Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Wow!! I wish I could find items like this around me,, even the bigger towns don't offer anything like this! @itsfi 

This is a really nice comparison, @itsfi. It's a shame there was more tingling with the Missha but at least it didn't seem to leave too much in the way of a negative effect. 

Thank you @quspork! ๐Ÿค— The green tea version was the first from that line of masks where I experienced tingling. Maybe my skin was extra sensitive that day? I have a couple different ones left from that line and if I donโ€™t get any tingling from them, I may try out the green tea mask again at a later time. 

@itsfi  That's a lot of Green Tea! ๐Ÿต๐Ÿ˜ณ Everything looks so delicious too! ๐Ÿ˜‹

I would agree that these masks would fall under the category of "good but not great." I feel like out all the them, The Creme Shop one is my favorite, but it's been a long time and honestly I might be a little bias since, like you, it was one of the first Creme Shop masks I tried....and I totally forgot about the alcohol! 
Whole Foods has a good, solid line of masks, but I think foil in general is just not my favorite material.

Do you have an all-time favorite Green Tea mask? 

@Shosh85, I forgot about the alcohol in TCS mask too until I was looking through the ingredients. Alcohol in sheet mask doesn't usually cause issues for me, but I'm incorporating more acids into my routine more frequently so I try to minimize the opportunities to add more things that could potentially dry out my skin. It's dry enough on its own. ๐Ÿ˜‚ I remember doing a comparison of all the TCS green tea sheet masks and this one from the fusion one came out on top so I'm a little bummed that it's no longer being made. 

Ooooh, my favorite green tea mask? Hmmm... ๐Ÿค” Wash-off mask would be Origins Ritual-Teas which they don't make any more because ... because of course, they would have discontinued it; I like it, so it has to be discontinued or headed in that directions. ๐Ÿคฃ I didn't discover it until later, too late apparently, and the next thing I know, poof! Gone.

For sheet masks, I like Tosowoong Pure Green Tea Mask - I like most of the masks from that line and that brand in general is one I really enjoy for skincare. I also like that it's $2 regular price. ๐Ÿ˜‰ AmorePacific has a lovely sheet mask too, but that one is $25 and while I like my face, I don't know if I like it enough to use a $25 mask on it regularly. That's just me though. ๐Ÿ˜„ Besides, green tea extract in that particular AP mask is near the bottom of the inci list and I would splurge on the AmorePacific essence before the sheet mask. I plan on giving the A'Pieu green tea daily sheet mask pack a try later in the year. 

@itsfi  Tosowoong makes some nice masks and I think there's only been one so far that I haven't really liked. 
I had no idea AP had a Green Tea sheet mask, but that's probably because I'm cheap and try to ignore the brand. ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜†

I had never seen that Origins mask, but I bet I woulda loved it - and OF COURSE it's discontinued, OF COURSE  it is! โ˜น๏ธ

@Shosh85, I have one sample packet left of that Origins mask and I'm holding onto it, though I may only be able to do that for one more year. My hope is to get my masks stash (wash off and sheet masks) to where I want it sometime this year, then I'll pick up some masks similar to the Origins one and do some testing to see which is the most similar to the Origins. 

Are those Mochi in the bottom right, @itsfi? My family broke the sugar fast with green tea Mochi - they are too irresistible ๐Ÿ’š Now to go back and read your reviews ๐Ÿ˜‰

@eshoe, the two photos on the left have mochi in them - the top left, with the Missha sheet mask is green tea mochi (filled with a green tea paste) and the bottom left, with the Sephora Collection Clean matcha tea sheet mask is mochi green tea ice cream. Lots of green tea last week. ๐Ÿต Sorry to hear the fast was broken. I find it can be harder to do the second time around. Going out with green tea mochi isnโ€™t a bad way to go. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Was it mochi ice cream or regular mochi?

