Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Wow I fit the theme this week! Can I have some more please, and Charcoal. 

First up this honey mask! When I put it on I actually smelled honey for .2 seconds, it was heaven. Can I have some more of this mask please haha. 

Secondly the Sephora Charcoal nose strip, I included the pic because it made me laugh. I have to put them on without my glasses and I botched this one. I can't reach the mirror so I have to just say 1, 2, 3 go! It didn't seem like it picked much up, and my nose was super oily a few hours afterwards...but I did use a new moisturizer so I'll have to test and see which one it was. It wasn't as oily in the morning. It didn't get super painfully dry like the other kinds of nose strips. 

Spoiler
Honey mask'.jpghoney.jpgUh.jpg

Ah, nose strips! Good reminder @Samtian; I should do one tonight or tomorrow. I may recreate your mask duo here and use my Lapcos Honey mask as well. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@itsfi Sweet!!

@Samtian  That Honey mask is a favorite of mine! Happy to hear you loved it too! It's hard to go wrong with honey! ๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85 Definitely!!

The honey mask sounds nice, @Samtian. The nose strip pic does give me a chuckle ๐Ÿ˜‚ Hopefully you can figure out whether it was the strip or the moisturizer that caused the oiliness. 

@quspork I'm glad! I think it was both of them. The moisturizer makes my nose oily but not as much as when I did the strip too. So I think both. 

@Samtian that is one of the best honey masks,,,imo ๐Ÿ˜†

@lmaster Ooh really?! I'm going to have to keep my eyes out for more.

Ha ha so you like honey masks, @Samtian? I think they are a universal favorite ๐Ÿฅฐ Itโ€™s also hard to top Biorรฉ.

@eshoe I like honey everything lol. Even named my business after it. 

Are you still doing photography @Samtian

@eshoe Yep!

C is for Caolion and Cleanse

This mask is pretty neat.  Itโ€™s a sheet mud mask and quite literally the easiest mess free mud mask application Iโ€™ve ever experienced.  Itโ€™s a two piece mask which smells like clay (no surprise) with a little green tea trying to mask it but not successfully.  This is a dry down mask which I donโ€™t normally gravitate towards.  You can feel the drying occurring within minutes.  The mask fits alright.  Itโ€™s a bit long in the forehead and nose so I folded it down to fit me better.  It says to leave it on between 20-40 minutes and then to rinse off.  I left it on for 20 minutes cause I didnโ€™t want to wait for it to dry down completely. My skin felt smooth soft, refreshed and firm but was in near immediate need of hydration.   Iโ€™m suggesting this one for more oily skin or if youโ€™re feeling the need for a deep resetting cleanse.  

39050199-238B-4CBD-B2E1-379B56160441.jpeg

โ€ƒ

5C89AD1A-9368-4BB5-9058-0F6174F0BFC6.jpeg

โ€ƒ

โ€ƒ

I just jotted the following note on the one I have - โ€œuse when youโ€™re oily. @heartsmyface said so.โ€ ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Looks like a warm weather mask for me then. โ˜€๏ธ 

I can't remember if I tried this green one @heartsmyface I know I have tried one from this line and liked it, you're definitely right, I tend to lean oily in the summer and it was perfect for that time of year

@heartsmyface  Definitely sounds better suited for oily skin, but I'm glad it turned out decent for you! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Hmmm Iโ€™ve tried the pink one, and liked it @heartsmyface - but I think that was more of a hydrating one. Clay sheet masks are a good trade-off for a messy sink;)

@heartsmyface A mud sheet mask? That sounds interesting.

1This was for B week, but it works for C week too ๐Ÿ˜‰ Pulled this one out of Masks On The Move! 

5966F177-6391-40D6-AB76-8A6A1EB5BD64.jpeg

Spoiler

Bath & Body Works Mud Mask

This is a two piece cotton mud mask that was sandwiched between two protective layers and was completely caked/saturated with a slightly tacky chocolatey-brown mud. ....and speaking of chocolate, that is exactly what this mask smelled like! Holy cow it smelled SO good! It literally felt like I was wearing a sheet of chocolate on my face. Application was a little messy and I ended up with the brown mud all over my fingers. It had a nice fit - not quite wide enough and the nose flap was a little too long. I removed the mask after about a 20 minutes, when it started feeling dry and stiff to the point it was hard to move my face around. Removing it was almost like removing a peel-off mask, just not as painful. ๐Ÿ˜‰ There was some dried "mud" leftover on my face that I rinsed off easily with warm water. My face looked brighter and my skin felt soooo soft and smooth. I felt a little dry and had to place moisturizer right away, but I usually expect that with mud/clay type masks. The mask was fun to use, smelled amazing and gave pretty great results! If Bath & Body Works was still selling this mask I would definitely repurchase! I am SO happy I got the chance to try it out again!

Ingredients:

Spoiler
3C804ECD-3A96-4B20-ABC8-A06140FC52B3.jpeg

The mask:

Spoiler

IMG_5656.jpeg
The lighting is weird, but you get the idea ๐Ÿ˜‰

It feels like itโ€™s been forever since Iโ€™ve stepped foot inside a B&BW so I donโ€™t know, are they still stocking sheet masks? I know their sheet mask selection was constantly in rotation but Iโ€™m not sure if they still carry them. Hmmm ๐Ÿค”. Ever since you started reviewing their masks, Iโ€™ve always felt that B&BW needed a section titled โ€œ@Shosh85โ€™s favoritesโ€ or that they bring your faves back and make them a permanent part of their collection.  โ™ฅ๏ธ

testing