Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

If you haven’t joined in yet, better late than never!

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: Fruits & Veggies Week  - the lovely @keana1 brings us this deliciously nutritious, good for your skin challenge! πŸ“πŸ‘πŸŒπŸ₯‘πŸ₯¦πŸ†πŸŒ±

Letter of the Week:  L

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

Thank you, @itsfi!! All of the Package packaging is too cute. I may have bought a 10-pack of 4 of their different masks cause they were cute πŸ˜†.

Oooh I am interested in the Hanalei Pear and Pineapple masks, @haleyvvvv! I thought I had tried that brand, but turns out it just similar packaging. Thanks for the reviews, though-great start to the yearπŸ™ŒπŸΌ

Thank you, @eshoe!! If you come across them, I definitely recommend. I looked them up on their website and the 10 pack price I would pay, but would ideally seek a better deal.

I will be in the lookout, @haleyvvvv. I’ve only tried one pear mask, and while the scent is very subtle, the fit/adherence wasn’t the greatest. Thanks for the recommendation!

I double masked this morning thought the first one is more of a peel in my mind than a mask.  
The Priori skin decoded natural enzyme peel &masque is lovely.  It’s a subtle citrus orange scented cream type mask that doesn’t dry down.  You leave it on 10 minutes and remove with a cool cloth.  It’s so gentle.  I experienced no burning whatsoever.  My face afterward felt as though it had been lightly moisturized.  None of that squeaky clean smoothness you get from regular enzyme peels though.  I guess that’s where they get away calling it a mask.  I like it and will enjoy this one regularly (likely more often than the once a week they recommend) 

A is for Ampoule.  This is a thick but transparent finer mask that conforms nicely.  The ampoule smells sooo good of rose water. This one claims to have 10percent demask rose water, root bark, witch hazel and CamΓ©llia flower extract.  It’s quite soothing and the natural rose scent lingers the whole wear. My skin felt wonderfully hydrated and mildly tacky after wear.  I didn’t notice any whitening.  I would definitely do this one again! 

DFCDCF5B-19FC-4DFE-B058-D04BDA39DB85.jpeg

 

DA079F6A-41E4-476C-82D3-C3B4E20D79B1.jpeg

 

@heartsmyface The Priori peel sounds awesome.  Citrus orange scent in the middle of winter always makes me smile. 

@missjeanie Me too. I like a stronger citrus scent than this has to perk me up.  

@heartsmyface  Both of these really sound wonderful! Orange scented + doesn't dry down + great results definitely sounds like a winning combo. πŸ˜ƒ Glad to hear you loved these!

@Shosh85  It’s a winner:). I want to try more from the brand but first I must use some things up. 

@heartsmyface the citrus and rose scents sound incredible

@lmaster @They’re really good.  Kinda weird to put those scents together but one after another was very pleasant:) 

Hmmm @heartsmyface, does the Priori bear any resemblance to the Vichy Double Glow Peel? It *kind of* sounds like it in its gentleness. 

Also, it’s weird to think of witch hazel in a soothing serum! It looks like a soft and cozy mask, the little slits on the inner corners of the eye are so helpful:)

@eshoe I’ve never tried the Vichy Double Glow peel but now I’m curious. I’ve loved everything from Vichy I’ve ever tried!  writing that one down for whenever I get sll the way though a peeling product. 

I’m the other way around, I think the peel might be the only thing (or two) I’ve tried from the brand, @heartsmyface! And I’ve wanted to test out others based on my experience with the peel. Later this year, maybe.

@heartsmyface That peel sounds lovely, ill have to keep it mind. Glad both of these were winners!!

@haleyvvvv  It’s definitely one to put in the notes as a win. 

@heartsmyface, the Priori peel sounds wonderful! How often do you plan on using it? Ahhh, I really like that MediLab+ Black Rose Ampoule Mask. 🌹 This reminds me that there's a corresponding serum (and I think an essence as well) that I had planned on adding to my list. πŸ› Something to pick up when I get through a few more skincare treats and if that cute little boutique is open. 

@itsfi   I think I ll start once every two days and see where that goes.  
There is?   I’ve got to look them up! I need to come up with an arbitrary rule for new skincare purchases though.  What’s the boutique called? 

@heartsmyface, the boutique is Candy Doll Beauty, but YesStyle also carries the line as well, including some products I didn't know was part of the line - like a foundation and BB cream. 

Okay, when you come up with your rule for skincare purchases, let me know. Mine currently is "finish up all of the ones in that box over there first!" πŸ˜† There are definitely some pre-2020 purchases in that box. πŸ˜ I just saw a cleanser that is set to expire later this year so that's coming out and getting used up first. 

@itsfi   Ha, good luck on β€˜that little box’. πŸ˜„. You’ve got this!    I think I’ve decided that two out/one in is a fair enough system.  I like to try new skincare too much to say I want to get down to one of everything in a category though wouldn’t that be nice to have that kind of discipline?  maybe I can slowly work toward that goal one day but I know I’m not there.  

Near expired cleansers make great body wash if there’s something else you’d prefer to be using πŸ˜‰   I got my hubby into skincare (Just fancy cleanser and acids but it’s huge progress) so he uses up the cleansers I find too drying.  

Hahaha @heartsmyface! You know me well. The box is probably better described as a large container. πŸ˜‚ β€œOne of everything in a category”? That’s probably too regimented for me; I used to be able to do that with one first cleanse, but then there was an avalanche of good first cleansers a couple years ago and also ones that are good for a second cleanser. My skin now is also too temperamental for just one cleanser. πŸ˜” For most skincare categories, I’ll have 2 or 3 products in a category open and in rotation, particularly for cleansers, toners, AHA's/BHAs and moisturizers, more when it comes to essences, serums and oils and, of course, wash off masks. Good call on repurposing cleansers as body washes.