Mochi ice cream, @itsfi - I had no idea Mochi  could be anything else๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ 

The Missha sounds most promising to me, adding it to my to-do list. Looking to add more jojoba into my routine, thank you for the detailed side-by-side comparison!

@itsfi  Loving all your pictures super calm feeling! Note to self I need to drink more green tea!!! I was disappointed when you said the creme shop mask was discontinued. I generally enjoy them and I would have seemed it out. Iโ€™ll keep my eyes open for it when Iโ€™m in the city!

Thank you @ather! ๐Ÿค— I need to up my green tea intake too, so your note to self is a note to myself too ๐Ÿ˜‚ I used to drink green tea all the time. Need to make that a habit again! ๐Ÿต 

Playing catch up for a few masks over the last couple of weeks:

PXL_20210120_181944113_2.jpgPXL_20210120_181957980.jpgPXL_20210120_181927563.jpg

1. Dewytree Blooming Ginseng- Loved this one. It has a strong ginseng scent which I love but if you're not a fan of strong scents in general or don't care for ginseng, that's something to watch out for. It left my skin hydrated and feeling nourished. It's a shame I don't see it for sale anywhere besides ebay now (of course), but I would totally buy it again if it wasn't discontinued. 

2. Instree Hyaluronic Acid mask- This one is just ok. I don't love it as much as some other Isntree masks, but it fit alright and did offer hydration so I can't complain too much about it. I would use it again, but won't be running to repurchase. 

3. Beyond Intensive Ampoule Propolis mask- Another good but not great mask. It's a medium thickness cotton sheet with a noticeable woven pattern. The watery serum has a light powdery perfume scent. It added some hydration and a bit of brightness but also has a bit of tack to it after removal. It's not my favorite propolis mask (that honor probably goes to either Papa Recipe or Tosowoong) but it's a good performer. I would use it again if it crossed my path, but I won't purposefully seek it out. 

PXL_20210120_182024408_2.jpgPXL_20210120_182013111.jpgPXL_20210120_182031025.jpg

4. Acure Brightening Under Eye Hydrogels- Unfortunately, these just did not stay put, sliding every which way. They also offered no brightening effect. They may have reduced some puffiness slightly, but that's about it. Wouldn't use again. 

5. Kina Marine Complex mask- This one is pretty interesting with "17 botanical extracts, and a marine complex made with kombu (kelp), algae, and collagen." It was a comfortable fit and I was able to wear it for a while without it drying out. My skin looked nicely hydrated after removal but I think it would require more consistent usage to get the full effect of the various extracts and complexes. I'd use this one again. 

6. TonyMoly Prestige Jeju Snail Mask- Thank you to @itsfi for sending me this one a while back. I will be the first to admit that I'm not usually a fan of TM sheet masks. They just tend to be poor fits and underperformers for me. But this one was actually pretty excellent. The fit was still a bit off for me, but the cotton sheet was comfortable and easily manipulated to make it work. And there was a ton of serum! I feel like I had this mask for quite a long time and it didn't dry out. I felt very moisturized after removing the sheet and my skin felt pretty soft and supple, so I'd definitely use this one again. 

Iโ€™ve found the Beyond masks to be underwhelming too, @quspork. I loved that Dewytree too, what a blah ale itโ€™s been discontinued! Makes me think a good ginseng lip scrub might be good๐Ÿค”

This Beyond was just meh @eshoe but I have really liked the Herb Garden line that they have. Although those can be pretty fragrant so I can understand why they wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea. 

@quspork  Wow great lineup! 

Thanks, @ather!

@quspork  TM is a funny one for me as well. There are some lines that I enjoy and fit decently, but others that are completely off. I've always been surprised at how different some of their masks are.

It was certainly nice to see a good one from the brand, @PrettyPaint 

@quspork I've always liked the kina masks, I found a pack at tj maxx awhile back,, hopefully they can get some at marshalls ๐Ÿ˜Œ

It's always nice when good masks show up at TJs or Marshalls, @lmaster. Who doesn't love a good deal?!

testing