Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@PrettyPaint, after reading your post, I just haaaad to type in "clay macarons creepy baby face" to see what would pop up. My eyes!! My eyes!!! ๐Ÿคฃ I scrolled through the article on nerdist (dot) com and saw the ice cream cone with the creepy baby face macarons! Ohhhh my. I may never look at macarons or a scoop of ice cream the same again! lol. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ 

@itsfi  haha!  "Creepy Baby Face Mask" is apparently their new name now! ...and no creepy-baby-face-pyramid for me, thank you ๐Ÿ˜‚ I must ask though, where did you type it in?..... I Googled it and some super disturbing pictures came up ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜‚..... also, those are the two I've tried as well. ๐Ÿ˜‰The orange and teal is the "Luminous" one. 

Oh no?!! Disturbing pictures @Shosh85?! That doesnโ€™t sound good. I put it into Google and it showed pics of the mask - the cup and the creepy baby face. It also pulled up articles from beauty based publications and I saw a reference to the writer saying the  lid looks like a creepy baby face with a stick coming out of its mouth. Lol.

Weโ€™re masking twins when it comes to the creepy baby face masks. Hahaha!

@itsfi  All that comes up for me are some super creepy baby face Halloween masks. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Maybe Iโ€™ll hand out creepy baby face masks for Halloween this year @Shosh85!! ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

@itsfi  Haha! ๐Ÿ˜‚ I think you're on to something! Definitely a fun handout at an adult Halloween party! 

For the numbers theme, I went with a tried and true favorite ๐Ÿ˜ Pulled this one from Masks on the Move ๐Ÿ˜‰

90FFAD78-A03F-466B-B070-7A007E105D21.jpeg

Spoiler

Hectic It's Pack Time AM 7:00 Mask

This is a two piece mask that had a plastic coating on the outside and a soft cloth kind of material on the inside - it kinda reminded me of a mud sheet mask. Only the inside was coated with a thick white creamy essence, that looked similar to lotion. It had a light and fresh, lotion-y kinda scent - maybe a slight hint of fruity/floral in there. It was pretty pleasant and not too noticeable while the mask was on. As with most two piece masks, the fit was perfect. It adhered well and was very comfortable to wear. I took it off after about 35 minutes. The serum leftover felt soothing as I messaged it in and it wasn't tacky at all. My face was a little brighter and had a more awake/less dull kinda look. My skin felt soft and smooth, nicely hydrated and had such a nice glow!

I loved this one and will definitely be repurchasing!

Ingredients:

Spoiler
81BA108C-CA9E-48B5-90B3-6C80B9AC98A5.jpeg2981A2F5-4CAC-49CF-8FBD-308CFEC74329.jpeg

@Shosh85  Oh, I keep meaning to try this one! The packaging is so fun. So glad to see the results are nice too.

@PrettyPaint  It really is a fun one and the material is so unique! Would definitely like to try the others! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

This one sounds really good @Shosh85! ๐Ÿ˜ Interesting that it reminds you of a mud sheet mask but your description of the material makes that make sense. I will have to put this one on my list, and maybe use it at 7:00am. ๐Ÿ˜ The names on this line of masks are cute. 

@itsfi This is such a good one! Even though I am awake at 7:00 AM, I'm not sure I'm awake enough to mask.... but I'm sure a cold sheet would wake me up though! ๐Ÿ˜† Have you had the chance to try any of these?

I don't think I've tried any of the ones from this brand/line @Shosh85. I can't remember how many there are - 7:00am and 10:00pm are the only ones that come to mind, but I feel like I've seen a mid-afternoon one. Maybe that's just me though and I feel like there should be one for mid-afternoon masking? ๐Ÿ˜† I saw them a few times at Nordstrom Rack pre-covid but I was actually being good then about my no-buy! ๐Ÿคฃ I know; that is actually possible. ๐Ÿ˜…

@itsfi  What, you actually stuck to your no-buy? That's unheard of! Haha! Good job Fi! 

These are the masks I've seen.... unaware if there's any others. 
81CCF104-5FE1-42B7-A3D3-2AFD71C50C77.jpeg

Ooouh; thanks @Shosh85! Does that top left say โ€œ1:00am?โ€ ๐Ÿ˜ณ Iโ€™m sure itโ€™s marketed for use after a night on the town. For me though that 1:00am mask would be for use when I get up in the wee hours of the morning and canโ€™t get back to sleep. ๐Ÿ˜” There is a mask for every occasion, it seems. ๐Ÿ˜ Seeing these, Iโ€™m not sure Iโ€™ve used any. 

I know! Iโ€™m shocked myself really about the sheet mask no buy. ๐Ÿ˜‚ It even happened pre-covid and lasted months, plural. Crazy! Of course, the more recent months, with the stay at home, the no buy has been a lot easier (broken by my purchase of the JLo mask), which has made possible a sheet mask collection that now fits neatly (as opposed to spilling over) in a bin. โ˜บ๏ธ 

It was a numbers theme earlier this week. 

Avocado - 5 step b.jpgAvocado - 5 step a.jpg

My initial impression after using the JiiNJU 5 Step Travel Kit Vacay Glow earlier in the week was that the cleansing oil (Step 1) was my favorite of the steps (I loved the lightness of the oil and it did a pretty nice job for a first cleanse), followed by the toner (Step 3) and the sheet mask (Step 4), which while overall very large, adhered well and left my skin feeling plump and moisturized. Both the cream cleanser (Step 2) and the moisturizer (Step 5) were thicker than I prefer with the cream cleanser being more challenging to spread and massage over my face without first thinning it out with water.

Unfortunately, my impression of the mask changed the next day when I noticed that I broke out from something in one or possibly all of the products. Ugh. There's another D, for D'oh!!!! Fortunately, the reaction wasnโ€™t as bad as it could have been and for that Iโ€™m grateful. It's better now, almost as it was like before I used the mask. ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks for the fun theme @emaisgr8

Wow, 5 steps! I think that's the most I've seen packaged together in a single mask, @itsfi. It'd be a great idea for a travel kit. That's too bad something didn't agree with your skin though! 

I was surprised and impressed that there was a 5-step pack like this @quspork, with both skincare and a mask. I feel like this is something that would translate well for brands like CosRx, Etude House and Missha -  traditional skincare and sheet masks from those brands tend to be good overall. 

Boo to breakouts, @itsfi!! Too bad, it was such cute packaging 

Yes @haleyvvvv, I agree - boo to breakouts! (Lol; autocorrect wanted to say boo to breakfast!). The packaging is super cute; perhaps a reminder not to judge a book by its cover. I am curious to know what Iโ€™m these items broke me out. Not so curious to try each step again but separately. ๐Ÿ˜† 

@itsfi  This one goes so nicely with the theme. Sorry you had a breakout, though. I feel like I almost picked this one up at some point...but ultimately decided against it. Maybe because I'm really bad at opening up packaging like that. Whenever I am in the shower and have a sample shampoo/conditioner packet, I wind up having to tear it open with my teeth (which I find kinda gross and hate doing). I usually end up with a mouthful of shampoo, too.

I so relate @PrettyPaint to getting a mouthful of shampoo / conditioner when trying to open a foil packet in the shower. Blech! ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ If I remember, I try to reach for my scissors to snip off the corner before jumping in the shower. Doesn't always go according to plan though.

It's too bad this set didn't work out; would have been handy for the next time travel is an option. Just thankful my reaction wasn't too bad and that, for the most part, no more bumps. 

testing