Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

💕😌 2024 Masking Challenge 😌💖

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights 💮

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks💗

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge

@itsfi   They were nice.  I figured they would be cause I love the sleeping mask.  Haha, yeah, the moment my mouth is covered i have a zillion things I need/want to say.   The dragon was my attempt at lifting my mood a bit. It worked.  

Oooh, there's a sleeping mask in this line @heartsmyface? You love it?! I'm intrigued. Does the sleeping mask have a gel or cream consistency? 

Isn't that always the way?!  Not much to say but the minute you can't say anything, because your mouth is covered or otherwise, there's a bunch of things that come to mind to say! And of course they're all important and you have to say it, but then you can't. Hahaha! 

@itsfi It’s a creamy gel but more a gel as it melts in 

F48CE515-A363-49A6-AFA6-FD308E7CF941.jpeg

FB881B03-1076-46A4-987A-FB52C6B769DA.jpeg

Ooooh! Thank you @heartsmyface! It looks hydrating, and how can I say no to that?

16060_l

I finished up this mask this week. It took me a while to find out about it online. I thought it was a peach lol. It's Apricot Stone. Wasn't anything memorable...but it was pretty expired haha. 

@Samtian  I would've thought it was a peach too 😉🍑 Too bad it wasn't impressive! 

@Shosh85 It could have been had it not been expired lol.

@Samtian kudos to you for not letting those expired masks go to waste 😆💪

@lmaster Haha thank you. I am actually caught up on sheet masks not being expired though!! Just these little ds and foils I have no idea about.

@Samtian @Oh i like thèse little mask pods.  I can normally get around three or four uses out of one which frustrates me cause they don’t reseal.  If they reseated I’d like them much more.  

I try to tear them open neatly & slide a paperclip on to secure it closed & store them in the fridge in a baggie. It helps get more life out of them @heartsmyface @Samtian 

@sonnydee @Oh i never thought if a paper clip!  Thank you!  

@sonnydee That is a great tip, thank you!

@heartsmyface It would be nice if they did! Yeah that's about how many uses I got before it dried out. But that did last for a few weeks because i only used it once a week. 

I thought it was a peach 🍑 as well, @Samtian and thought “oh, I’ve not see this peach mask before!” 👀 Too bad it wasn’t memorable. 😔 

@itsfi Haha it did take a while to find, I was like so it's that old they don't make it anymore? Finally found a blog post that had it mentioned.

Went with a honey theme the other night, with a B for bees and bears - bees make honey, bears like honey. 🍯🐝🐻💛
Honey (bees + bears).jpg

Spoiler
Venofye Royal Honey Sheet Mask Infused With Sweet Almond Oil was gifted to me by the incredibly generous and marvelous @Shosh85, and is the only new-to-me product in this arrangement. All the other goodies here are tried-and-true loves - The warming sensation from the Farmacy Honey Potion makes for a nice relaxing start to some 'me' time and leave my skin soft, smooth, supple and hydrated. Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair! Honey Moisture Deep Conditioning Mask does just that - moisturize and deep condition, and it smells so good doing so. It was limited edition last year but Briogeo brought it back as part of trio of mask in a LE set (yes!) that is still available. Sephora Collection Honey Lip Scrub - Honey is part of the original Sephora Collection lippies that I believe is being phased out. I have yet to see a honey version in the clean line but remain hopeful that it's not a matter of if, but when. 🤞

True to the description on the face of the mask pack, there's a subtle honey and almond scent to this serum soaked cotton mask that leans slightly thinner than your typical sheet mask in terms of density. I went in knowing that this mask cost a pretty penny and, as a result, there was a part of me that was slightly concerned that I would love this mask. lol. Fit and adherence were what I've come to expect from most sheet masks - adherence was good and it wore comfortably after taking off some of the material at the chin/jawline and making some minor adjustments to the corners of the eyes and mouth. After half an hour, I removed the mask and rinsed off the essence - though it was after was part way through the rest of my skincare routine - despite reading the instructions to wash off the essence, I still managed to forget to that - sigh! My skin felt soft, smooth and hydrated, and my complexion had a fresh-faced brightness to it. 

This is one of those masks that, if price was not a consideration and it did not require rinsing off the essence, I would think "ooh, let's pick up another one." But, I'd be remiss if I didn't consider the price or that it is a mask that I would need to wash off the essence (I have the hardest time remembering to do that with masks that require it and it really does come back to bite me that I am so forgetful of that step). This is certainly a mask I would pick up if I found it on sale like Shosh did, but absent that, I'd pass. I'm not too skittish about splurging a little on a sheet mask but $50 per sheet is not really something I'd consider a "little splurge." This was such a treat and I send a huge and heartful 'thank you' to @Shosh85. It was extremely kind of you to send this to me. It's a wonderful mask and you really scored in finding it. I am humbled and appreciative by your graciousness and generosity. 🤗
Farmacy Honey Potion Renewing Antioxidant Hydration Mask 
Briogeo Merry Multi-Masking Kit ft. Don’t Despair Repair Deep Conditioning Honey Bear Hair Mask 

@itsfi this mask line up is too cute!! What a great group you went with!

Awww, thank you @lmaster! Love honey masks, lip balms, hair masks, everything honey! 💛🍯💛🍯

Awesome theming @itsfi !  I have to agree... for 50$ a mask.... I expect to get dinner provided or look like I'm 25 again lol.  I like a good splurge mask, but...It's a bit speedy for me too. 

I used the Briogio Bear Hair Mask last winter after receiving it in a gratis box and really enjoyed it.  I decided not to repurchase this year and use up some of the hair masks I have already... but.... now I'm re thinking that decision. 

Oh @missjeanie, I hear that! That's a tough one. Getting through your other hair masks would be a good thing. But then, the honey bear mask is so nice, isn't it?! Ugh. Decisions, decisions. I'm inclined to say focus on your current stash; there will always be other hair masks to try after you've made a dent in your collection. 

1 Reply
testing