Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

If you haven’t joined in yet, better late than never!

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar that give your skin the perfect AM glow! Another nod to @keana1 for this week’s challengeπŸ™ŒπŸΌ

Letter of the Week:  M

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

@itsfi The TM was a very pleasant surprise. Thanks again for sending it my way! 

Going with the number theme and using my favorite mask from the Etude House 0.2 Therapy Air line. 🐌

3F0C1576-51DA-4FB9-A22E-A5B92BDFDE60.jpeg

Spoiler

Etude House 0.2 Therapy Air Snail Mask

This is a thin-medium cotton sheet mask that was fully saturated with white, milky serum - which surprised me a little because I've ever used a snail mask with that kind of serum. It had a light, clean & fresh scent that was barely noticeable while the mask was on. The fit was a little wonky - a tiny bit too long at the chin/jawline, slightly too wide at the temples, and the eye holes were way too big. Despite having to smoosh and tweak things a little, it adhered very well and was comfortable to wear. I had it on for about a half hour. There wasn't any tackiness after removing and my face felt moisturized and plump, and my skin felt soft & smooth and had a nice dewy glow.

I really enjoy this one and will probably always try to have them on hand!

Ingredients:

Spoiler
25DEAF67-2BBC-4C32-9EA9-B832DA1CBB8D.jpeg

@Shosh85  Oooo I love a good snail mask!! Too bad it fit wonky tho. 

@ather  Yep, me too! Snail is probably one of my most favorite ingredients in skincare and this mask does not disappoint! It's always nice when a mask fits well, but a bad fit is never a deal breaker for me, since there's always something you can do to fix/tweak it. πŸ˜ƒ

@Shosh85 stellar results here!!

@lmaster  Definitely stellar! Love that snail slime! πŸŒπŸ˜ƒ

You don’t even know how big of a grin I had when I saw this snail mask photo @Shosh85. 🐌 🐌 🐌 Well, then again, I think maybe you would know! πŸ˜† Yes about the wonky fit. But it’s such a good mask - soft, thin mask with gastropod goo-rific results! 🀣 Love it! β™₯️

@itsfi  Haha! "Gastropodic goo-rific" is a perfect description!  πŸ˜†πŸ˜‚πŸŒ

What do you think our chances are of getting it into the dictionary @Shosh85? πŸ˜† I mean, we’d have to use it in everyday talk a lot ...

@itsfi  Well, "twerk" made it into the dictionary, so why not? 😜 

Hahaha! Excellent point @Shosh85! πŸ˜ƒ 

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

I'm new-ish to the mask scene but I'd like to kinda play the challenge! I don't have many masks and usually just use Youth to the People Superfood Mask or Elemis Super Food! But I have some new ones to try! Can I still join in? Thanks! ~ Jen β™‘

@BaseballJen So excited to have you join!!! 

E9EA0768-1E7F-40BD-864A-B81F5D3386BB.jpeg

Always, always-the more the merrier!!!

@BaseballJen absolutely!! ❀️

@BaseballJen  Of course you can join in! The more the merrier! Also, don't worry if you're not on theme - we like to hear about any and all masks! The theme is just something we do for fun - and especially for someone who has an overload of masks, (like me) having a theme helps me to narrow down my choices a bit πŸ˜‰

I haven't tried the Elemis mask yet, but I have tried the YTTP Superfood and I love it! It's now a bedtime staple for me! Glad you're enjoying them both! πŸ˜ƒ

@BaseballJen, I 100% agree with @Shosh85! Join us!!! Please don’t let the weekly theme stop you from sharing about the masks you’re using. We love masking and hearing and learning about masks. πŸ˜ƒLooking forward to hearing about your masking experiences! 

Green tea was my ingredient focus last week. As I'm working my way through my current library of masks, there's been weeks where I'll focus my attention on a particular ingredient. That ingredient focus also allowed me to get in the letter of the week and with one masking sesh, both challenge themes. To catch up on posts, I'll try to upload reviews for last week and this week's masks throughout the week. For the overall green tea theme, the C is for catechins, natural antioxidants found in green tea that has been said to help prevent cell damage and reduce inflammation in the skin.

