Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

I'm glad to hear you like the Hanalei masks, @haleyvvvv! I'm definitely looking to try some more of theirs out at some point. 

Thank you  @quspork !!

looks like a couple of good ones @haleyvvvv !

Thank you, @missjeanie!! Surprisingly quite a few winners (although I was stacking the deck a little with the Hanalei ones).

@haleyvvvv  Great masking! I've tried a lot of the Holika Holika masks from that line and I feel like most would get a B-ish grade.

I love the packaging on those Package mask - simple but cute. Glad this one was decent for you. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Thank you, @Shosh85!! Its good to know about all of the Holika Holika masks being B ranged.

Good job with all your masks!! @haleyvvvv 

Thank you, @lmaster!!

@haleyvvvv, great bunch of masks! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ I also like how the Holika Holika masks open; itโ€™s not a significant criteria for me when it comes to sheet masks but itโ€™s something I appreciate. โ€œEveryday Bouncyโ€ makes for a great band name! I love the illustration on the packaging from that brand too. ๐Ÿ˜

Thank you, @itsfi!! All of the Package packaging is too cute. I may have bought a 10-pack of 4 of their different masks cause they were cute ๐Ÿ˜†.

Oooh I am interested in the Hanalei Pear and Pineapple masks, @haleyvvvv! I thought I had tried that brand, but turns out it just similar packaging. Thanks for the reviews, though-great start to the year๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

Thank you, @eshoe!! If you come across them, I definitely recommend. I looked them up on their website and the 10 pack price I would pay, but would ideally seek a better deal.

I will be in the lookout, @haleyvvvv. Iโ€™ve only tried one pear mask, and while the scent is very subtle, the fit/adherence wasnโ€™t the greatest. Thanks for the recommendation!

I double masked this morning thought the first one is more of a peel in my mind than a mask.  
The Priori skin decoded natural enzyme peel &masque is lovely.  Itโ€™s a subtle citrus orange scented cream type mask that doesnโ€™t dry down.  You leave it on 10 minutes and remove with a cool cloth.  Itโ€™s so gentle.  I experienced no burning whatsoever.  My face afterward felt as though it had been lightly moisturized.  None of that squeaky clean smoothness you get from regular enzyme peels though.  I guess thatโ€™s where they get away calling it a mask.  I like it and will enjoy this one regularly (likely more often than the once a week they recommend) 

A is for Ampoule.  This is a thick but transparent finer mask that conforms nicely.  The ampoule smells sooo good of rose water. This one claims to have 10percent demask rose water, root bark, witch hazel and Camรฉllia flower extract.  Itโ€™s quite soothing and the natural rose scent lingers the whole wear. My skin felt wonderfully hydrated and mildly tacky after wear.  I didnโ€™t notice any whitening.  I would definitely do this one again! 

DFCDCF5B-19FC-4DFE-B058-D04BDA39DB85.jpeg

โ€ƒ

DA079F6A-41E4-476C-82D3-C3B4E20D79B1.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@heartsmyface The Priori peel sounds awesome.  Citrus orange scent in the middle of winter always makes me smile. 

@missjeanie Me too. I like a stronger citrus scent than this has to perk me up.  

@heartsmyface  Both of these really sound wonderful! Orange scented + doesn't dry down + great results definitely sounds like a winning combo. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Glad to hear you loved these!

@Shosh85  Itโ€™s a winner:). I want to try more from the brand but first I must use some things up. 

@heartsmyface the citrus and rose scents sound incredible

@lmaster @Theyโ€™re really good.  Kinda weird to put those scents together but one after another was very pleasant:) 

Hmmm @heartsmyface, does the Priori bear any resemblance to the Vichy Double Glow Peel? It *kind of* sounds like it in its gentleness. 

Also, itโ€™s weird to think of witch hazel in a soothing serum! It looks like a soft and cozy mask, the little slits on the inner corners of the eye are so helpful:)

testing