Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@heartsmyface, I'm on a sheet mask (or any mask, for that matter) no-buy until the end of March. I went off of it briefly to pick up the JLo sheet mask but am going to refrain from buying (or try to) any sheet mask for the next couple of months. I should hopefully ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผ be closer to where I want to be with my sheet mask count by then. 

IMG_20210125_013201.jpg

DillyDelight mask for D week (and I have another packet for E for Egging next (this?) week). I got this a while ago from Ipsy and it needed to be used. I think I put off using it because the packaging was too cute. This was a really good mask.  It was messy, especially to mix with the included spoon, but it was nicely hydrating, cooling and a creamy gel consistency. B+ for results and A+ for cuteness. 

2 masks for numbers week, I think I've mentioned both before:

24k Gold Glow mask from Kazuo Beauty. The best part about this mask is that the serum is gold speckled. It is mildly brightening but the mask is itchy, ill fitting, and didn't hydrate or soothe. D-/F

I think almost everyone's reviewed the 111 skin rose gold brightening masks recently. I really like these masks. I love a hydrogel, they're brightening and just nicely prep the skin. They're a good special occasion mask IMO. Or you got a couple boxes in subscription boxes and now you've got some to use before they expire. I usually have enough work conference presentations or publicity shoots (cringe) to use them, but the first event like that I've had in a year should be next month, so I have to use a couple in the meantime. So, hello Sunday night start the week off with bright skin. A-.

@haleyvvvv that Dillydelight mask brings the biggest smile to my face ๐Ÿ˜„ @lmaster @Shosh85 Love that packaging!!!

Same!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚ @haleyvvvv @Shosh85 @eshoe it's too cute to use!! 

@haleyvvvv  I have a DillyDelight Egging pack too and the cuteness is definitely the reason for not using it yet! Glad you enjoyed it!

The 111 Skin mask sounds so great! Do you remember what it smells like?

Like, mine expires soon (like in a day or two, lol) so it was finally time. I'm glad I finally did, though, cause the inside is also SO CUTE.

The 111 skin doesn't have much of a scent from what I recall, @Shosh85 

@haleyvvvv omg that packaging is so funny! Glad to hear it was nice and hydrating!

Its so cute and funny, just A+ packaging. Thank you, @Kim888!!

Oh, numbers masks from each end of the rating spectrum @haleyvvvv! Yikes to to that Kazu Beauty mask - an itchy mask does not sound good at all, but that 111 Skin mask sure is a treat! 

An itchy mask is no good, @itsfi!! I didn't even notice that my number masks were both ends ๐Ÿ˜…

Image hydrating bio sheet mask ๐Ÿ˜ my fave for my clients and at home. Especially love to apply to my clients after a microderm for that glow and plump and normalizes and rednesa from tx๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿคฉ

Love a good bio cellulose mask, @Kimberlyfs! Thank you for the new mask suggestion, will be off to researchโ˜บ๏ธ

@Kimberlyfs  Ooh, I've never heard of this one! Definitely love the sound of plump and glowy skin! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Kimberlyfs, I love following up a peel or microdermabrasion with a bio-cellulose sheet mask - T.L.C. for the skin.๐Ÿ˜ This is the first time I've heard of Image; I've jotted the name down so I can look up that mask. It's always fun to hear about a new-to-me brand. 

This is for D

Dr. Jart+ Dermask Water Jet Vital Hydra Solution. I took a photo, but then I realized I could just be lazy and tag it instead. Yay.

I could be wrong, but I feel like a lot of people like this one. I can't make up my mind about it...haha. The fit was not too great for me - It was pretty large, particularly along the nose bridge. I liked the cellulose fiber material (it felt comfy). I am a fan of hyaluronic acid, and it was quite refreshing and slightly hydrating. I think the main turnoff for me was the high alcohol content (it's #4 on the list). When I was trying to determine the scent, it reminded me mostly of hand sanitizer (hence the alcohol). Anyhow, I kind of like it, but I think it would probably be a better summer mask for me.

Dr. Jart+ Dermaskโ„ข Water Jet Vital Hydra Solutionโ„ข Face Mask 

@PrettyPaint  I haven't tried this one yet, but it's good to hear you like it despite the alcohol! I think my favorite from Dr. Jart so far is their Cicapair sheet mask! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85  Oooh, I love cicapair. I don't know if I've tried the Dr. Jart cicapair mask...I think just the color correcting treatment in the jar.

I think this may have been the first Dr. Jart mask I ever tried @PrettyPaint! At the time, I thought it was wonderful and, while it is a good mask, there are other Dr. Jart sheet masks that I like more, like the water replenishment mask for hydration; the ceramidin mask for moisture; and the V7 for brightening. Notice that I didn't list the Dr. Jart creepy baby face rubber mask?! Hahaha! Because ... creepy baby face. Are there hyaluronic acid based sheet masks that you like a lot?

@itsfi  I can't remember...have you actually tried the creepy baby face one? Back in the days of TJ Maxx I remember seeing that one--And as tempting as it was to buy Dr. Jart on sale, I could not bring myself to do it.

H.A. masks I like...I'm sure I am forgetting some or just don't recall it being in the ingredients. Definitely the Mediheal N.M.F. comes to mind. I like the Farmacy one as well. 

@PrettyPaint, I've tried 2 of the creepy baby face masks - the one in the yellow and blue packaging which I think is for hydration and then I think there's one that orange and teal, but I don't recall what the purpose of that one was. So (and I have to tag @Shosh85 about this), I just typed "creepy baby face mask" to do a search and those Dr. Jart masks pop up!!! ๐Ÿคฃ True story.

Another true story . . . a while back I was in a Sephora store and they had the creepy baby face masks on one of the shelves. I don't remember exactly how many, maybe half a dozen? And they assembled them in a pyramid of sorts with all the creepy baby face lid facing outward, so that that is what everyone saw. ๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜ฉ  Let's just say that someone rearranged the display so that the cups were all standing upright with the creepy baby face and the "straw" poking out of the baby's mouth was facing the ceiling, rendering it not visible to passersby. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

Ahhh, Mediheal N.M.F., that is such a great mask! ๐Ÿ’™ The Farmacy one too! 

@itsfi  Oh you are hilarious!! And brave for trying them. I also just googled creepy baby face and there were these disturbing clay macarons and even more scary food-related creepy baby face items. Apparently this is a thing. 

1 Reply
testing