Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

E is for eye mask, and an oldie-but-goodie exfoliating item in the form of a gommage peel

E - eye + FirmX.jpg

Peter Thomas Roth FIRMxโ„ข Exfoliating Peel Gel 3.4 oz/ 100 mL 

Spoiler
Peter Thomas Roth FirmX Peeling Gel has been a staple in my mask collection for almost 3 years now thanks to the lovely @SAlyFitz ~ thank you!! It's a gentle, non-abrasive gommage peel that makes a good choice for a scrub or physical exfoliant for sensitive skin. It leaves my skin soft and smooth, and brightens my complexion.  Every time I use it, I'm reminded that I should incorporate this into my skincare / mask routine more consistently. 

Eye Mask:

Spoiler
Klavuu Personal Care Aurora Pearl Eye Mask (Lifting & Moisture) is described as a "goggle" eye mask and I think that is a very apt description. This hydrogel eye mask is a very pretty shade of blue and has a subtle crosshatch pattern to it. Hydrogel masks can be a bit slippery but this one adheres very well; I wonder if that has to do with the crosshatch pattern. The fit on this one is actually really good, probably perfectly shaped and sized for my features, but I still made some incisions to the corners of the eye holes because the corners literally came right up to my tear ducts, which made me nervous. Hydrogel masks are generally not saturated in essence but I wasn't comfortable having the mask so close to my eyes. 

The eye mask feels cool and refreshing against the skin, and helps with depuffing in the mornings (or anytime really) or before a special occasion/event. I can see this eye mask coming in handy during allergy season as well. Instructions recommend that the mask be kept on for 20-40 minutes before tapping in the excess essence. I left it on for about 30 minutes and after removing the mask, I noticed that my under-eye area looked less puffy, a bit brighter, and felt slightly moisturized. I wouldn't say this is a 'must have' eye mask, but it certainly is one I'd be happy to use again. It's also a mask that would be fun to gift as well as one I'd like to revisit in the spring as I think the depuffing and soothing aspects of the mask would be good for when my allergies are triggered.
Klavuu eye.jpg

@itsfi  Definitely an oldie but goodie! Love that PTR!

The eye mask looks so pretty- glad to hear they're effective too! De-puffing masks are always good to have on hand! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Yes to depuffing eye masks @Shosh85! They're definitely ones I like to always have in stock. ๐Ÿ˜†

Ohhh that eye mask looks and sounds really cool!! @itsfi 

@lmaster, you would like this one; and it would look fabulous on you! โ™ฅ๏ธ

That eye mask is so pretty, @itsfi! it reminds me of kelp. 

@eshoe, I was surprised that the sheet mask looked the way it does; it is very pretty. What about it reminds you of kelp? 

The hue and the appearance of a jelly-type, translucent mask remind me of kelp, @itsfi . 

DF39ABBE-001A-47BB-8CD8-78B109B6C7E3.jpeg

It is very welcoming:)

โ€ƒ

@eshoe, ah, I see. I hear โ€œkelpโ€ and think potential irritant for my skin. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ Itโ€™s not an ingredient in the eye mask. The blue from the mask does lend itself to a marine theme.

@itsfi @PTR mask is always so great! That eye mask is really cool looking ! 

I love the PTR FirmX @Kim888. I picked this one up at TJ Maxx last year at a ridiculous price so even better! ๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿค The Klavuu eye mask would make a good accessory to a superhero costume! If I wasnโ€™t so nervous about having it so close to my eyes, it would be a perfect fitting mask. 

