Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@itsfi  I would love if Consonant was more available here, because this mask was wonderful! Glad you could grab the serum - definitely an awesome find! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ™Œ

From last week, B is for Bombee which might also work for a band name@PrettyPaint!

Bombee.jpg

Sheet Mask:

Spoiler
Material, Essence, Adherence,  Fit:
The very light purple-hued, slightly viscous, sweetened honey scented essence subtly drips off the soft, thin Hanji material of the Papa Recipe Bombee Pore Ampoule Honey Mask Pack. Hanji is Korean traditional handmade paper, made from the inner bark of mulberry trees and is pH neutral. This material is wonderful. Though the mask is saturated in the essence, it doesn't feel heavy, not when removed from the packet and not when worn. On the contrary, it feels soft, adheres beautifully, and wears comfortable against the skin. Fit is very good for my face size and shape - like most sheet masks, it is too wide at the temples and I do need to make adjustments to the outer corner of the mouth hole and the inner corner of the eyes. The length at the forehead and chin/jawline are very nice. 

Claims, Performance & Results:
20-30 minutes of wear time is recommended, and while I went with my standard 30, I'm fairly certain I could have easily tacked on an additional 15-20 minutes without concern for the mask drying out. This particular varietal in the Papa Recipe Bombee Honey line claims to exfoliate and moisturize the skin and I'd say it does a pretty good job of meeting those claims. There's also mention of sebum control but I can't speak to that particular claim as the oiliest parts of my face were in better shape than usual the day I used this Papa Recipe mask (of course, that would be the case when I have a mask aimed at helping with oil production!) My skin felt (and looked) smooth, refreshed, nourished, soft and bouncy, and my complexion had a healthy, fresh-faced glow to it. It's been about an hour since my skin has fully absorbed the essence and my skin doesn't feel dry in the least bit; rather, it feels both hydrated and lightly moisturized. Another keeper from the Papa Recipe Bombee Honey range. ๐Ÿ’œ 

Ingredients:
Spoiler
(from yesstyle (dot) com)
Water Butylene Glycol Dipropylene Glycol Methylpropanediol Honey Extract Propolis Extract Royal Jelly Extract Perilla Frutescens Leaf Extract Lactobionic Acid Perilla Ocymoides Seed Extract Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract Portulaca Oleracea Extract Houttuynia Cordata Extract Allantoin Sodium Hyaluronate Sodium hyaluronate Crosspolymer Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid Hydrolyzed Sodium Hyaluronate Hyaluronic Acid Glycerin Arginine Carbomer Trehalose Hydroxyethylcellulose Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate Disodium EDTA Polyglyceryl-10 Laurate Polyglyceryl-10 Myristate Hydrolyzed Gardenia Florida Extract Maltodextrin Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Flower Extract Ulmus Davidiana Root Extract Pinus palustris leaf Extract Pueraria Lobata Root Extract Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract Schizandra Chinensis Fruit Extract Coptis Japonica Root Extract Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract Acorus Calamus Root Extract Perilla Ocymoides Leaf Extract Caprylyl Glycol Pentylene Glycol Ethylhexylglycerin 1,2-Hexanediol Fragrance

Lip Balm

Spoiler
Frudia Blueberry Hydrating Honey Lip Balm ๐Ÿซ๐Ÿฏ isn't just all about the packaging, cute though it may be. The balm itself feels moisturizing on the lips, is emollient without being greasy or heavy, and it smells wonderful ~ I pick up sweet blueberry and honey. ๐Ÿซ๐Ÿฏ The balm claims to have some exfoliating properties as well but I haven't really noticed (or paid attention to) those claims; will look into that more. I saw that Frudia also makes a blueberry honey sleeping mask, so needless to say that's on my list now as well. ๐Ÿ˜‚

@itsfi Ooh that lip mask!!!

@Samtian, the packaging on the lip balm is really fun! Love that the balm itself is a nice and moisturizing, too! ๐Ÿซ๐Ÿฏ Thereโ€™s a pomegranate honey version too. Iโ€™m *trying* not to pick up too many lip balms so I may pass on the other version for the time being. 

@itsfi Haha I know how that is! I have a lot I need to go through first.

lol @Samtian! From now until Easter, I'm planning on working my way through my collection of candles as well as my partially used hand cream, scrubs, body butters/lotion and shower gels. I've already pulled out new, unopen, unexpired items that I will donate or gift. I was able to get my skincare products to a manageable amount (well, we're not counting deluxe samples or travel / mini sizes - lol!), so we're moving on to bath and body products. ๐Ÿ˜†

@itsfi I hope you post them in the pan it group!

Iโ€™ll try to remember @Samtian to do that. Itโ€™s sometimes a feat to remember to keep them for the empties thread. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Maybe Iโ€™ll rethink my set up of them to make it easier. ๐Ÿค” 

@itsfi The Frudia lip balm sounds yummy! The company definitely has the best esthetics for their products! ๐Ÿ˜ I saw that Frudia sleeping mask a while ago and have been so tempted to buy it ever since! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Completely agree @Shosh85! Frudiaโ€™s  design team / marketing department deserve a raise! ๐Ÿ˜Š The packaging and illustration on their products are definitely cute; the products too, at least what Iโ€™ve tried, are nice as well. I recently saw a handful of new sheet masks from them. Will need to look into that.

In my mind, this is a brand that would benefit from a sampler mini set. I should note that there are few brands I think would not benefit from having a sampler mini set. ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

It's so hard to go wrong with Papa Recipe masks, @itsfi! I'm glad to see you're liking the Frudia lip mask. I've seen it pop up and have been curious to see how others feel about it. 

