Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge

Oh my goodness @lmaster lucky you! Hopefully you did something fun, like a nice bubble bath or foot masking or just some quiet time to yourselfโ˜บ๏ธ

@eshoe  The Leahlani mask sounds wonderful! I'm sure the scent alone would make me want to buy it!

The sheet mask is one I've never seen before and certainly sounds interesting! Whether it's popcorn or peanut butter, both are a very unique scent for skincare! I guess that's the closest they could get to caramel. Haha!๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฅœ 

The Leahlani was good enough for me to order the mini masking set @Shosh85. I believe youโ€™ve tried the Mermaid Mask? It is included with one other mask, each 15ml. Which is actually perfect for a natural mask, so it hopefully does not expire before finishing a jar. 

I think a salted PB and bacon mask might be fun to try. Or maybe I am just hungry โ˜บ๏ธ

@eshoe  Oh my gosh, I totally forgot they have minis now! Yes, that sounds like a perfect size! I did really like the Mermaid Mask and the Honey one that comes in the set looks good too! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Hmmm, I think I'd be down to try a salted PB and bacon mask! ๐Ÿ˜‚

Oh yes, @Shosh85 - I think I โ€˜Food Fusionโ€™ Crรจme Shop LE line would be fun! 

B is for Be Merry

IMG_20201223_202854625.jpg

โ€ƒ

Spoiler
This was a cute mask, your typical creme shop material with an adorable polar bear face with a Santa hat.          
Fit was long at the chin and the inner eye holes needed snipped.                   
Scent   vanilla but not as strong as I assumed it would be.                         
Serum was clear and bubbly, plenty extra in the sleeve                             
Tackiness I didn't notice any lasting      
Spoiler
final thoughts while it is super cute, I wasn't impressed ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ I didn't expect much moisturization, but was hoping for a little hydration

Spoiler
IMG_20201223_202902083.jpg

โ€ƒ

@lmaster I feel that way about a lot of their character masks - cute but not impressive. I think there's only been two that I'd repurchase. 
It's definitely perfect for the holidays! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐ŸŽ„

@Shosh85 I agree, I feel like they still are cute enough to try when I see a new to me design ๐Ÿคฆ

@lmaster Did you pick up their holiday set? In think I have this one. Will make notes!

No, this one was in a 3 pack with all the same ones. I believe from marshalls @eshoe 

Oh good to know @lmaster. I ended up ordering direct for the first time (I REALLY wanted to try the egg nog mask!!!) and bought a multipack. I think this one is in it, though!

Egg nog mask!!! @eshoe what!!! That sounds awesome

Doesnโ€™t it, @lmaster?!? Iโ€™m not even an egg nog fan, but bought some for Christmas. I havenโ€™t tried it but the family loves it. Maybe I will have a small glass when I am masking to see how true the scent really is๐Ÿ˜„

I can't bring myself to drink something called egg nog ๐Ÿ˜‚ @eshoe my mind won't let me get past the matter ๐Ÿ˜†

Super cute print @lmaster , I'm kinda disappointed in a lot of TCS masks lately... but I think I just need to re-catagorize them in my mind.  They're cute for a selfie or to do with the kids (they only leave them on for 5 minutes and then get bored). Or... they're good for those with perfect skin already lol. 

@missjeanie thatโ€™s a mighty fine and accurate assessment ๐Ÿ˜‚

@missjeanie @eshoe

Yep! Nailed it ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Oh, it's too bad this wasn't a wow @lmaster! It had the makings of a great all around mask, especially if the mask resembled the illustration on the packet.

@itsfi I know, the cute factor is there ๐Ÿ˜Œ I honestly felt like my HA serum I use was better than what this mask gave me

Oh, thatโ€™s a bummer @lmaster! Do you think this would be better in the warmer months, when hydration, though important, is less so than in the wintertime? I mean, it would be odd if that were the case given the whole Christmas / winter theme to the packaging.

For my skin right now @itsfi yes, absolutely, this would be better in the warmer months

5 Replies
testing