E is for everyday masking
Peach Ceramide - Milcera (7 pack).jpg
The key ingredients in the very faint peach-scented Milcera White Peach Face Mask are lactic acid and peach ceramides. The mask claims to firm and moisturize skin. When I started this 7-day pack last week, I was, of course, looking forward to seeing how well the moisturizing claims would hold, but I was also very interested to see whether there would be any noticeable firming effects after using this daily mask pack for a week. Yesterday was Day 7 for daily masking with this mask. 
Spoiler
Material & Essence
The thickness of the material on these cotton fiber masks is what I'd consider to be on par with most standard sheet masks. As with most daily sheet mask packs, the masks hold a decent amount of essence but I wouldn't say they are as heavily saturated or drenched in essence like you would find in single sheet masks. With this Milcera mask pack, though, there is quite a bit of extra essence in the packet that can layered on top of the mask if you choose. I used a peach ceramide mask last year that had a milky serum to it and I had hoped that would be the same here, but that was not the case. While there's a lovely, soft, peach scent to the essence, it's your typical clear, slightly viscous essence that is typical of most sheet masks. It's fine; I just would have preferred a more creamy, milky serum. 

Adherence & Fit
Adherence is fine and the mask can be made to fit the size, shape and features of my face with the usual adjustments to the corners of the eyes, mouth, and length along the chin and jawline. Instructions recommend keeping the mask on for 10-20 minutes and that's a good recommendation. My skin is currently on the dry side and I noticed that around the 20-minute mark, the mask started feeling like it was drying out in the areas where my skin tends to be the driest.

Results
Results-wise, my skin felt more bouncy, supple and slightly more taut in certain areas of my face. It also felt lightly moisturized and hydrated, so this mask's claims seem to be well founded. โค๏ธ My skin was very much on the dry side the week that I put this daily mask pack to the test and it did pretty well. I imagine I would have found it to be even more moisturizing had my skin not been so very dry and am interested in giving this mask pack a try at different times during the year, particularly in the spring. If I've been good, my sheet mask no-buy should end right around the time spring comes so I may just give this mask another go when the warmer weather rolls in. 

@itsfi  A milky serum sounds like it would've been a nice bonus, but I'm glad to hear the results turned great! ๐Ÿ‘

Milky serums in sheet masks are life to dry skin in the winter @Shosh85๐Ÿ’– This one was nicely hydrating and that works too for this dehydrated-combo-leaning-dry gal. ๐Ÿ˜‰ The peachy scent didn't hurt either. ๐Ÿ‘

Definitely adding this one to my need to try, @itsfi. With the peach ceramides and how your skin looked/felt, it sounds lovely!

@eshoe, it's a nice one. I think your skin would like it better in the warmer months; it won't be moisturizing or hydrating enough on its own this time of the year.

@itsfi  Wow. This sounds amazing!!! Glad it worked well for you. Especially during these dry months!!

@ather, I has happy with this one - it has hydrating and moisturizing ingredients in it so it addresses both my dehydrated and dry skin. Oh yes, the first three months of the year are usually the pits for me when it comes to my skin being dry, sometimes December as well - it's easy for my skin to get really dry if I'm not super diligent with my skincare routine and water intake. 

@itsfi these results sound like a dream!! 

@lmaster, it was a nice mask pack; my skin really liked it. Iโ€™d love to see something similar but with a milky or cream essence. I know there are other peach ceramide sheet masks and ones in packs like this; Iโ€™m up for trying them! โ˜บ๏ธ

E is for Eve Lom

IMG_20210125_100431798.jpg

• โ€ƒa generous gift from the sweet as pie @eshoe 
  • Out of all the "luxury" masks I've tried, this one is my favorite
  • I'd say it's a medium, flexible sheet drenched in a milky white, thickish serum
  • Extra in the sleeve
  • Scent was not noticeable to me, I would go with light powder fresh scent
  • Wear time was 25 minutes
  • Results, my skin loved this milky serum, it soaked in nicely. Fabulously moisturized, nicely hydrated and my skin had a nice glow.
  • I did notice once all the serum absorbed, the tackiness did last about 10 minutes. 
  • This would make an excellent morning prep mask
    Spoiler
    IMG_20210125_100440850.jpg

โ€ƒ

1 Reply
testing