Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

If you haven’t joined in yet, better late than never!

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: Fruits & Veggies Week  - the lovely @keana1 brings us this deliciously nutritious, good for your skin challenge! πŸ“πŸ‘πŸŒπŸ₯‘πŸ₯¦πŸ†πŸŒ±

Letter of the Week:  L

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

@Shosh85  So perfect for winter! 

@PrettyPaint @Definitely one of the best masks!!

@Kim888  Totally agree. They better never discontinue it!

Glad to hear this one works well for you, @PrettyPaint! I can definitely see why so many people love it in the winter. 

@quspork  Yep! It's the perfect winter evening mask for me.

I love this mask @PrettyPaint! πŸ’›πŸ― So good, especially in the colder seasons. The warmth from it feels comforting and I love how soft, smooth and hydrated my skin looks and feels afterwards. πŸ₯° I have several DS of this one and it’s been one of the wash off masks that I’ve been rotating through this month and last month. 😍

@itsfi  It's definitely a mask that I don't think I could ever get sick of! And so nice for cold winter nights.

IMG_20210118_010116.jpg

REN Evercalm mask - This isn't my favorite calming mask, but its okay. It slightly reduced redness and provided a bit of hydration and softness. For me, despite my dryish skin, it just kinda sits on top, but also sinks in too much and makes my skin a little greasy. I had a DS open, so I finished it off at the beginning of the week when my skin was feeling still a bit in need of tlc. Definitely not a DS that made me buy the full size, unlike my more preferred calming masks (Origins Original Skin and FAB Rescue Mask). 

Mediheal A:Pe Soothing Mask - Can trying a single mask and then buying a 10 pack count toward a sample that made me buy a full size? Thats what I'm going with. This is my favorite sheet mask. I love it. I use it after my weekly peel type treatments or when my skin just needs some more tending to. 

Skin's Boni Yogurt Bonimini Wash Off Mud Pack with Green Tea - I got this in a skincare set, so wasn't seeking it out. It was very dry. Like so dry i couldn't spread it (the expiration date is at the end of the year). I mixed with a but of water and was able spread some on my face. I kept on for a little over 10 min and it was very dry and my face was already too tight. It took a lot of effort to rinse off, but did leave my skin looking clear and my pores looking smaller. The green tea made this mask have an off scent (like a sickly green tea with the mud, it wasn't for me). I don't recommend. 

Midflower Hyaluronic Hydrating Mask - After my mud mask, I needed a super hydrating mask. This fit the bill. This was a great mask, I'm really glad I got it from Ipsy. The fit was large, but didn't bunch very much, and didn't slip because it was bigger. So much serum, I was able to spread all on my upper body. Fragrance is last ingredient, but didn't really have a scent. Definitely tacky, but I mask at end of day, so doesn't bother me. Wore for 30 min. Definitely have hydrated and softer skin after. A

@haleyvvvv  I always have the A:pe masks on hand too. I really enjoy them! Interesting the yogurt one was dry I would have thought it would be more gooey. 

I thought it would be gooey too, @ather!! Maybe I got a bad one? 

@haleyvvvv  Maybe it was. But would it be worth having another bad or dry one again?

Not enough to purchase outright, but if it was in another like mystery pack or grab bag, I would try it, @ather. It was weird, because it wasn't expired... It did definitely reduce redness a bit and reduces pore size a bit, but not better than anything else I like.

Also where do you purchase the medieval mask from?

Pink n Blossam, @SAlyFitz!! They ship to both the USA and Canada

which origins mask is your go to rose or willow herb? I can understand the sitting on top or soaking in from evercalm and I’m interested in expanding my go to calming masks I keep on hand all the time I love the origins hemp! I’m gonna check out your fab recommendation too bc their cleanser is a steady I can always use/won’t bother me product

@SAlyFitz I really like the Origins Original Skinβ„’ Retexturizing Mask with Rose Clay 2.5 oz/ 75 mL for reducing redness and helping with any acne. Because it's a bit exfoliating, I wouldn't use or recommend for any sort of disrupted skin barrier or skin in need of recuperation, for that I use the First Aid Beauty FAB Pharma Arnica Relief & Rescue Mask 3.4 oz/ 96.4 g . 

@haleyvvvv awww man! The yogurt mask looked so cool too, bummer

@lmaster, right!! It was so disappointing 😞 

@haleyvvvv  Mediheal makes some great masks! After all the great reviews I've read about this A:PE mask, I think it's definitely time for me to finally try it! Glad to hear you love it! πŸ˜ƒ

@Shosh85 they really make some excellent masks. I'm excited to try out some of their other ones I have in my stash. But so many masks, so little time.

Love that Mediheal mask, @haleyvvvv! And yes- I absolutely think bulk purchasing after trying one sheet totally counts haha. 

1 Reply