Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

It seems like every time I cannot recall who was discussing a product, o think it was you, @missjeanie! Why is that? ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

I havenโ€™t tried the cocokind. I did receive a sample of Earth Therapeutics and it was not pleasant. Also bought a random Rose scrub from CostPlus and it tasted like perfume. Both I ended up finally tossing. If you find any treasures on your hunt, please let me know!

@eshoe  Taste has to be good on a lip scrub. I mean itโ€™s inevitable that some will get in your mouth. Iโ€™m using two Sephora stick versions, the frank n body coffee one, and a too cool for school stick one at the moment. At the moment Iโ€™m really into the coffee flavoured one. Mmmmm. I may try to see where in Canada I can procure the fizzi ones though. Iโ€™ve used their bath bombs before and thought they were fun!  

Ooooh I could go for the Frank n Body one, coffee, yum @missjeanie!

@eshoe @missjeanie thanks guys,,,, how can I even resist a coffee lip scrub,,, scalp scrub and hair mask.... ๐Ÿ˜†

The TCFS Multi Vitamin B5 Mask expires at the end of the month so Iโ€™m getting it used up.  Itโ€™s serum is light and creamy, is near unscented but i can detect a subtle floral scent.  Itโ€™s pleasant.  The mask itself is a too pieced white cotton that needs to be removed from a plastic sheet.  It conforms very well with my only complaint being that the nose is a bit long but thatโ€™s easily fixed by folding the tip back.  Thereโ€™s lots of extra creamy serum to apply to the neck and arms.

This mask claims to be both hydrating and brightening with 1000ppm of a vitmain B derivative and to be soothing.  I didnโ€™t notice any intense brightening but itโ€™s definitely soothing and left my skin feeling so very hydrated!   This is going to be a certain repurchase!   Wonderful mask!

EE32039F-E384-4CB3-8EB5-B01C5CAE7783.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@heartsmyface  I haven't seen this one yet, but it definitely sounds like one I need to watch out for! Happy to hear you loved it! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@heartsmyface  I'm definitely putting this one on my list. Looks great!

@heartsmyface these results are crucial for this time of year ๐Ÿ™Œ

Hmmm might that be a newer TCFS mask, @heartsmyface ๐Ÿค” anything but the egg one! I donโ€™t see many (if any? This might be a first) two piece cotton masks. That alone makes me curious enough to try it.

@eshoe   Iโ€™m not sure if itโ€™s a newer mask.  I hadnโ€™t seen it before coming across it at Walmart. Comparison wise, it is a less slimy version of the egg cream mask which I also love but donโ€™t see around as much.  

Oh glorious mask, leaving my skin feeling nourished and soft. When for the win! (Also trying to use up some masks and post my masks used). 

Recommended A+. No tackiness but bright, soft skin. โ€ƒ

PXL_20210106_060024102.jpg

โ€ƒ

PXL_20210106_060018213.jpg

@l8totheparty  Yay for an A+ mask. I recently tried some When masks and they are so nice. 

@l8totheparty  "When for the win"..... I love that! Haha!  

This is my most favorite one from the line! Happy to hear you loved it too!๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@l8totheparty haha!! The last choice for a when ๐Ÿ˜† win!! 

Sigh. My favorite of all-time, @l8totheparty. Love When!!! ๐Ÿ’–

@l8totheparty I am convinced When can do no wrong.  I literally see their name and donโ€™t have to read the reviews anymore:).   So happy you had a good masking session today!  

Right?! @heartsmyface I'm so happy to have them.

Wakey wakey! This mask was a nice morning mask- not too heavy, not tacky and non-pilling. I do not recall a scent (meaning if there was one, it wasn't bothersome or strong).  ....this would also make a good band name ๐Ÿ˜‰

PXL_20210106_140626971.jpg

โ€ƒ

@l8totheparty  Definitely makes a great band name! So happy you enjoyed this one!  ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@l8totheparty  I like that for a band name! ๐Ÿ™‚

Ohhh pomegranate... @l8totheparty great band name too ๐Ÿ˜‰

5 Replies
testing