Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

💕😌 2024 Masking Challenge 😌💖

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a 💰mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks💗

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge

Love your Y theme here @sonnydee! So sorry the sheet mask has been discontinued. Will be interested in your take on how the wash off version performs and compares to the sheet mask. 

I hate when a favorite product gets discontinued, @sonnydee. I hope the wash-off version works just as well for you.

I hope I like it even more 😁 @quspork I have a feeling they changed this mask from a hydrogel to a wash off so all the goodness soaks in more. With the sheet mask, the mask itself feels like it dries out really fast & the serum was really thin & it didn't feel like it clung to the mask well. 

I can't wait to hear your review of the wash-off, @sonnydee!

That’s a great point @sonnydee ! I hope you love the new mask! 

Okay... A few catch up posts!

90E50961-3450-469E-BA63-DBB6F03D89CF.jpeg

Cosmetea Lavender tea balancing control.  I can truly say that in the course of under a week I don't even remember doing this mask.  This means that while it was not crazy amazing, it wasn't awful either.  

The SC eye mask was a lovely biocellulose material.  I don't remember having any really big opinions on this one either, other than 4$ for one set of eye masks seems like a lot compared to the jars of eye masks.  Granted, the material on this one makes it way better than some of the gels that fall down to my jowls.  I have more of these, and if you needed a couple bucks to hit a free shipping or promo you were excited about, sure, grab a set... but are they life changing? no. 

The PTR Irish Mud is one of the things I had in project pan and one I still have a shot at finishing.  This is a lovely mud mask.  My skin is so dry and dehydrated right now but it can still take this mud mask!  I find the jar size on the PTR masks to be ridiculously large, but if I came across one at a killer deal or one of the smaller sized jars without all the other ones that accompany in a kit, I'd grab it.  

The Feel Mindful mask is from Ipsy I'm pretty sure.  --  Side tangent -- Ipsy... why do I do this?  I end up paying 20$ a month for a make up bag I don't need and 4 samples I'm not really that interested in.  I usually end up with one item that I'm into trying.  I could just spend 25$ at Sephora and get a product I actually want with a GWP?  But I want surprises in the mail... These are the things I think about but still don't do anything about because the pink bag surprise every month in the mail is the fun part.  -- tangent out-- this mask is nothing special.  I can say that I don't think it does a dang thing.  I've been doing the PTR Irish Mud in my "pores zones" and this one on the rest of my face.  Meh.  It hasn't soothed anything, but it hasn't irritated either.  Maybe the adaptogen mushrooms are gonna make me look like I'm 40 once I'm 60 and I just don't know it yet?

F4683780-E490-483D-B532-4874CC017867.jpeg

9CCB074D-EED2-448C-A694-259543445226.jpeg

Dr. Jart Shake & Shot, I don't remember which variety this one is.  Lets just call it the Orange and Teal varietal.  The lid on this is just ridiculous.  It certainly deserves the creepy baby nickname.  The other thing... the lid does nothing but hinder me getting all the product out of the cup.  Mask gets stuck up in the crevices and I'm not going to town to get it all outta there.  I am glad to have tried this mask.  It didn't feel as involved as other modelling masks, I think because the cup was already there?  Or I'm just extra lazy and don't like walking the 20 feet to get a bowl from the kitchen? Either way, the two steps combined quickly and easily, and they smeared all over my face, neck and decollate quite easily.  This is easily enough for two masks in my opinion, but I wasn't going to waste it so, it worked out as a face/body mask for me.  Directions don't say to wash off, however.... I got it in my hair.  Most of the mask came off in large chunks with no issue.  I did have issue getting it out of my hairline.  Note to self... be more careful next time you use one of these (I think I have two more in my collection, which will look smaller without the cups in it, gotta get these used up lol).  I ended up doing the mask in the morning and had my shower in the afternoon (yep, working from home).  The good news was that I didn't need to add a bunch of moisturizing products after using the mask.  I actually want to say that I didn't even moisturize afterwards.  Is this mask a winner?  Well it's not a looser.  

