Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

E is for Egg ๐Ÿฅš ๐Ÿณ

41C8AC86-70D0-45B3-934D-BEDD45F3322D.jpeg

Spoiler

Too Cool For School Egg Cream Mask

Material:

Medium thickness cotton

Serum:

Milky

Scent:

Sort of a combo of clean & fresh and floral? It was light and I thought it was pleasant enough

Fit:

Just a bit long at the chin

Wear Time:

Half hour

Tack:

Very light tack and it only stuck around for about 5 minutes

Results:

My face looked a little brighter and felt soft and nicely hydrated.

Repurchase?

Yes, absolutely! Just maybe not at retail price, because I'm too cheap to spend $6 on one mask ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‚

Ingredients:

Spoiler
99FDE5B0-BBB1-477D-90AB-7BA70459C897.jpeg

@Shosh85 I might just be the lone voice of dissent on this one! Too sticky-icky for me ๐Ÿ˜‚ The Egg Mellow Cream Moisturizer is ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ, if you get a chance to try it sometime.

@eshoe  I remember you mentioning that about this one! ๐Ÿ˜‚ Good to know about the moisturizer - will have to give it a try sometime๐Ÿ‘

@Shosh85   These were my first absolute favorite mask!  I love how slimey and effective they are.  Theyโ€™re hard to find this side of the ocean nowadays. Where do you get them over here?  And yeah, agreed $6 is a little steep.  I know theyre only $4 in Japan and Korea so I have a hard time swallowing the markup. 

@heartsmyface  "Slimey and effective" is a perfect description!๐Ÿ‘ŒIt is soo good! The very first time I tried it, I was lucky and found them at TJ Maxx, but that was awhile ago and haven't seen them there since then. I got this one online from the RoseRoseShop (in Korea) and even with their shipping prices, it still came out to be cheaper than retail.

Totally love this one too ๐Ÿ™Œ @Shosh85 

@lmaster  Glad to hear you love it too! Definitely seems to be pretty popular around here! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85 I love the egg cream stuff!

@Samtian this mask is the equivalent to an avocado one for you ๐Ÿ˜ it is sooooo slimy!

@eshoe Ahahahaha.

@Samtian  I can see why! Haven't tried anything else from the line, but would definitely like to! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85 this is one of my faves as well!! Always a repurchase for me 

@Kim888  I can definitely see why it's one of your favorites! It's so good! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

This is such a good mask @Shosh85! I was bummed when Sephora stopped carrying TCFS. ๐Ÿ˜ž For sheet masks, what price range is the most comfortable for you?

@itsfi  Don't get me wrong, I have definitely splurged on some expensive masks, but I think now that my collection is so huge, it's hard for me to spend more than $3 on one. Maybe when/if I get my collection under control I'll feel better about spending a little more. ๐Ÿ˜‰

@Shosh85   $3 sounds about right for solid cotton or tencel sheet masks.  If itโ€™s biocellulose I am happy to spend between $6-10 but Iโ€™d rather buy them in packs of 4-10 to get a deal.  I splurge mostly when travelling cause I can rationalize itโ€™s part of the travel expenses ๐Ÿ™‚ 

@heartsmyface  Yep, I totally agree, it depends on the mask, or maybe even the mood I'm in, lol! I know there are some masks I've loved so much that I'd be willing to pay more for! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I hear ya @Shosh85! It definitely depends on the mask and it makes perfect sense about the size of the sheet mask collection. $3 sounds like a reasonable price. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ When my sheet mask no buy has been permanently lifted, maybe Iโ€™ll keep track of what my spend is on sheet masks. ๐Ÿ“ 

@itsfi   I have solidified my mask buying ban after going through my sheet masks and decluttering 54 expired masks.   It was painful but I feel better now that theyโ€™re gone.  Iโ€™ve got my masks sorted by  expiry now so that should t happen again. 

Oooh, Iโ€™m intrigued @heartsmyface. What are you thinking about for your ban? All year? Months? 

@itsfi  Well right now itโ€™s going to be at least two months before I have room for anything new. I donโ€™t want to have as much as I still have so even then Iโ€™m going to have to keep it down to ten new masks every couple months for a while.  
how about you?  What are your rules? 

21 Replies
testing