Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@PrettyPaint  Such a great mask!!!

@ather  Glad you love it too! โค๏ธ

Truly one of the best masks, @PrettyPaint!!

@haleyvvvv  I think I will keep repurchasing this one forever! 

@PrettyPaint love the warming sensation

@lmaster  Me too. It's just perfect for this time of year.

@PrettyPaint  Such a good one! I especially love to use it in the winter! Glad to hear you're loving it too! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿฏ

@Shosh85  So perfect for winter! 

@PrettyPaint @Definitely one of the best masks!!

@Kim888  Totally agree. They better never discontinue it!

Glad to hear this one works well for you, @PrettyPaint! I can definitely see why so many people love it in the winter. 

@quspork  Yep! It's the perfect winter evening mask for me.

I love this mask @PrettyPaint! ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿฏ So good, especially in the colder seasons. The warmth from it feels comforting and I love how soft, smooth and hydrated my skin looks and feels afterwards. ๐Ÿฅฐ I have several DS of this one and itโ€™s been one of the wash off masks that Iโ€™ve been rotating through this month and last month. ๐Ÿ˜

@itsfi  It's definitely a mask that I don't think I could ever get sick of! And so nice for cold winter nights.

IMG_20210118_010116.jpg

REN Evercalm mask - This isn't my favorite calming mask, but its okay. It slightly reduced redness and provided a bit of hydration and softness. For me, despite my dryish skin, it just kinda sits on top, but also sinks in too much and makes my skin a little greasy. I had a DS open, so I finished it off at the beginning of the week when my skin was feeling still a bit in need of tlc. Definitely not a DS that made me buy the full size, unlike my more preferred calming masks (Origins Original Skin and FAB Rescue Mask). 

Mediheal A:Pe Soothing Mask - Can trying a single mask and then buying a 10 pack count toward a sample that made me buy a full size? Thats what I'm going with. This is my favorite sheet mask. I love it. I use it after my weekly peel type treatments or when my skin just needs some more tending to. 

Skin's Boni Yogurt Bonimini Wash Off Mud Pack with Green Tea - I got this in a skincare set, so wasn't seeking it out. It was very dry. Like so dry i couldn't spread it (the expiration date is at the end of the year). I mixed with a but of water and was able spread some on my face. I kept on for a little over 10 min and it was very dry and my face was already too tight. It took a lot of effort to rinse off, but did leave my skin looking clear and my pores looking smaller. The green tea made this mask have an off scent (like a sickly green tea with the mud, it wasn't for me). I don't recommend. 

Midflower Hyaluronic Hydrating Mask - After my mud mask, I needed a super hydrating mask. This fit the bill. This was a great mask, I'm really glad I got it from Ipsy. The fit was large, but didn't bunch very much, and didn't slip because it was bigger. So much serum, I was able to spread all on my upper body. Fragrance is last ingredient, but didn't really have a scent. Definitely tacky, but I mask at end of day, so doesn't bother me. Wore for 30 min. Definitely have hydrated and softer skin after. A

@haleyvvvv  I always have the A:pe masks on hand too. I really enjoy them! Interesting the yogurt one was dry I would have thought it would be more gooey. 

I thought it would be gooey too, @ather!! Maybe I got a bad one? 

@haleyvvvv  Maybe it was. But would it be worth having another bad or dry one again?

Not enough to purchase outright, but if it was in another like mystery pack or grab bag, I would try it, @ather. It was weird, because it wasn't expired... It did definitely reduce redness a bit and reduces pore size a bit, but not better than anything else I like.

Also where do you purchase the medieval mask from?

Pink n Blossam, @SAlyFitz!! They ship to both the USA and Canada

testing