Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@eshoe   I canโ€™t help but feel that the very fact you forget to check your pores means youโ€™re doing alright in the pore department;) 

And banana runt scent sounds sooooo good!   I wouldnโ€™t mind if it didnโ€™t work at all and just had  the sensory trip.  

Maybe that is my problem, @heartsmyface. I  am guilty of using detox masks because thatโ€™s just what one does, right? Once a week, because my skin โ€˜needsโ€™ it. I guess psychologically, masks make me feel like I am doing something right once a day๐Ÿ˜„

PSA: This was first posted by @SportyGirly125 on the 2021 Product Releases Thread. Looks like Ilia is coming out with its own lip mask, for anyone interested.

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confidential/2021-PRODUCT-RELEASES-THREAD/m-p/5705323/highli...

Ilia Lip Mask.PNG

ILIA Lip Wrap Overnight Treatment 0.34 fl oz / 10 ml 

@itsfi oh this looks like something Iโ€™d really like.  I have to do a lip product declutter soon to both kick out any disappointing products and make room for fresh ones.  Iโ€™ll be happy if I can declutter half a drawer.  

Ohhh, motivation sparked!! I could really benefit from a lip product declutter @heartsmyface! ๐Ÿค” 

@itsfi   Everything gets out of control so quickly!  I can only imagine weโ€™re all in need of a little clean out.  My end goal is to leave 2021 is slightly less than I entered it with, including new purchases.  Sounds easy but I know it wonโ€™t be.

Love the name on this, @itsfi. Sounds like a product that would protect my lips! 

40DDF646-F962-4274-9C15-50D5B02FF16B.jpeg

โ€ƒi finally got around to trying this firming mask from erno laszlo which i keep pulling out to try.  It was one I acquired in a mask exchange.  I guess the mixing step was a bit of a deterrent.  Cute that itโ€™s actually blue when mixed up.  It was difficult to get on my face evenly and I kept trying to smooth it out to no avail and ended up with it looking super chunky on one side of my face cause it began to dry as I was smoothing it.  
the mask smells minty and feels super refreshing on.  It dries down like a rubber mask and comes off easily.  There was some residue I had to spot wash off. The main ingredient it boasts is spirulina maxima which i like in general so I had high hopes.  I didnโ€™t notice any firming with this one but my face felt super soft and lightly hydrated.  I likely wouldnโ€™t go out of my way to find this mask again but it was pleasant overall.

I keep putting off this mask because of the mixing @heartsmyface! And I feel like I would make a mess of it. Maybe one of my skincare resolutions for this year will be to finally give this EL mask a try. ๐Ÿ˜†

@itsfi   It is messy and me not being able to apply it smoothly even though it appears to have a smooth texture was mildly frustrating.  I have photos but hahahah the shame!  

I completely expect to see you using this soon.  ๐Ÿ˜‰

@heartsmyface, it might be more like seeing all the product in splotches on my bathroom floor. hahaha! 

That is a heavy duty masking spatula, @heartsmyface! For the work, these do leave the skin feeling pretty soft and cool to the touch โ„๏ธ

@eshoe   Hahahah, itโ€™s just a mini kitchen spatula! I moved everything around in my beauty room and have forgotten where my skincare spatulas and spoons got organized to.  Where I put them mustโ€™ve made sense to me at the time but for now Iโ€™m at a loss๐Ÿ˜….  

and yes!  The cooling was quite nice.  Maybe Iโ€™d appreciate them more in the summer...or on a morning Iโ€™m feeling extra groggy. 

Hey, I am all for multi-purposing, @heartsmyface! I too, have wondered about the mystery of where things disappear to after reorganizing. One too many times ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

Ohhh that looks icy ๐Ÿฅถ @heartsmyface 

@lmaster   It was but not uncomfortably so.  It would have been more appreciated in warmer weather though. 

@heartsmyface  These masks are fun, but so messy! Glad it was a pleasant experience! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85   The satisfying part  was seeing the smooth side as it peeled off.  It was so much nicer on the inside. 

I have one I have to try and keep putting off too @heartsmyface. Thanks for all the info on it!

@ShortErica   Yeah the mixing is fun but it certainly requires you to be in the mood.  Probably why I prefer sheet masks and ready to go mud masks. Usually when a mood like that strikes I want to make food and not skincare๐Ÿ˜

A is for Apple and Aรงaรญ 

59330CCB-DB5B-4697-B95D-46FEFC9736ED.jpeg

Spoiler

Peripera Juice Time Apple Sheet Mask ๐Ÿ

This is a super thin and transparent cotton sheet mask that was drenched with a clear watery serum. The scent was mostly just your standard sheet mask kind of scent with just a hint of a green apple smell. The fit was good โ€“ just a little too wide at the temples and a tiny bit long at the chin. The mask adhered well and was comfortable to wear the half hour I had it on. There wasn't any tackiness after removing and my face looked a smidge brighter and my skin felt soft, smooth, moisturized and had a nice glow.

I really enjoy using this one and love the results! I will definitely keep repurchasing all the masks from this and the Smoothie lines for as long as I can!

41B9A02B-5DCE-4F88-8550-172828636E53.jpeg

9D4A9FF5-8A99-4920-8209-4CDD7BE84476.jpeg

Spoiler

Holika Holika Pure Essence Sheet Mask ~ Aรงaรญ Berry

This is a super thin and transparent cotton sheet mask and was drenched with serum that had a sort of a earthy/floral kind of scent. The mask was a little long at the chin and just smidge too wide at the forehead. I kept the mask on for about 30 minutes. When I removed it, there was a little tackiness, but I got distracted with the the kiddos so I'm not sure how long it lasted. My face felt soft, nicely moisturized and a little plump.

I really liked the results from this one and I'd use again, but probably wouldn't repurchase - there are plenty other moisturizing masks that have better scents, or none at all.

A79029B8-F0E6-4AAA-99B0-E89FF231B77A.jpeg

1 Reply
testing