Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

💕😌 2024 Masking Challenge 😌💖

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights 💮

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks💗

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge

@itsfi wow that's a luxe mask! 

It is definitely a treat @lmaster😍

@itsfi @Glad it worked for you! I also tried it from a subscription and agree - it was nice but I’m not sure I’d run out and spend $30 on it 

Exactly @Kim888! There are other sheet masks out there that can provide similar results at a fraction of the price. That said, there is a certain luxe element to this one that some might like. I'm happy I was able to try it though; I can see how for some, this could make a nice splurge. 

Tuesday and Wednesday's masking focused on prepping my skin for the new year with honey themed masking sessions that included a bunch of goodies, including another mask from the Etude House 0.2 mm Air Therapy collection.

0.2 mm Honey.jpg

The 411:
Spoiler
Adherence and fit of the Etude House 0.2mm Air Therapy Mask (Manuka Honey - Rich Moisturization) is similar to the olive varietal from the same line, which is to say that it's very standard for a sheet mask requiring some adjustments at the corners of the eyes and mouth and to the length at the chin/jawline for a more custom and comfortable fit. The essence on this manuka honey mask has a milky emulsion consistency - I mistakenly thought the olive mask and this manuka honey mask had the same type of essence, but this one is more akin to a light, thin milky serum. It also has a very subtle scent - sweet, but to me, not really reminiscent of honey. It's not an unpleasant scent; I would have just preferred that it smell more like honey. 🍯 I left this mask on for my usual half hour and after removing the mask and pressing in the excess essence, there's a slight tacky-to-the-touch feel that I don't mind as I find it helpful when continuing on with my skincare routine, but I know the subtle tacky feel isn't something enjoyed by all. As far as results go, my skin felt hydrated and bouncy, and my complexion looked clear, fresh and brightened. This manuka honey mask is a nice one; while it is not my all-time favorite honey sheet mask, it is one I like very much and one that I could see working very well for daily masking. 
Ingredients : 
Spoiler
(from etude (dot) com)
WATER, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, GLYCERIN, METHYLPROPANEDIOL, SORBITAN STEARATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, HONEY EXTRACT(2,500ppm), SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, ARGININE, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, SUCROSE COCOATE, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, GLYCYRRHIZA GLABRA (LICORICE) ROOT EXTRACT, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, ZINGIBER OFFICINALE (GINGER) ROOT EXTRACT, COPTIS JAPONICA ROOT EXTRACT, DEHYDROACETIC ACID, ADENOSINE, DIPOTASSIUM GLYCYRRHIZATE, DISODIUM EDTA, BOSWELLIA SERRATA GUM, SODIUM HYALURONATE, HYDROGENATED LECITHIN, CITRUS LIMON (LEMON) FRUIT EXTRACT, ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) LEAF OIL, CENTELLA ASIATICA EXTRACT, CERAMIDE NP, CITRUS PARADISI (GRAPEFRUIT) PEEL OIL, GERANIUM MACULATUM OIL, MELALEUCA ALTERNIFOLIA (TEA TREE) LEAF OIL, PHYTOSTERYL/OCTYLDODECYL LAUROYL GLUTAMATE, LIMONENE

@itsfi   Ouhh everything here is so good! I think I just like honey.  And huge doe foot applicators! 

Completely agree @heartsmyface! I just love honey in skincare products, especially this time of year! 💛🍯 The larger doe foot applicator works well for me. I've heard that some find it too large, but the size is fine by me. More honey and milk lip oil to my lips at one time. What's not to love?! 😍

Ohhhhh this all sounds great @itsfi 

Hard to go wrong with honey @lmaster! 🍯

@itsfi  You can never go wrong with honey! I'll be placing an order for the lip oil today - it always sounds so good! 😃

@Shosh85, oooh, I’ll be interested in your thoughts on it. I usually rotate the lip oil, the Milk lip sleeping mask and the Laneige lip sleeping mask as part of my PM lip care. 

@itsfi  Sounds nice to me! That lip product looks so cute. Honey seems like a good way to start the new year! 🙂

I love lip oils in the winter @PrettyPaint; this one is nicely moisturizing and works well overnight.  Love honey!!  💛🍯

@itsfi mmm honey! how do you like the honey & Milk?

@Samtian, I'm a fan of the A'Pieu Honey & Milk Lip Oil. I first tried the scrub and lip balm / sleeping mask that came in round jar and then I saw @heartsmyface post about the lip oil. It's not too thick nor too thin. It applies thick at first but thins out with the warmth from my lips. There's a very subtle scent to it; a sweet milky cream sort of scent; I wish there was more of a honey scent I picked up. This has a extra large doe foot applicator and does a nice job of hydrating my lips through the night. 

@itsfi Sounds divine!

Face Mask.pngChry Mask.jpg

My mask from Monday night. The package is actually this really cool holo shiny type of package, but I had thrown it away after doing my empties and forgot to take a picture of it. It's a pretty sheet too. It started to burn/tingle so I took it off. Though my skin looked ok the next morning except my nose was way oily.

This is one of the prettiest masks, @Samtian. Such a let-down that it decided to make trouble with your skin😕 

I’ve tried this one too, and just noticed that it says, “Modeling Mask Serum” which seems odd since I typically think of the gooey rubber masks as modeling masks. And which don’t seem to have serum in them? Maybe I am missing something here...🤔

@Samtian that is a cool looking mask - both the package and the sheet! Too bad it didn't feel that way

@ShortErica At least it didn't cause a bad reaction haha.

This sheet is gorgeous @Samtian 

1 Reply
testing