Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

If you haven’t joined in yet, better late than never!

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar that give your skin the perfect AM glow! Another nod to @keana1 for this week’s challengeπŸ™ŒπŸΌ

Letter of the Week:  M

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

@eshoe   Oh my gosh I could really use that one right now! 😭after hiking up a mountain yesterday my legs are going to fall off.  I’ve got kyusoku Jikan cooling sheets stuck to my shins and calves which is helping but boy do those look good!   

Oooh I had to research those, @heartsmyface - sounds like a must-have for summer! If they last at least 30 minutes, it would be so worth it. I bet that exercise felt lovely. Cathartic might be the word I am looking for😌

Oh how interesting, @eshoe! I bet these would be a nice relaxing mask after a day out in the sun. 

Yes I agree, @quspork! I questioned whether or not trying them in the winter would be a good idea, but I’m glad I did. Summer would be even better;)

@eshoe I forgot about those!! Do you have any idea the circumference of them?

@Samtian approximately 8” at the top. Nice find, these are so fun!

@eshoe 8!? Dang I won't get to try those lol. 

Oh bummer, @Samtian πŸ˜• they really should make more than OS, you know?

@eshoe That would be nice.

Oh this looks so cool!! @eshoe 

It most definitely is cool, @lmaster πŸ˜‰ I bet you would get a kick out of these!

Haha!! Kick πŸ˜‰ @eshoe 

@eshoe @Oh wow I’ve never seen anything like that!! That sounds interesting though - feet masks always feel so luxurious 

Foot masks are great and I rarely use them, so this was a very special treat, @Kim888 πŸ‘πŸΌ I recommend!

Wow I fit the theme this week! Can I have some more please, and Charcoal. 

First up this honey mask! When I put it on I actually smelled honey for .2 seconds, it was heaven. Can I have some more of this mask please haha. 

Secondly the Sephora Charcoal nose strip, I included the pic because it made me laugh. I have to put them on without my glasses and I botched this one. I can't reach the mirror so I have to just say 1, 2, 3 go! It didn't seem like it picked much up, and my nose was super oily a few hours afterwards...but I did use a new moisturizer so I'll have to test and see which one it was. It wasn't as oily in the morning. It didn't get super painfully dry like the other kinds of nose strips. 

Spoiler
Honey mask'.jpghoney.jpgUh.jpg

Ah, nose strips! Good reminder @Samtian; I should do one tonight or tomorrow. I may recreate your mask duo here and use my Lapcos Honey mask as well. πŸ˜ƒ

@itsfi Sweet!!

@Samtian  That Honey mask is a favorite of mine! Happy to hear you loved it too! It's hard to go wrong with honey! πŸ―πŸ˜ƒ

@Shosh85 Definitely!!

The honey mask sounds nice, @Samtian. The nose strip pic does give me a chuckle πŸ˜‚ Hopefully you can figure out whether it was the strip or the moisturizer that caused the oiliness. 

@quspork I'm glad! I think it was both of them. The moisturizer makes my nose oily but not as much as when I did the strip too. So I think both. 

1 Reply