Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Hahaha! Excellent point @Shosh85! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ 

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

I'm new-ish to the mask scene but I'd like to kinda play the challenge! I don't have many masks and usually just use Youth to the People Superfood Mask or Elemis Super Food! But I have some new ones to try! Can I still join in? Thanks! ~ Jen โ™ก

@BaseballJen So excited to have you join!!! 

E9EA0768-1E7F-40BD-864A-B81F5D3386BB.jpeg

Always, always-the more the merrier!!!

@BaseballJen absolutely!! โค๏ธ

@BaseballJen  Of course you can join in! The more the merrier! Also, don't worry if you're not on theme - we like to hear about any and all masks! The theme is just something we do for fun - and especially for someone who has an overload of masks, (like me) having a theme helps me to narrow down my choices a bit ๐Ÿ˜‰

I haven't tried the Elemis mask yet, but I have tried the YTTP Superfood and I love it! It's now a bedtime staple for me! Glad you're enjoying them both! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@BaseballJen, I 100% agree with @Shosh85! Join us!!! Please donโ€™t let the weekly theme stop you from sharing about the masks youโ€™re using. We love masking and hearing and learning about masks. ๐Ÿ˜ƒLooking forward to hearing about your masking experiences! 

Green tea was my ingredient focus last week. As I'm working my way through my current library of masks, there's been weeks where I'll focus my attention on a particular ingredient. That ingredient focus also allowed me to get in the letter of the week and with one masking sesh, both challenge themes. To catch up on posts, I'll try to upload reviews for last week and this week's masks throughout the week. For the overall green tea theme, the C is for catechins, natural antioxidants found in green tea that has been said to help prevent cell damage and reduce inflammation in the skin.

Green tea ... mmmm...Green tea ... mmmm...

In addition to a C for catechin, the Blithe mask gets us a C for concentrated and is a mask that I sampled and then immediately picked up a full size . . . of all three flavors in the line, including this green tea version.
Green tea - Blithe + Innisfree.jpg

Spoiler
Splash Mask:
Spoiler
Splash masks are great for when you're in a hurry, lazy or just don't want to fuss over a mask and skincare. Blithe Patting Splash Mask (Soothing and Healing Green Tea) was the first splash mask I tried, a few years ago, and it's one I continue to use. There are 3 different varietals in the Blithe line of splash masks - this green tea version; another citrus honey version for brightening in a yellow-orange bottle and a berry anti-aging version in a purple bottle. Early on when it curated Kbeauty products, Glow Recipe included these foils as a gwp and they came in handy when traveling.

Since splash masks contain a concentrated amount of actives, it is crucial that you heavily dilute it with ample water before applying, or "splashing" the mask onto your face. There are a few way to apply the product. I tend to use this in the shower - the bottles are made of plastic so it's not likely to shatter if I drop it in the shower or bang it against the wall, or do any number of clumsy things to it. I pour a little of the product into cupped hands and as I run my face under the showerhead (with running lukewarm water), I splash the "mask" and water onto my face for about 20 seconds, patting and pressing all over. I can't stress how important it is to heavily dilute the product with water (and to make sure to wear sunscreen after using this product; well, I would promote SPF all the time, but most definitely after using this product, it's a must). Another way to apply is to fill a water or clean sink with lukewarm water and add a capful of the product into the water, mix it and then splash your face with the blend of product and water for 15-20 seconds, which has been noted to be about 3 or 4 splashes and then press dry your skin. Result-wise, my skin looks and feels soft, smooth and hydrated and I can move right into the moisturizer and SPF steps of my skincare routine. Again, SPF is a must.

