Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@itsfi I've totally lusted after the Dr. strum and Dr. roebucks because they both have anti-pollution serums I find interesting but they are so price-y. 

The coola 360 sundrops say they help with blue light and pollution. I actually really liked the product, but found it went bad too quickly and I don't love the dropper as a dispensing tool. 

Completely with you on both Dr. Sturm and Dr. Roebuck's @Kim888! They are definitely pricey! Aurelia and Allies of Skin also have some skincare items that look interesting.

E is for Essential and the Purity Peel 

Spoiler
This was my first time trying out the Philosophy micro delivery peel. I got it in a set with their vitamin c peel which is one of my favorite masks. 
This claims to to detoxify for clean fresh skin. You apply the the 2nd layer on top of the first and it bubbles up and you then leave on for 3 minutes. 
The results were a bit Meh. I think this is an example of trying to do too many things. It didnโ€™t do as good of a job detoxifying as a clay mask and while my skin looked a bit brighter, not as bright as when I use the vitamin c option 

I also used the lala essential sheet mask. This was a very thin mask that definitely could have done with some kind of divider. It was well saturated and basically scentless. The fit was pretty nice 
overall I was happy with the results of this mask. My skin felt slightly cooler, hydrated, and totally non tacky. I would use it again 

1CF9BC16-1B09-49C2-B1F8-236C6BC8E6A5.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@Kim888  I've wondered about that peel - good to know I'm not missing anything. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Glad to hear the sheet mask turned out great!

The sheet mask sounds lovely! @Kim888 

I havenโ€™t heard of that vitamin C peel, @Kim888; I will have to check that one out! Also added the Lala Chu to my to-do;)

@Kim888, I've always wondered about that Philosophy peel. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on it; I can pass on it now. Those are some great results from the sheet mask; white truffle sounds like such a luxe ingredient too!

Another number mask from last week:

Laneige 1 Skin Relief.jpg

Spoiler
All the sheet masks in the Laneige Water Pocket Sheet Mask collection have a diamond pattern to them. These are the "water pockets" for which the mask is named and are geared towards helping the sheet to adhere to the skin, which it does very nicely and comfortably and are supposed to release the clear, runny, watery, light and fresh scented essence slowly. There's a lot of extra essence in this Laneige Water Pocket Sheet Mask - 1 Skin Relief; the essence is thin and drippy, so much so that much of it escaped when I removed the mask from its packet. Fit is similar to most masks, so for me, it was fine with some adjustments to the corners of the eyes, mouth and length at the chin. It's a smidge on the wide side as well but I didn't fuss over it - the strands of hair around my face received some extra hydration the other night. ๐Ÿ˜‰ The mask wore comfortably for the half hour I had it on and my skin looked and felt slightly more hydrated and plump. I used this mask a couple of days after the JiiNJU 5-setp mask that made me breakout and while I didn't notice any change in the little bumps I had on my forehead and nose bridge, I did see that some of the redness on my cheeks had been visibly reduced. 

Overall, this mask is alright; it does what I expect a sheet mask to do (i.e., hydrate) and this one does what it claims to, soothe/calm, though not in a major way. I wouldn't mind using this one again, but it's not one I'd necessarily seek out. Of the masks in this line, my preference is for Nos. 4 Water Bank or No. 5 Water Sleeping Mask, but it appears that preferences won't matter since it seems that these masks have been discontinued. Neither the Sephora site or the Laneige US or International sites have any listing for any of these masks. I did, however, find some on Selfridges and eBay. 

โ€œit appears that preferences won't matter since it seems that these masks have been discontinued.โ€

Story of a maskerโ€™s life, @itsfi๐Ÿ˜ข @lmaster @Shosh85 @Kim888 

@itsfi I remember these!! I think I tried a different version

@lmaster, do you remember the color of the mask packet? I know that there were a lot of us that liked either No. 4 or No. 5 - hydrating, moisturizing ... a dream for those of us with dry skin.

@itsfi I'm thinking it was purple or pink ๐Ÿค”

@itsfi  I really liked this line and had no idea it was discontinued! I guess I'm not too surprised. Glad this one could help reduce some redness! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85 didn't you email them about one of these masks ingredients?? 

@lmaster @itsfi  When these were at Sephora 3 years ago I messaged customer service about the suspicious stickers covering up certain parts of the packaging and I also asked why the ingredients on the packaging didn't match up with the ingredients Sephora had listed for them. I never got an answer about the ingredients, but this was their response about the stickers:

"Sometimes brands will modify the packaging slightly depending on where their items are sold. For additional details,I would recommend contacting Laneige directly! Thank you."

I don't remember if I ever emailed Laneige, but someone else told me (can't remember who) that the packaging needed updating and instead of redesigning/repackaging, they just put stickers over them....but who knows ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿป

Spoiler
5F02799C-0EEE-4D57-998B-F8683518B7C3.jpeg

96C55892-8C50-4F05-B56A-2648B1531D96.jpeg

ED7A95C7-FFAC-4914-8E8F-F0835A3F889F.jpeg

Has it been 3 years since these were in Sephora @Shosh85?!! Wow, where does the time go?

@Shosh85 @itsfi I knew it!!! It was the water pocket mask that I liked, I had a feeling it was this line you contacted ๐Ÿ˜†

@lmaster  Hahaha! Great memory! ๐Ÿ‘

I had also contacted When Beauty about their masks more recently, so I wasn't sure if that's what you were remembering ๐Ÿ˜‰

Maybe we just start saying how much we donโ€™t like a certain mask @Shosh85?? Then itโ€™ll be around forever!! ๐Ÿ˜‚ At first I wondered whether it was going to be repackaged ... because there were questions about the packaging with certain parts being covered by removable stickers. ๐Ÿ˜ณ Then I saw on the brandโ€™s site what appears to be 2 new sheet masks. Hmmm... ๐Ÿง 

ETA: odd if it is being discontinued because this is a fairly new line. This one expires later this year and I have another varietal that expires in early 2022.

@itsfi  Yes, from now on when we love a mask, we should instead say how much we hate it - then maybe it'll stick around longer ... great idea Fi! ๐Ÿ˜†

So weird about the Laneige masks! I really have no idea what's going on with them and haven't got an answer that made sense.

...... but speaking of discontinued- have you noticed Too Cool For School doesn't sell their coconut line anymore? ....Which makes me super sad because the Coconut Ceramide one was my all-time favorite - I even remember picking it up from Sephora a few times. ๐Ÿ˜ขThey have some new ones now, but darn it, I loved that Coconut Ceramide! 

@Shosh85, I love that coconut ceramide mask as well. A favorite. โค๏ธ I have one, maybe two, left with a 2021 expiration date. I will be savoring those 2 uses. 

testing