Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge

I swear I know how to use the spoilers.... I just clearly blanked. Sorry!

Hahaha! Are you posting from your phone or laptop @missjeanie? I find that whenever I try posting more than just a quick comment or response from my phone, it ends up being all sorts of messy - photos are in the wrong place, spoiler boxes are just that - boxes with no content inside, etc. 

@itsfi 90% of the time I use my laptop... yesterday I used my phone.  

๐Ÿ˜‚ i do the spoiler sometimes by accident & then I try to figure out how i did it....lol. @missjeanie  I have yet to do the baby mask its just creepy to me. And i feel the same about half of the time about ipsy. But I also paused more this year than I have ever did- 4x I believe. I hope to increase it more next year- i get both GB & GBP. So far I have talked myself out of GBX because while the spoilers are interesting- Patrick ta collab, a Pat M. mascara, I have most of the things already. And for those that i don't. They don't have very good reviews.๐Ÿ˜’ and its $55.

@sonnydee  Iโ€™m actually calling it lucky that Canada only has the regular bag! Iโ€™m hearing that Davids tea is going to do a quarterly box in the same vein next year so May Iโ€™ll swap to that. I think Ipsy just might have a burnout limit for beauty junkies who already buy a lot and donโ€™t need a bunch of random. I think itโ€™s great for teens of people starting out, but I just know what I want more now. If only I wasnโ€™t addicted to fun mail lol

B is for bamboo and black

810EEF2F-B319-4480-BE99-92619AD17E10.jpeg

Spoiler

MJ Care Aqua Bamboo Black Mask

This is a thin, black cotton sheet mask that was saturated with a slimy and slightly sudsy serum. There wasn't much of a scent - if I stuck my nose right in the package I could smell a very faint, sweet, maybe fruity kind of scent - but it really was very faint. The fit was kind of wonky - probably the worst fitting black mask I've ever encountered. ๐Ÿ˜‚ It was too wide, too long at the jaw where the pre-cut slits were way too long, the strip between the nose and mouth was too skinny and the eye holes were too large. ๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿ˜ฌIt sounds like a lot, but the mask was thin and stretchy enough I could just fold and smoosh things around easily. Despite the fit, it adhered well and was comfortable to wear the half hour I had it on. There was some slight tackiness after removing the mask, that lasted about 15 minutes. My face felt refreshed, soft and moisturized and looked a little brighter.

I really enjoyed this one! I'd definitely use again and would repurchase, just wouldn't go out of my way to do so.
50F97E39-D843-4176-B91F-4E412F14E8E0.jpeg

@Shosh85  That packaging is so pretty. Too bad about the fit, but I'm glad it had some nice effects to make up for it. 

@PrettyPaint  The packaging really is nice - sort of calming ๐Ÿ˜Œ

I honestly don't care too much about fit, since there's always a way to fix/tweak it - and it's definitely easier to look past a bad fit when the results turn out so good. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Well @Shosh85 looks like a charcoal mask that doesn't fit well.. ๐Ÿ˜” wait.. Did it have charcoal? Lol

@lmaster  Haha! Nope, this one did not have charcoal. I'm just use to black masks in general fitting well, so it surprised me. I think the only bad fitting black charcoal masks I've used have been from The Creme Shop ๐Ÿ˜†

The packaging on this one would draw me to pick it up @Shosh85 .  Glad the size wasn't a huge impediment. 

@missjeanie  Yep, me too. I remember "oooo-ing" at when I got it in my Facetory sub.  ๐Ÿ˜‚

Aside from the crazy, fit this sounds like a pretty good one, @Shosh85

@quspork  This was definitely not made for the face of a human ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿฅด  

Oh wow @Shosh85! ๐Ÿ˜ณ This mask had a lot going on from a fit perspective, eh? With the overall largeness it sounds like it would be able to fit a lot of face shapes and sizes although it may be a lot extra for most folks. Hmmm... ๐Ÿค” Iโ€™m always so fascinated by how brands decide which shape/size they want for their sheet masks. The package illustration is very pretty though, and the ingredients list looks really good. 

@itsfi  Yeah, sometimes I wonder how they come up with the shape/size of these masks. A nice fitting mask is always great, but fit has never really been a deal breaker for me, since that can always be tweaked/adjusted. I think it just threw me off because most black masks have fit so well. The results from this one definitely make up for the bad fit ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Samtian_0-1608052847964.jpeg

This was my mask last night. It did leave my forehead red but that was gone in the morning. A little bit oily but I really liked how my skin looked otherwise.

I loved this brand @Samtian I have not seen these at marshalls in awhile, but if I see them,,I grab them

@lmaster Ooh that is good to hear! I wish I had one near me. 

Is this one youโ€™d repurchase or use again @Samtian? Iโ€™ve heard of the brand but not this particular mask. It sounds interesting but at the same time, the โ€œmarineโ€ part of the name makes me wonder if thereโ€™s an ingredient that might not play so nice with my skin. 

@itsfi @Samtian  I'm just gonna butt in here - the "Marine" refers to the kelp and algae that's in it. I have heard of those ingredients causing irritation - do those bother your skin, itsfi?

4 Replies
testing