If I didn't already have a full size of this splash mask (along with full sizes of the other two flavors), I would pick up a bottle. They're great for multi-tasking when you're short on time...or just when you feel like multi-tasking! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Ingredients:
from ohlolly (dot) com:
Water, Lactic Acid, Vaccinium Myrtillus Fruit Extract, Saccharum Of๏ฌcinarum (Sugarcane) Extract, PPG-26-Buteth-26, 1,2-Hexanediol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium Lactate, Panthenol, Propylene Glycol, Dextrin, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Butylene Glycol, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Carthamus Tinctorius (Saf๏ฌ‚ower) Flower Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Gardenia Florida Fruit Extract, Acer Saccharum (Sugar Maple) Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract(1000ppm), Gaultheria Procumbens (Wintergreen) Leaf Extract
Sheet Mask:
Spoiler
Innisfree My Real Squeeze Mask EX (Green Tea) is a soft, 100% cellulose fiber mask drenched (but not dripping) in a lightly scented watery essence that feels cooling and calming against the skin. Adherence is good and fit is like most sheet masks, meaning that it can be adjusted to size and shape of the face. It does a good job of hydrating the skin, making it feel refreshed and leaving a healthy, fresh-faced glow to the complexion. I find that the masks in the My Real Squeeze line make for good daily sheet masks; this green tea one is one of the varietals I especially like because it's alcohol-free!

Ingredients:
(from innisfree (dot) com)
inci - innisfree green tea.PNG
innisfree Green Tea Hydrating Lip Sleeping Mask 0.59 oz/ 17 g 

@itsfi  Loving the green tea theme!!itโ€™s funny I was reading the lip mask amd I thought it said green tea steaming mask. Totally read that wrong. I was super interested in how a lip steam mask would work. Maybe Iโ€™m on to something and should invent one!

@ather, you should definitely invent a "green tea steaming mask"! It sounds fabulous and I would buy them!!

@itsfi  I will work on it and if I come up with anything I will send you my prototype!

@ather *squee!!! This will be me trying to wait patiently ... 

DA2EECD4-93FA-4722-BD60-915F1D9F1AD0.gif

โ€ƒ

Omg I had never heard of a splash mask, @itsfi!! I now need to immediately try. Thank you for the info. Your themed posts always have such lovely photos.

Thank you @haleyvvvv! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Splash masks have come in handy for me. I was skeptical at first but they really do work. Boscia and Skinfood also have splash masks within their brands. 

@itsfi very informative!! Great reviews

Thank you @lmaster! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Iโ€™m trying to be more brief but still be able to get in as much info so itโ€™s helpful. Itโ€™s a balance it seems. I guess Iโ€™m just wordy. ๐Ÿ˜† Iโ€™ll just have to keep masking and working on that. Hahaha!

@itsfi  I love your word-iness! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Awww!! ๐Ÿฅฐ Thank you @Shosh85! ๐Ÿค— I try but the words keep coming out. Hahaha! 

@itsfi  So much Green Tea, I love it!

I agree, this line of Innisfree makes great daily/filler masks! If it weren't for the alcohol in so many of their masks, I probably would've tried them all by now! I was especially sad to see that the Honey one had alcohol ๐Ÿ˜ข I've only tried 5 from this line, (the non-EX versions) and so far my favorite is the Aรงaรญ Berry. Which one has been your favorite so far?

@Shosh85, yeah, so much green tea. ๐Ÿต And honey, ginseng, and snail masks as well. And ceramides, rose, etc. So many masks in general really. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ Canโ€™t complain; I do enjoy my masks and most have been good to my skin. Iโ€™m whittling them down though! ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ 

I think Iโ€™ve tried 8 or 9 from this line, including the honey version which I really like. The alcohol in it doesnโ€™t irritate or dry out my skin but it does keep me from daily masking with just that mask. Hmmm... favorite so far? ๐Ÿค” I like the oatmeal and acai ones a lot. โ™ฅ๏ธ I also like the bamboo mask from this line, very refreshing, a nice one in the summer.

@itsfi  Oh, I don't think I knew there was an Oatmeal one! I liked the results from the honey one, but didn't like that I could smell the alcohol - I wish that was one of the masks they left it out 

@Shosh85, I think the oatmeal mask may be a somewhat recent addition to the My Squeeze range. Iโ€™m pretty sure I picked it up at an Innisfree store pre-covid, and the sales associate has said is was a newer one to that collection. From the masks I have, I think all the varietals that fall under the โ€œessenceโ€ serum category in this line contain alcohol. The two other types of serums - cream and watery - do not appear to include straight up alcohol in their respective ingredients lists. At least of the masks I have that seems to be the case. 

18 Replies
testing