Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Itโ€™s May, Hurray! ๐ŸŒธ We are almost 1/2-way through this yearโ€™s challenge๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

tenor

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’— Post as frequently or infrequently as you would like, with or without following the challenge. We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome. 

This Weekโ€™s Theme: Mask with a Partner! @Alphaboo gives us this weekโ€™s fun challenge: Letโ€™s make an excuse to mask togetherโ˜บ๏ธ

Letter of the Week:  T

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.35.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.34.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, if it's an exfoliating mask (include acid info if known), your overall experience, and whether or not you would repurchase. Don't forget to include a grade (thanks to @ShortErica for the idea) to help others along the way.

Most importantly, have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@lmaster Yes I do. I only skip the essence/serum stage.

Are you using this mask before bed? And waking up oily? @Samtian just curious

@lmaster Yep.

@Samtian I really feel like your skin is dehydrated, do you use any type of hyaluronic acid on a daily basis?

@lmaster Oh my skin is dehydrated lol I definitely know that. I don't drink water. And no I don't, I don't know if I have any of that. 

@Samtian

I think that's why you are having oily issues, my skin in the summer gets extremely dehydrated, I go through phases of drinking water ๐Ÿ˜† can't stay consistent ๐Ÿ˜

@Samtian oh no on the mess! 

@Kim888 Haha it was certainly and adventure.

I love this mask @Samtian๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿฏ I think it may be my favorite mask from The Oozoo brand; or if it doesn't occupy the top spot, it's definitely right up there! I'm sorry it left you with an oily forehead and that some of it found its way into your mouth. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ It's always a plus when you can pop that capsule, but it feels like a lot of effort is required to o that! ๐Ÿ™Œ

@itsfi Too much effort lol.

Playing catch up for a few masks over the last couple of weeks:

PXL_20210120_181944113_2.jpgPXL_20210120_181957980.jpgPXL_20210120_181927563.jpg

1. Dewytree Blooming Ginseng- Loved this one. It has a strong ginseng scent which I love but if you're not a fan of strong scents in general or don't care for ginseng, that's something to watch out for. It left my skin hydrated and feeling nourished. It's a shame I don't see it for sale anywhere besides ebay now (of course), but I would totally buy it again if it wasn't discontinued. 

2. Instree Hyaluronic Acid mask- This one is just ok. I don't love it as much as some other Isntree masks, but it fit alright and did offer hydration so I can't complain too much about it. I would use it again, but won't be running to repurchase. 

3. Beyond Intensive Ampoule Propolis mask- Another good but not great mask. It's a medium thickness cotton sheet with a noticeable woven pattern. The watery serum has a light powdery perfume scent. It added some hydration and a bit of brightness but also has a bit of tack to it after removal. It's not my favorite propolis mask (that honor probably goes to either Papa Recipe or Tosowoong) but it's a good performer. I would use it again if it crossed my path, but I won't purposefully seek it out. 

PXL_20210120_182024408_2.jpgPXL_20210120_182013111.jpgPXL_20210120_182031025.jpg

4. Acure Brightening Under Eye Hydrogels- Unfortunately, these just did not stay put, sliding every which way. They also offered no brightening effect. They may have reduced some puffiness slightly, but that's about it. Wouldn't use again. 

5. Kina Marine Complex mask- This one is pretty interesting with "17 botanical extracts, and a marine complex made with kombu (kelp), algae, and collagen." It was a comfortable fit and I was able to wear it for a while without it drying out. My skin looked nicely hydrated after removal but I think it would require more consistent usage to get the full effect of the various extracts and complexes. I'd use this one again. 

6. TonyMoly Prestige Jeju Snail Mask- Thank you to @itsfi for sending me this one a while back. I will be the first to admit that I'm not usually a fan of TM sheet masks. They just tend to be poor fits and underperformers for me. But this one was actually pretty excellent. The fit was still a bit off for me, but the cotton sheet was comfortable and easily manipulated to make it work. And there was a ton of serum! I feel like I had this mask for quite a long time and it didn't dry out. I felt very moisturized after removing the sheet and my skin felt pretty soft and supple, so I'd definitely use this one again. 

Iโ€™ve found the Beyond masks to be underwhelming too, @quspork. I loved that Dewytree too, what a blah ale itโ€™s been discontinued! Makes me think a good ginseng lip scrub might be good๐Ÿค”

This Beyond was just meh @eshoe but I have really liked the Herb Garden line that they have. Although those can be pretty fragrant so I can understand why they wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea. 

@quspork  Wow great lineup! 

Thanks, @ather!

@quspork  TM is a funny one for me as well. There are some lines that I enjoy and fit decently, but others that are completely off. I've always been surprised at how different some of their masks are.

It was certainly nice to see a good one from the brand, @PrettyPaint 

@quspork I've always liked the kina masks, I found a pack at tj maxx awhile back,, hopefully they can get some at marshalls ๐Ÿ˜Œ

It's always nice when good masks show up at TJs or Marshalls, @lmaster. Who doesn't love a good deal?!

Booooo to discontinued good masks, @quspork!! The Kina one looks interesting and so nice to hear about a good Tony Moly sheet mask!!

I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for a possible restock on the ginseng, @haleyvvvv - ya never know! 

Photos1,724
  • The eye patches I reach for most often.
  • 4DD63543-C124-4765-AED1-6201B2D4B8E9.jpeg
  • I wish my skin loved grapefruit as much as my nose does.
  • Thanks, YesStyle, for marring this packaging with your sticker.
  • 95AA92FC-C259-4A86-9792-D371BF6DE5AE.jpeg
  • EB947FDF-F7F4-4BCA-A209-639327AAE741.jpeg
  • D8DC0C1D-492C-4C5E-9F38-98A3FDDB828F.jpeg
  • papaya.jpg
  • Papayaing.JPG
  • Again with the unfortunate sticker placement.
  • Thank goodness all this info's available at Abib's site, otherwise I'd strain my old lady eyes to death.
  • BubbleMask.jpg
  • Bubble Mask on.jpg
  • Bubbles!.jpg