Green tea ... mmmm...Green tea ... mmmm...

In addition to a C for catechin, the Blithe mask gets us a C for concentrated and is a mask that I sampled and then immediately picked up a full size . . . of all three flavors in the line, including this green tea version.
Green tea - Blithe + Innisfree.jpg

Spoiler
Splash Mask:
Spoiler
Splash masks are great for when you're in a hurry, lazy or just don't want to fuss over a mask and skincare. Blithe Patting Splash Mask (Soothing and Healing Green Tea) was the first splash mask I tried, a few years ago, and it's one I continue to use. There are 3 different varietals in the Blithe line of splash masks - this green tea version; another citrus honey version for brightening in a yellow-orange bottle and a berry anti-aging version in a purple bottle. Early on when it curated Kbeauty products, Glow Recipe included these foils as a gwp and they came in handy when traveling.

Since splash masks contain a concentrated amount of actives, it is crucial that you heavily dilute it with ample water before applying, or "splashing" the mask onto your face. There are a few way to apply the product. I tend to use this in the shower - the bottles are made of plastic so it's not likely to shatter if I drop it in the shower or bang it against the wall, or do any number of clumsy things to it. I pour a little of the product into cupped hands and as I run my face under the showerhead (with running lukewarm water), I splash the "mask" and water onto my face for about 20 seconds, patting and pressing all over. I can't stress how important it is to heavily dilute the product with water (and to make sure to wear sunscreen after using this product; well, I would promote SPF all the time, but most definitely after using this product, it's a must). Another way to apply is to fill a water or clean sink with lukewarm water and add a capful of the product into the water, mix it and then splash your face with the blend of product and water for 15-20 seconds, which has been noted to be about 3 or 4 splashes and then press dry your skin. Result-wise, my skin looks and feels soft, smooth and hydrated and I can move right into the moisturizer and SPF steps of my skincare routine. Again, SPF is a must.

If I didn't already have a full size of this splash mask (along with full sizes of the other two flavors), I would pick up a bottle. They're great for multi-tasking when you're short on time...or just when you feel like multi-tasking! πŸ˜‰

Ingredients:
from ohlolly (dot) com:
Water, Lactic Acid, Vaccinium Myrtillus Fruit Extract, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugarcane) Extract, PPG-26-Buteth-26, 1,2-Hexanediol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium Lactate, Panthenol, Propylene Glycol, Dextrin, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Butylene Glycol, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Flower Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Gardenia Florida Fruit Extract, Acer Saccharum (Sugar Maple) Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract(1000ppm), Gaultheria Procumbens (Wintergreen) Leaf Extract
Sheet Mask:
Spoiler
Innisfree My Real Squeeze Mask EX (Green Tea) is a soft, 100% cellulose fiber mask drenched (but not dripping) in a lightly scented watery essence that feels cooling and calming against the skin. Adherence is good and fit is like most sheet masks, meaning that it can be adjusted to size and shape of the face. It does a good job of hydrating the skin, making it feel refreshed and leaving a healthy, fresh-faced glow to the complexion. I find that the masks in the My Real Squeeze line make for good daily sheet masks; this green tea one is one of the varietals I especially like because it's alcohol-free!

Ingredients:
(from innisfree (dot) com)
inci - innisfree green tea.PNG
innisfree Green Tea Hydrating Lip Sleeping Mask 0.59 oz/ 17 g 

@itsfi  Loving the green tea theme!!it’s funny I was reading the lip mask amd I thought it said green tea steaming mask. Totally read that wrong. I was super interested in how a lip steam mask would work. Maybe I’m on to something and should invent one!

@ather, you should definitely invent a "green tea steaming mask"! It sounds fabulous and I would buy them!!

@itsfi  I will work on it and if I come up with anything I will send you my prototype!

@ather *squee!!! This will be me trying to wait patiently ... 

DA2EECD4-93FA-4722-BD60-915F1D9F1AD0.gif

 

9 Replies