The Ok but first Coffee mask is one that I've had a hot minute and figured I should enjoy with an iced coffee ice cream float.  I didn't have ice cream so it was an iced coffee with sugar free s'mores syrup.  I blame everyone here for my ice cream addiction issues.  Okay, the mask... well I don't know why, but I thought it was going to be a wash off.  It's actually a sheet mask, with a pretty average cotton material and a syrup/serum on the thicker side of liquids.  No coffee scent.  This bummed me out.  I'm no ingredient savant, but I did like that there was a much shorter list and most of what I saw looked good to me.  I'll say this mask for me was pretty average.  My skin looked nice afterwards, but it was the kind of nice that I get from most of my sheet masks.  Nothing crazy outstanding like I was hoping for.  I tried to find the company who makes this mask, I thought the coffee cup for the box was super cute and figured they might have other catchy packaging... no luck.  I got them from a random little shop outside of Detroit, that I'd be hard pressed to find again.  If I came across more from whomever this is, I'd try em, but I'm not going to loose sleep over not knowing the company... but for realz... shouldn't the company name be on there?

@missjeanie it took me some time to come to the same conclusion as you in reference to the subscriptions... They are nice when you are first getting into makeup,, but I literally have cancelled them all now. 

Completely agree @lmaster .  With a collection my size it's just a waste. 

@missjeanie  Super disappointed the coffee one didn’t have a coffee scent. And also bummed you didn’t have any ice cream to put in your iced coffee. I recently learned homemade marshmallows taste super yummy in coffee!! 

Ohhhhh @ather fresh marshmallows in my coffee wouldn't be awful!  

@missjeanie  I feel the same as you about Ipsy - I finally cancelled when I realized I was just doing it for the bag 😆 

I saw that pack of coffee masks in Ross once, but didn't get it because it was missing a couple. I don't remember the brand name and I find it odd that it's not listed on the mask packs themselves 🤔 do you still happen to have the coffee cup container it came in? - I'm wondering if the name is on there? 

As far as mix-it-yourself masks go, I personally think the Shake & Shots are the easiest I've used. I agree there's a design flaw though - they should just use a regular rounded or flat lid. The crevices in the creepy baby face definitely make it hard to scrape everything out. 🥴😆(I think @itsfi and I had a conversation about the lid for this at one point too😉)

@Shosh85 I checked the coffee cup for a name as well.  Same as the actual packet, nada.  Maybe the name is just "face masks"?  So odd.  

Since I've now used the shake shot, I've gotta say I'm going to be more likely to do the others after seeing how easy it was.  

And yes.  Dang ipsy.  I really should just give a 25$ credit card number out to people to make random beauty purchases for me so I still get a surprise.  Hmmmm... now we may be onto something!  

@missjeanie  Haha! I love your $25 credit card idea! Definitely sounds better than 5 little samples you don't want. 😉

I found a few people selling the coffee masks on Poshmark - one of them had the brand listed as "Face Masks" and the others didn't have a brand listed at all 😂🤔 

I think I'd trust a people on BIC to get me a better beauty surprise than IPSY @Shosh85 lol.  

So weird on the brand thing.  Clearly they don't want repeat customers lol

"The crevices in the creepy baby face definitely make it hard to scrape everything out." Because if the creepy baby face on its own wasn't a pass 👎, it's also impractical! @Shosh85 @missjeanie I just really want to know how this design was approved. I can't make sense of it, but clearly creepy baby face was deemed a good concept. 😆 

For mix-it-yourself masks, as between the Dr. Jart Shake & Shots and Farm Skin Mix It Up, I like the Farm Skin. The spatula included in that one isn't ideal for getting into smaller parts of the face, but it was very easy to mix. I may try mixing it with the shorter end of the spatula to see if that fixes the problem I have with getting the mix in smaller areas. 

@itsfi  Well, I guess I need to try the Farmskin Mix It Up masks now too! 

Somebody should write the Dr. Jart company to inform them that that's their new name now. Lol 😂😆 @missjeanie 

Its so sad @Shosh85 ... I really do enjoy a lot of their products, the creepy baby face is such a one off in their line as far as I can see too. Lol... notice I didn't tag the brand though.

@itsfi @Shosh85 Okay now I'm going to need to put in an order to try out the Farmskin.  Those cute little oatmeal/ice cream bowls looked way more appealing than the creepy baby face.  Does Dr. Jart know that that's what these have been re-named?  

"...I don't even remember doing this mask." I so hear you on that @missjeanie, especially these last few weeks. 😂 I love that PTR Irish Moor Mud Mask. 😍 So good. That coffee mask looks super cute. I tried doing a quick search online for it but what comes up are covid face masks.

That's all found with my online googling as well @itsfi... but I'm also going to be the proud new owner of a "but first coffee" covid mask now, so there's that.  Can't seem to stop shopping lately.

Hahaha @missjeanie!! Love it! ♥️ My favorite covid-masks that are part of my weekly rotation are of coffee ️, sushi 🍣, and donuts 🍩! 😍😷 

2 Replies
testing