Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

***2022 Mask of the Week Challenge***

Open for input and suggestionsπŸ‘‡πŸΌ

Spoiler

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: Animal Print Masks - Lions 🦁, tigers 🐯, pandas 🐼, and bears 🐻, oh my! None other than the lovely @Shosh85 brings us this smile-worthy challengeπŸ˜„

Letter of the Week:  Q

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

@itsfi great choice for E week, happy to see it was a good sheet for you

Thank you @lmaster! πŸ€— I’m finding that my skin is more receptive these days to a more frequent use of an exfoliating wash off + hydrating sheet mask combo. Gotta give my skin what it seems to want. 

@itsfi i don’t think I’ve ever seen an eggplant sheet mask before! Thanks for sharing 

@Kim888, the only eggplant sheet masks I’ve seen are this one from XOY, one from Quret which I’ve tried and thought was just okay and from Skinfood.

E is for Egg Nog and Essence:

D796B3CD-7EC9-4202-B6FD-F9F2C26E0133.jpeg

Spoiler
I have been so excited to try this CrΓ¨me Shop Anti-Aging Egg Nog Mask since I picked it up last December. The drink seems polarizing, and I am team no-thank-you. I don’t mind the scent, but the thought of drinking it hurts my tummy. So with great anticipation I opened the packet, and was welcomed with something reminiscent of concrete mixed with disinfectant🀨 However, for a CS mask, the fit was pretty good; no snipping necessary. I left the little eye flaps down, and wore the Wish Formula Panda Eye Essence underneath. I think I took this from a motm box? Love these soft, drenched eye masks. And look, no artificial flavors!
9B2E649C-BE20-4314-9873-1D64971D3D8D.jpeg

I removed the sheet mask after about 25 minutes, as it began to dry. The eye masks still had plenty of serum, so I left them on a bit longer. My skin looked very hydrated, with almost no remaining tackiness. I wouldn’t use the sheet mask again, but the eye masks are always welcome☺️

@eshoe, those eye masks contain some great ingredients.

Agreed, @itsfi. A 30 day supply of these would be exceptional, though I’ve only seen that with hydrogel eye masks. It needs to be a thing, though-these are so soothing!

@eshoe  Nope, definitely not an Egg Nog fan either, which is why I've never had a desire to try this one.... sounds like I'm not missing much. I agree though, those eye masks are great! Glad they worked out well for you! πŸ˜ƒ

You aren’t missing a thing, @Shosh85 πŸ˜‚ 

There are many masking adventures to be had, and this wasn’t a necessary one. But at least I’ve satisfied my curiosity πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ

Arghhh @eshoe the scent sounds terrible 😟 sorry you had this experience

So glad I have an extra, @lmaster πŸ˜ I bought one for my daughter to try and we are on opposite ends of the scent scale, she might actually enjoy it!

E is for eye mask, and an oldie-but-goodie exfoliating item in the form of a gommage peel

E - eye + FirmX.jpg

Peter Thomas Roth FIRMxβ„’ Exfoliating Peel Gel 3.4 oz/ 100 mL 

Spoiler
Peter Thomas Roth FirmX Peeling Gel has been a staple in my mask collection for almost 3 years now thanks to the lovely @SAlyFitz ~ thank you!! It's a gentle, non-abrasive gommage peel that makes a good choice for a scrub or physical exfoliant for sensitive skin. It leaves my skin soft and smooth, and brightens my complexion.  Every time I use it, I'm reminded that I should incorporate this into my skincare / mask routine more consistently. 

Eye Mask:

Spoiler
Klavuu Personal Care Aurora Pearl Eye Mask (Lifting & Moisture) is described as a "goggle" eye mask and I think that is a very apt description. This hydrogel eye mask is a very pretty shade of blue and has a subtle crosshatch pattern to it. Hydrogel masks can be a bit slippery but this one adheres very well; I wonder if that has to do with the crosshatch pattern. The fit on this one is actually really good, probably perfectly shaped and sized for my features, but I still made some incisions to the corners of the eye holes because the corners literally came right up to my tear ducts, which made me nervous. Hydrogel masks are generally not saturated in essence but I wasn't comfortable having the mask so close to my eyes. 

The eye mask feels cool and refreshing against the skin, and helps with depuffing in the mornings (or anytime really) or before a special occasion/event. I can see this eye mask coming in handy during allergy season as well. Instructions recommend that the mask be kept on for 20-40 minutes before tapping in the excess essence. I left it on for about 30 minutes and after removing the mask, I noticed that my under-eye area looked less puffy, a bit brighter, and felt slightly moisturized. I wouldn't say this is a 'must have' eye mask, but it certainly is one I'd be happy to use again. It's also a mask that would be fun to gift as well as one I'd like to revisit in the spring as I think the depuffing and soothing aspects of the mask would be good for when my allergies are triggered.
Klavuu eye.jpg

@itsfi  Definitely an oldie but goodie! Love that PTR!

The eye mask looks so pretty- glad to hear they're effective too! De-puffing masks are always good to have on hand! πŸ˜ƒ

Yes to depuffing eye masks @Shosh85! They're definitely ones I like to always have in stock. πŸ˜†

Ohhh that eye mask looks and sounds really cool!! @itsfi 

@lmaster, you would like this one; and it would look fabulous on you! β™₯️

That eye mask is so pretty, @itsfi! it reminds me of kelp. 

@eshoe, I was surprised that the sheet mask looked the way it does; it is very pretty. What about it reminds you of kelp? 

The hue and the appearance of a jelly-type, translucent mask remind me of kelp, @itsfi . 

DF39ABBE-001A-47BB-8CD8-78B109B6C7E3.jpeg

It is very welcoming:)

 

@eshoe, ah, I see. I hear β€œkelp” and think potential irritant for my skin. 😬 It’s not an ingredient in the eye mask. The blue from the mask does lend itself to a marine theme.

@itsfi @PTR mask is always so great! That eye mask is really cool looking ! 

1 Reply