Completely agree @quspork! Iโ€™ve tried all of the ones in this line and think theyโ€™re all good. There are, of course, ones I like more but overall, Iโ€™d be happy to use any of them again. ๐Ÿฅฐ

I have a sample that made me buy the deluxe size, hope that fits within this weekโ€™s theme!

14E40DEE-B36F-4A35-A7CD-943FF0FA6D6F.jpeg

Spoiler
After sampling the Leahlani Honey Love, and already a fan of her Mermaid Magic, I picked up a trio that included this DS (15ml). I prefer smaller containers for masks that are natural/organic anyway, in the hopes that I can finish them before they expire.

This feels like a very thick paste, like the thickest of ๐Ÿฏ honey. It contains conundrum crystals, which it states are, โ€œSpherical microdermabrasion crystals prevent tearing and irritation.โ€ They are also anti-bacterial. Instructions are to stir well to activate the crystals, which I did not do because I did not read the instructions beforehand ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ Next time!

The scent is a bit of blackberries mixed with something lightly floral (jasmine, although it is not listed as an ingredient) and sweet orange. I left it on close to 25 minutes as the scent was very soothing. I rinsed carefully, finding it easy to remove.
No redness or irritation, so maybe there is something to those spherical granules๐Ÿค” The full size is a whopping 4 ounces, and given the recommended 1 tsp per use, would last a full year if used twice a month consistently. My skin couldnโ€™t take that much exfoliating, so this DS was just the right fit. Thank you @itsfi, it was fun to look around and see what products found a place in my home thanks to sampling!

Ingredients:
Spoiler

*HONEY (HAWAIIAN RAW), ALUMINA (CORUNDUM CRYSTALS), *GLYCERIN (VEGETABLE), *CHAMOMILLA RECUTITA (MATRICARIA) FLOWER POWDER, *LAVANDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA (LAVENDER) FLOWER POWDER, CLAY (ROSE), KAOLIN (CLAY), *HIBISCUS ROSA-SINENSIS FLOWER POWDER, **ARISTOTELIA CHILENSIS (MAQUI) FRUIT, **MORINDA CITRIFOLIA (NONI) FRUIT, CITRUS SINENSIS (SWEET ORANGE) PEEL OIL EXPRESSED, LEUCONOSTOC FERMENT FILTRATE, AQUA, *LAVANDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA (LAVENDER) OIL, HIBISCUS ROSA-SINENSIS FLOWER, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS SEED OIL, ANTHEMIS NOBILIS (CHAMOMILE) FLOWER OIL, **TANACETUM ANNUUM (TANSY) ESSENTIAL OIL

*ORGANIC **WILDCRAFTED

The innisfree My Lip Balm Wild Hibiscus (just noticed a Ginger Honey sleeping mask that popped up when I tagged innisfree...sounds like a sleep lozenge and something I need to try!) is a regular and just a soothing balm. I plan to try more at some point, love the tint.

The Crรจme Shop Be Merry, Skin! was a gift from the sweet @lmaster (thank you kindly!). A little late, but Ho, Ho, Ho indeed;)
945F5338-1F89-4A50-BF27-DF9E71C59B2F.jpeg

Itโ€™s hard to be down in a mask like this; the little winking Santa bear is adorable๐Ÿฅฐ Scent, nondescript. Fit, pretty good, with the typical chin flap.l that refused to adhere. I left it on around 30 minutes and finally removed it. My skin was nicely plumped and did not feel tacky at all. I love their printed masks, and this was no exception. If I can care for my skin and entertain my family at the same time, I am all for it.

Finally, an eye mask that I hope will not make me want to buy the FS. Sisleyโ€™s Eye Contour Mask is meant to be applied and left on the eye area for 10 minutes, after which the excess is gently wiped off. It is scentless, and has the consistency of a thick jelly. It has an abbreviated ingredient list, and promises to reduce fine lines and puffiness. The sample is rather generous (3ml), so I am using it nightly to determine if consistent use will result in any noticeable difference. I do have a bit of puffiness from what my Fitbit calls โ€˜poor sleepโ€™ so letโ€™s see what this can do about that;) This photo was from day one, today will be day three.

@eshoe, those are cute illustrations on The Creme Shop mask. 

Any mask that brings a little smile with it is a gem, @itsfi ๐Ÿ˜‰

@eshoe  Oooh the Leahlani mask sounds wonderful! I'd really love to try out that set sometime! I agree, the smaller sizes are perfect ๐Ÿ‘Œ 

The Creme Shop really makes some cute masks! Glad this one had nice results plus the added bonus of family entertainment! ๐Ÿ˜‚

If anything @Shosh85, masking here has helped me take myself less seriously. Something thatโ€™s definitely needed and appreciated right now! โ˜บ๏ธ

That Leahlani mask sounds really intriguing, @eshoe

it is @quspork - although I think I prefer the Mermaid Mask. Still have one more from the trio to try, Meli Glow, which is supposed to โ€˜soften and illuminate.โ€™ We shall see๐Ÿ˜‰

@eshoe @Ohh that honey mask looks so interesting ! It kind of reminds me of the Perricone chocolate mask with those bursting bead things 

Oh yes, @Kim888, youโ€™re right! Those were softer and larger than the Leahlani, but same concept. Ahhhh I miss that Perricone mask...such a treat.

3 Replies
testing