Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@itsfi  Yeah, I don't even remember the last time I walked into B&BW! The last time I looked at their sheet masks, I wasn't excited about what was there - definitely not the same fun variety/selection as their used to be. ๐Ÿ˜ข

@Shosh85 ahhhhhhh a chocolate smelling mask,,,, why oh why is it not available ๐Ÿ˜ฃ

@lmaster  Right?! They especially should not discontinue the chocolate scented things! ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿซ

@Shosh85 a B&BW mask in the box?!?! So happy you were able to snag this one! Sounds like your skin loved it, too. Iโ€™m ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผthey bring them back, too. I remember a hydrogel one you really enjoyed; Rose maybe? I went straight to my store and of course they had none. That was probably over a year ago now, maybe two even. 

@eshoe  Yup, I was SO excited to see it in there! I never thought I'd see it again! ๐Ÿ™Œ

Good memory! There was a Rose Petal Hydrogel mask that I really loved! Oh man, I wish they'd bring some of the old ones back! 

Lol you know you are a seasoned masker when you reminisce about โ€˜the good old daysโ€™ of masking, @Shosh85 ๐Ÿ˜„

@Shosh85   The chocolate scent sounds so very pleasant!   Iโ€™m almost wanting to try it but I think one mud mask a month is good for me.   Now if they have that scent in a cream mask Iโ€™m down!  

@heartsmyface  Yeah, I have to limit my mud/clay masking, but gosh this smelled so good! If it hadn't been discontinued I'd totally buy more! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

โ€ƒSaturday morning masking- last very combo.

PXL_20210110_162552226.jpg

Spoiler
My skin loves the gentle smoothing of the AMOREPACIFIC Treatment Enzyme Peeling Masque 
It was a great combo โ˜บ๏ธ

Ahhhh. Just seeing the AP mask puts a smile on my face @l8totheparty! โ™ฅ๏ธ Lovely masking combo! 

Great combo! @l8totheparty 

The AP has had positive reviews on here from others as well, @l8totheparty๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Oh! I got a kick out of your card, TY so much for thinking of me! Hope you are loving your new home:)

I sure am! ๐Ÿ™‚ @eshoe 

@l8totheparty  Ouhhhh and this is why I have too many masks.  I really want to try that enzyme peeling mask.  I love their enzyme peeling powder.  I wonder how similar the results are between the two. 

I have them both @heartsmyface , and the masque is more. Better and stronger. The powder is a nice touch up, an in-between type of thing, but you will notice the masque as having deeper action, and having more noticeable results. Can not use it everyday, unlike the powder.

I love the masque. 

@l8totheparty Ahhhh, thank you (but also โ€˜how could you!?โ€™ ๐Ÿ˜†) onto my list then!  Itโ€™s clear Iโ€™m going to have to declutter masks that didnt 100percent wow me to make room to try new ones.  
I need to remember to opt for minis of masks I havenโ€™t tried yet if theyโ€™re an option cause Iโ€™m more likely to get through them

I have noticed the powder as a mini, but not the masque. I find it hard to throw away skin care that doesn't wow me, so if you manage- all the power to you! @heartsmyface 

A couple more "B" masks from last week. Will post a band name mask at another time.

B is for bubbles . . . for the face and the lips

B - Bubbles.jpg

Spoiler
I'm always a little nervous with bubble masks that the bubbles are going to get into my eyes. That anxiety is allayed a bit with this Berrisom Soda Bubble Mask - PoreTox Fruit is not a full sheet mask. It's a little larger than a half mask, covering my face from under my eyes to my chin/jawline and my nose bridge. Given my concerns about bubbles getting into my eye, I'm very mindful of how quickly the bubbles foam up on my nose bridge. Most times I'll snip off that section, but this time, I elected to keep it as is. The viscous but drippy essence in this mask has an effervescent fruity candy scent that, while not offensive, isn't very pleasant to me. This bubble mask has a fluorescent yellow-green (or is it green-yellow?) hue that reminds me of the color of lemon lime Gatorade and contains a print around the cheek area that resembles cheetah spots. The bubbles on this mask foam up quickly after I applied the mask. Instructions recommend leaving the mask on for 5-10 minutes and I'm sure my wear time was closer to the 5-minute mark before I removed it and rinsed off the bubbles and essence from my face. 

There are three (3) different varietals in this line; this one claims to purify and detoxify the skin and tighten pores and the mask lived up to some, but not all, of its claims. I did not notice any tightening or shrinking of my pores. I did, however, notice that my pores were clear and decongested after using this mask, and my face looked refreshed and bright. These results to me are the best part of this Berrisom bubble mask. That said, however, I find that I can get the same or very similar results with a regular (non-rinse off) and non-bubble/foaming sheet mask. So, while this mask did not convert me into a bubble sheet mask fan, this Berrisom mask, as well as a Mediheal bubble mask I used last year, are probably the two bubble masks I would consider using again; that said, I wouldn't run out to buy one.

The Mask
:
Spoiler
B - Bubbles 2.jpg
Ingredients:
Spoiler
from yesstyle (dot) com:

Water, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoyl Apple Amino Acids, Disiloxane, Dipropylene Glycol, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Methyl Perfluorobutyl Ether, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Chlorphenesin, Caprylyl Glycol, Fragrance, 1,2-Hexanediol, Propanediol, Disodium EDTA, Illicium Verum (Anise) Fruit Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Carbonated Water(100ppm), Centella Asiatica Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Diospyros Kaki Leaf Extract

B is for Bawdy, and butt, bum, behind, bottom and brrr ... ๐Ÿ˜†

B - Bawdy + Bum.jpg 
Spoiler
The Bawdy Beauty Shake It Marine Algae Butt Mask is so cold! B-r-r-r-r!!! The sheets put next to each other spell out the name of the particular butt mask; in this case, "SHAKE IT", which I think could be a catchy tune for a song. Not sure about how Bawdy or Marine Algae would fare as a band name, though. Eh, I'll try to post my band name mask later this week. Back to this butt mask though, even if you did shake it a lot, it's unlikely these sheets would come off - they adhere very well. You can definitely multi-task with these on if you so choose. So what's the bottom line (haha! pun totally intended) with this marine algae butt mask? I don't know about how well the mask performed as far as its firming and illuminating claims go, but it was fun. If I were to describe these this mask in a few words, I'd go with: cheeky, cold, and good for giggles. 

Last time I used one of these bum beautifiers, I shared a pic of Gudetama's cheeks ๐Ÿ˜‰. Gudetama's too shy this time to parade his behind. lol. 

@itsfi  I love that the masks you used are called, "Oops" and "Shake It!" Definitely sounds like an entertaining masking session! ๐Ÿ˜†

Hahaha! If I were better coordinated @Shosh85, I would do these masks together. But I can see it being a recipe for disaster for me to shake anything let alone my bum while wearing a foaming bubble mask! Lol ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

@itsfi  ...... well, it would kinda make sense - "shake it" followed by "oops!"  ๐Ÿ˜†

1 Reply
testing