and is rather stretchy, which makes it suitable for many face shapes and sizes. Width-wise, it's almost perfect for my face, which is unusual for sheet masks but not necessarily so for Japanese sheet masks in packs like this - I've found they fit the width of my face very well.  Although the mask isn't saturated in essence, I nonetheless make incisions to the inner and outer corners of the eyes to because the eye hole is rather narrow. Similarly, I'll do the same to the outer corner of the mouth to make the mask wear more comfortably. Instructions suggest that the mask can be worn for as little as one minute. That doesn't seem like enough time to me. Perhaps I'll test that out later in the month. For now, I'm aiming for keeping the mask on for 5-10 minutes. I opted for 5 minutes this first night. 

Claims; Results
The mask is aimed at moisturizing the skin; actually, this Saborino evening masks claims the work of 5 products in 1 - toner, emulsion, serum, cream and mask. Results-wise, these sheet masks do not provide a ton of hydration or moisture and I don't expect them to. My skin feels lightly hydrated and there's a slight tacky-to-the-touch feeling after my skin has absorbed what essence remains after I remove the mask. I don't mind the slight tack; it actually helps with adherence for the rest of my skincare routine. 

The plan is to us this mask pack for 28 consecutive evenings, but anything can happen from now and Day 28. Boredom with a mask pack usually kicks in for me around Days 10 - 14, so I might use that as a check-in point. It'll be interesting to see how these evening masks perform and how they compare to the brand's morning masks. 
Lip Care:
Spoiler
LUSH Unicorn Lip Scrub is a multi-layered scrub (blue on top, pink on bottom, and the mix produces a light layer of purple in between) that smells very sweet and fruity; the scent reminds me slightly of the brand's sugar plum fairy line; It tastes good, too! Thank you @Shosh85 for sending this one my way! ๐Ÿค—To give it a little slip before applying it to my lips, I'll either add a drop of olive oil to the scrub or I'll apply a layer of lip balm to my lips before applying the lip scrub, which is the approach I took this morning with the Farsali Unicorn Antioxidant Lip Mask. The lip mask is alright; it's not a favorite, but one I am very much working on using up soon. ๐Ÿคž
FARSรLI Unicorn Antioxidant Lip Mask 

@itsfi  I'll be interested to hear how feel about the Saborino masks after more consistent use - sounds good so far! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Glad you're enjoying the scrub! I need to go back to LUSH soon - I haven't been there ever since I picked up the gift for you! 

Will do @Shosh85! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ This Saborino daily pack seems to fit in nicely into the routine so far. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ 

Oh goodness! I canโ€™t even remember the last time I was in LUSH; itโ€™s been such a long time. Have you ever used the masks from LUSH?

@itsfi  I've never really tried anything from LUSH except for few soaps and bath bombs. I was planning on trying out more, but then the virus hit and I wasn't really going anywhere (still not ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿป) I could order online, but I like to sniff anything new first before I buy it, since my nose is so picky.
Have you used any of their masks?

@Shosh85, Iโ€™ve tried a couple of their masks. I like the idea of them being fresh but I canโ€™t get through them quickly enough so it doesnโ€™t end up working for me. Yeah, Lush products in general are definitely products you want to smell first. The only thing Iโ€™ve repurchased from them is the Scrubee body butter.

@itsfi How do they come out of the package? Is it like wipes or each individually packaged?

@Samtian, they come out like wipes, except that after removing one the next one behind it doesnโ€™t pop up. 

@itsfi Cool!

The Lush scrub sounds fun @itsfi! I wonder if it is LE, will have to check on that.

@eshoe, I don't think it's LE. It contains jojoba oil which I think you mentioned liking.

I really like the idea behind this mask pack @itsfi , shorter wear time coupled with a sweeter fruity scent.... I'm needing to remind myself that I am not in need of more masks... 

@missjeanie, yes, must shop your stash!! I'm sure you have sheet masks just waiting to be discovered. It's such a nice feeling to have it whittled down to a more manageable number - you will get there! These mask packs will be around in some form, flavor or fashion for you when you and your stash are ready for them.

I'm loving the sound of the sheet mask scent, and fig as an ingredient sounds awesome @itsfi 

I was very surprised by the scent on this one @lmaster! In a good way. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ˜ƒ The menthol scent on the morning version of the mask pack has a sharpness to it that I didnโ€™t care for. This was pleasant - not too strong to put you off. Itโ€™s enough to remind me that itโ€™s self care time, even if just for a few minutes. ๐Ÿ’œ  The brand makes another evening mask pack, with orange and chamomile as key ingredients. May need to give that one a try at some point. ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

1 Reply
testing