Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

💕😌 2024 Masking Challenge 😌💖

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a 💰mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks💗

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge

Love it when a mask lives up to it's claims @itsfi !

Exactly @missjeanie; exactly!! 😍 These Inna Organic masks are good. And, the brand also makes serums that appear to be based on the serums in the sheet masks. Oh yes, you know what that means. A future skincare purchase is practically inevitable! 😆 My “no buy” plans seem to have already turned into a “low buy” and it’s not even 2021 yet. 😂😔 

Sounds like some great results, @itsfi!

I was very pleasantly surprised @quspork! Dewy, glowy and nourished skin! ♥️

@itsfi  Besides the scent it sounds just about perfect! Love the results you got from this one! 😃

This line was pretty good @Shosh85. 😃 I guess I shouldn’t be too surprised. It seems that most, if not all, Taiwanese masks I’ve used have worked very well for my skin. Curating staples for my mask library is going to be harder than I thought it would be, and I hardly thought it would be a piece of cake.

@itsfi Ooh I like the sounds of this one! I love Neroli scents. 

@Samtian, if it were just the neroli I smelled, I would have been happy. There's something sharp in there that makes the fragrance less great than it could be, but that part doesn't linger so much which is good.

@itsfi That's good that doesn't linger!

@itsfi nice! Love a nice glowy complexion 😊

Right @lmaster? This would be a great mask to use before makeup. 

I haven’t been masking much lately but here’s hoping I can hop back into it.  
i decided to go for the Rodial dragons blood  biocellulose eye and lip patches.  Dragons blood is supposed to be anti microbial and antibacterial as well as a good second skin barrier.  I absolutely love how the patches just disappear onto my skin cause they’re so thin and clear.  They come between two protective layer of paper so they’re not too difficult to work with.  But if you accidentally fold one like I did good luck;) It was actually hard to capture them in a photo But you can sorta see them.  There’s a little mouth slit on the lip mask so you’re not forced into silence for 20 minutes.  The serum has no real scent and is a bit tacky.  It really plumped you my skin but again, I haven’t been doing skincare or caring much at all for my skin so doing anything at all is going to show drastic results. 

EE5EA0D2-030A-4E50-9B53-3862B1CC3F0D.jpeg

1C783D5F-C882-46ED-878B-240D96BDC690.jpeg

@heartsmyface  Oooh, those look so comfy! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed them! 😃

PS: I love that dragon plush! 🐉 

These look really nice @heartsmyface I'll have to check this line out

@heartsmyface Ooh those sound good. 

These look and sound fabulous @heartsmyface😍 They really look like they melt into your skin! Love the line about not being forced into silence. lol. What a fun and adorable plushie too!

@itsfi   They were nice.  I figured they would be cause I love the sleeping mask.  Haha, yeah, the moment my mouth is covered i have a zillion things I need/want to say.   The dragon was my attempt at lifting my mood a bit. It worked.  

Oooh, there's a sleeping mask in this line @heartsmyface? You love it?! I'm intrigued. Does the sleeping mask have a gel or cream consistency? 

Isn't that always the way?!  Not much to say but the minute you can't say anything, because your mouth is covered or otherwise, there's a bunch of things that come to mind to say! And of course they're all important and you have to say it, but then you can't. Hahaha! 

@itsfi It’s a creamy gel but more a gel as it melts in 

F48CE515-A363-49A6-AFA6-FD308E7CF941.jpeg

FB881B03-1076-46A4-987A-FB52C6B769DA.jpeg

Ooooh! Thank you @heartsmyface! It looks hydrating, and how can I say no to that?

16060_l

I finished up this mask this week. It took me a while to find out about it online. I thought it was a peach lol. It's Apricot Stone. Wasn't anything memorable...but it was pretty expired haha. 

8 Replies
testing