Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge

@itsfi  Mmmmm broccoli ๐Ÿฅฆ 

Right @ather?! So good! Does your little guy like broccoli?

@itsfi  Thatโ€™s a hard no lol. But I buy this frozen mix of broccoli zucchini and kale and itโ€™s almost like a riced cauliflower and I put it in everything so he eats it that way!! I also put riced cauliflower in everything!! He did eat some roasted carrots last night and I was so surprised. He usually never eats carrots ๐Ÿฅ• 

@itsfi  I'm happy you enjoyed this one! I agree it's a nice one, but probably not a favorite from the line. I can't remember, have you tried them all?

@Shosh85, I'm finding that I prefer the fruit ones (and the honey one) more than the veggie based ones from this line of masks. I've tried all except for the kale, olive and green tea. I have those three, but I have not gotten around to using them yet. The expiration dates are not until 2022 and one is 2023 so I didn't prioritize them this year, but plan to get to them in the next couple of months.

Hahaha!!   @itsfi I actually do enjoy broccoli!  Adding it to my grocery cart right now.  I won't lie and say that it's better than ice cream.... Glad to see this was another successful salad kit mask.  Odd that the mask shape was a bit off, I would have assumed that the entire line used the same blanks. 

@missjeanie, if you said you thought broccoli is better than ice cream, I'd probably send you a message asap to ask if you were feeling okay. I'd also wonder if the only ice cream you've been having is the bubble gum flavored one. ๐Ÿคฃ

Broccoli is my favorite veggie so even if @missjeanie doesn't want any, I'll take her share, @itsfi  ๐Ÿ˜‚ (Plus yours looks so nice and fresh!)

Yaaay @quspork! I love broccoli as well!! ๐Ÿฅฆ Favorite veggie is high praise. ๐Ÿ’š Iโ€™m gonna have to give some thought to what would be my favorite veggie. Hmmm... it would probably be the spud ๐Ÿฅ” but I canโ€™t have them very often. Well, itโ€™s probably more accurate to say I shouldnโ€™t have potatoes very often, at least not the way I like to eat them. Itโ€™s just not a good idea to have French fries, mashed potatoes, poutine, etc. all the time. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Spinach, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, mushrooms , asparagus, sweet potatoes, etc. Iโ€™m on board with pretty much anytime. ๐Ÿฅฌ๐Ÿฅฆ๐Ÿ  ๐Ÿ„ ๐Ÿ… ๐Ÿฅ•๐Ÿฅ’๐Ÿ†๐Ÿฅ—

Haha, yes, potatoes are awesome, just not always the healthiest addition to the meal (but so worth the extra calories for a good tot) @itsfi 

quspork_0-1608167604749.png

Love that @quspork๐Ÿ˜

@itsfi I approve of broccoli lol. I can also send you potato products any time you like lol.

Hahaha @Samtian! I always want to tag you when I do a food based mask with a photo of the food, but figure that might be annoying for you. So I just really consider doing it when it's an avocaDO mask. ๐Ÿคฃ 

@itsfi Food and photos are two of my favorite things!

Used the blank pellet that I dropped in the pouch to soak up all the goodness left.

Y for Y was this discontinued!? ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

I did this mask recently so I won't review it again, but I bought the wash off mask from ulta after verifying that this was discontinued. Its on sale at Ulta $19 instead of $38.๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ–ค

1215201011.jpg

โ€ƒ

@sonnydee  The packaging on this one is so cute. I don't think I realized it was discontinued. I remember trying it when it was first offered on ulta and I'm pretty sure I had positive feelings about it! Hopefully the wash off is good.

That's such a bummer!!! @sonnydee 

@sonnydee  So sorry this one was discontinued. Hopefully the wash off one is just as good! 

It'll definitely make a appearance on the thread @ather @itsfi ๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ–ค

@sonnydee  Happy to hear it's a love for you, but so sad to hear it's been discontinued! Why do companies do this to us? ๐Ÿ˜ฅ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

I just hope they went from a sheet mask to a wash off to improve the experience even more @Shosh85 but i think ulta is going to stop carrying Dearpacker all together๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ž

1 Reply
testing