Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge

@itsfi I am expecting a packet tomorrow and will assort them according to essence. With four types, it should be  an evenly grouped set. I hadnโ€™t paid much attention to the difference serums the first go round, so I hope to be more attentive this next one!

@eshoe, if this snapshot (from etude (dot) com) doesn't show up well enough for you to see the little icons below each mask, check out the EH website. The back of the mask packet should also include a similar icon to show what type of essence is in the mask. The first four have the creamy milky serum. 

EH 0.2mm.PNG

Thank you for the tip about the icons @itsfi - that helps a lot! โ˜บ๏ธ

I've not tried makes from this brand @itsfi you are making it sound amazing

@lmaster, look for the ones with an emulsion type essence - I think your skin would love those masks from this line. Great for dry skin in the winter months. As far as I know, those will be this olive one, as well as the snail, ceramide, collagen and honey varietals. I'll probably reach for the honey version before the week is over. Tagging @Shosh85 as she may be able to shed light on the other emulsion essence based masks from this line as well. 

@itsfi   Those are the only milky ones I've tried! The milky ones have definitely been my favorite so far! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ @lmaster 

@Shosh85 @itsfi thanks ladies for the rec'd ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’“

@itsfi  The milky masks from this line are my favorite and I definitely remember liking this one! So happy you enjoyed it too! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

100% agree with you @Shosh85๐Ÿ‘Š No surprise there though! Love the milky masks from this collection. Especially this time of the year! My skin just drinks up the hydration and moisture from it. I wonder if Etude House's team has ever considered making a few of the masks from this line into daily sheet mask packs, because they do market these masks as being good for daily use. Were there other ones from this range that you were particularly fond of that you can recall off the top of your head? 

@itsfi  So far, out of  the 11 I've tried, my most favorite has been the Snail one - and I've already repurchase more. ๐Ÿ˜๐ŸŒ What I didn't realize is that there's 21 masks in this line: ๐Ÿ‘‡ ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Spoiler
EE70EC69-2DF3-4891-8B39-6B9306CA0C2B.jpeg

@Shosh85, the snail and olive ones are my favorite so far. 21 masks?!! Wow. They just need 9 or 10 more for a full month. lol. I thought there were like 15. I'll have to see which ones I haven't tried. 

@itsfi  Actually, there is more than 21 - I didn't realize this picture was missing blueberry and calendula........ so now we're up to 23! ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜‰

Oooh, I saw the blueberry one ๐Ÿซ late last night @Shosh85  and thought โ€œI have not seen you before...โ€ ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜ 23? Theyโ€™re inching that much closer to a full month. 5 more and weโ€™re good for February in a non-leap year. ๐Ÿ˜ You can do it, EH! 

@itsfi  I really want to try that blueberry one! I wasn't interested in trying the calendula or camellia ones, but the "Jelly Oil Essence" has got me curious. ๐Ÿค”

Do it for science @Shosh85! ๐Ÿงช๐Ÿงซ ๐Ÿงฌ 

Hmmm, might this be your favorite from this line, @itsfi? I agree with you - every single one Iโ€™ve tried has been an easy slam dunk hit! So easy to wear, good fit, good ingredients...what more to ask?๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ And now I am suddenly hungry for olives ๐Ÿซ’ ๐Ÿ˜‰

@eshoe, the sheet masks in this line have one of 3 different types of essences. The ones I like the most from the line are, like @Shosh85, the ones with the milky serum, which I think EH refers to as an emulsion type essence - this olive one, and the snail, ceramide, collagen and honey varietals, though I think the honey one may be the thinnest among that group. 

Making note and in the new year will look forward to these and plan accordingly, @itsfi ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผโ˜บ๏ธ

Mask 1.jpgMask 2.jpgMask 3.jpg

My mask from last Monday. I know I put it on the loves section of my empties. But I can't remember anything about it. I included the cute little doggy bar code because it is cute lol. 

@Samtian awww I've not noticed that bone bar code before!

@lmaster It's super cute! I'm glad I noticed it.

testing