Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge

@sonnydee  Yup, me too. I used a $50 sheet mask (I only paid 50 cents each ๐Ÿ˜‰) and I didn't think it was any better than some of the $2 masks I've tried. ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿป

I'm with you on the Erno Laszlo products @sonnydee, I generally quite like them, but the retail prices on the masks are too rich for my blood.  I have however loved finding them from time to time at TJ's.  I haven't tried the black one, but I'm assuming its the same mask material as the Pink/Blue/White.  I could see where someone who doesn't mask often would have trouble, but I thought they fit great. 

Me too. I love the 2 layer ones! @missjeanie I have found the erno masks that are wash off i think but have yet to find a box of sheet masks. ๐Ÿ˜ฅ hopefully one day soon! 

@sonnydee  Sounds decent - glad it shrunk pores somewhat. And I'm glad I'm not the only one that can't remember what a mask smelled like. ๐Ÿ™‚

@PrettyPaint ๐Ÿ˜‚ I smelled it later & it was strong but typical sheet mask smell. 

This sounds like a good one @sonnydee. I like that your pores looked smaller. Iโ€™m on board with that. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ 

Yup. @itsfi but more if it was $5-6 not $16-18.

Yeah, that makes sense! ๐Ÿ˜ I think EL pops up at TJM/Marshalls with some regularity, so there's a good chance you might find them at a discounted price @sonnydee

I initially had a hard time coming up with artistic masks for this week. Nothing came to mind, but after digging into some of the mask I picked up at the beginning of the year, I was able to find a few, including this beauty! โค๏ธ
TCS Masquerade Eye Mask.jpg

Spoiler
The Creme Shop Caffeine Masquerade Eye Mask is one of my favorites! ๐Ÿ’– A true oldie-but-goodie and very pretty too! It's what I would consider an eye mask on steroids. It covers about 3/4 of my face, which for me, works out very well as my chin/jawline are the areas that are more likely to be prone to clogged pores and is, therefore, an area where I sometimes make special accommodations for when it comes to sheet masking (i.e., cutting away any excess material from that area, wringing out some of the essence in that portion of the mask before applying, or in some instances, turning a sheet mask into two pieces (top half and bottom half) and only leaving on the bottom half for half or one-third of the time I would the other portion, etc.).

This eye mask is saturated in a clear watery essence that smells deliciously of chocolate! ๐Ÿซ Results are wonderful - skin feels soft and smooth and looks refreshed and brightened. I've repurchased this mask time and time again and will continue to do so. ๐Ÿ˜
Masquerade.jpg
Ingredients (from thecremeshop (dot) com)
Spoiler
Inci - TCS caffeine eye mask.PNG
Thank you @Kim888 for this fun and creative challenge theme! 

@itsfi beautiful mask! These are really good, love that they have so many different variations

@lmaster, all the eye masks in this line are good ones, even the kelp one worked for me without any irritation. This caffeine and the avocado one are my favorite, with this caffeine one being my top choice because of the scent. ๐Ÿซ๐Ÿฅฐ

@itsfi  When I saw the theme, this was the first mask that came to mind! This is definitely one of my favorites! The scent alone would make me repurchase ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Happy to hear it's a love for you too! ๐Ÿซ

@Shosh85, this one is so good and yes, that can be said for just because of the scent alone. ๐Ÿซ๐Ÿ˜ Itโ€™s one of The Creme Shop lines I would like to see them add more masks to. Did you use one of these eye masks this week? 

@itsfi  No, but if I had one I would've! ๐Ÿ˜‰ I'll definitely be buying more soon! ๐Ÿซ

@itsfi  I couldn't come up with any artistic masks either... but now I shall copy your masking session! lol.  Mask for tomorrow is now set.  Thanks for the reminder that I have a couple of these!  I love the shape of this mask too.  These types of eye masks are great, I feel like I get bonus mask. 

We'll be mask twinsies this week @missjeanie๐Ÿค— TCS eye masks are so good - the size of these masks has really worked out so well for me and my skin type. 

I did tell myself that maybe I should look into picking up more artistic masks in 2021. But the stay-at-home has really helped to reduce the number of sheet masks I have and while I can pick up a few more, I want to keep my library more manageable and on the smaller side. Well, smaller compared to what I had before. So, maybe just a handful of artistic masks in the bin at any given time. ๐Ÿคฃ

I like that you call it a library @itsfi !

@missjeanie, I've had percolating in my mind for a few years now, the concept of a curated collection of masks that I would set up like a mini library. I do mean "mini" because I can't have the library be too large. I mean, the sheet mask library version of the Smithsonian, it cannot be. ๐Ÿคฃ 

@itsfi Lovely concept  Gorgeous and wonderful results!   

@tjffc, when I first used these eye masks from The Creme Shop, I thought they were just so large but the size has really come in handy for me. It covers the areas where I'm prone to be more dry. It doesn't hurt that with this one at least, the scent is amazing! Highly recommend these eye masks.  ๐Ÿ˜

@itsfi  Oh yes, this is such a nice one! I remember the first time I tried it I was surprised how good it smelled!

testing