Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

If you haven’t joined in yet, better late than never!

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar that give your skin the perfect AM glow! Another nod to @keana1 for this week’s challengeπŸ™ŒπŸΌ

Letter of the Week:  M

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge

@Shosh85  That packaging is so pretty. Too bad about the fit, but I'm glad it had some nice effects to make up for it. 

@PrettyPaint  The packaging really is nice - sort of calming 😌

I honestly don't care too much about fit, since there's always a way to fix/tweak it - and it's definitely easier to look past a bad fit when the results turn out so good. πŸ˜ƒ

Well @Shosh85 looks like a charcoal mask that doesn't fit well.. πŸ˜” wait.. Did it have charcoal? Lol

@lmaster  Haha! Nope, this one did not have charcoal. I'm just use to black masks in general fitting well, so it surprised me. I think the only bad fitting black charcoal masks I've used have been from The Creme Shop πŸ˜†

The packaging on this one would draw me to pick it up @Shosh85 .  Glad the size wasn't a huge impediment. 

@missjeanie  Yep, me too. I remember "oooo-ing" at when I got it in my Facetory sub.  πŸ˜‚

Aside from the crazy, fit this sounds like a pretty good one, @Shosh85

@quspork  This was definitely not made for the face of a human πŸ˜‚πŸ₯΄  

Oh wow @Shosh85! 😳 This mask had a lot going on from a fit perspective, eh? With the overall largeness it sounds like it would be able to fit a lot of face shapes and sizes although it may be a lot extra for most folks. Hmmm... πŸ€” I’m always so fascinated by how brands decide which shape/size they want for their sheet masks. The package illustration is very pretty though, and the ingredients list looks really good. 

@itsfi  Yeah, sometimes I wonder how they come up with the shape/size of these masks. A nice fitting mask is always great, but fit has never really been a deal breaker for me, since that can always be tweaked/adjusted. I think it just threw me off because most black masks have fit so well. The results from this one definitely make up for the bad fit πŸ˜ƒ

Samtian_0-1608052847964.jpeg

This was my mask last night. It did leave my forehead red but that was gone in the morning. A little bit oily but I really liked how my skin looked otherwise.

I loved this brand @Samtian I have not seen these at marshalls in awhile, but if I see them,,I grab them

@lmaster Ooh that is good to hear! I wish I had one near me. 

Is this one you’d repurchase or use again @Samtian? I’ve heard of the brand but not this particular mask. It sounds interesting but at the same time, the β€œmarine” part of the name makes me wonder if there’s an ingredient that might not play so nice with my skin. 

@itsfi @Samtian  I'm just gonna butt in here - the "Marine" refers to the kelp and algae that's in it. I have heard of those ingredients causing irritation - do those bother your skin, itsfi?

@Shosh85 Ignore that lol I found the answer at the top.

@Shosh85 Does kelp have another name, or what is its scientific name? I had seen algae like way at the bottom haha but my eyes keep glazing over trying to look at it all. 

@Samtian  Haha! I find myself glazing over the ingredient lists all the time. Google has been very helpful for me, lol πŸ˜‚

Yes! But not all kinds @Shosh85 @Samtian As far as I have been able to pinpoint, it is usually kelp that causes my skin much unhappiness. I know that if the mask material is made of kelp or is an actual piece of kelp, it is a big "NO" unless of course, I'm going for that red-splotches-scattered-all-over-my-face look, which isn't a good look on me. πŸ˜† I think I've used some sheet masks with kelp in it before and it's been okay, but I tend to avoid it as an ingredient. I've actually learned more about seaweed than I ever thought I would, as a result of my reaction to kelp.

@itsfi Nope, red and splotchy is not a good look for me either 😬 Didn't @eshoe say she had a bad reaction to the ingredient "chondrus crispus," (aka Irish Moss)?" πŸ€”

@Shosh85 it is possible, I have had an adverse reaction to blue spirulina.From my understanding it’s possible to have one variety of kelp cause issues, while others may notπŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ

6 Replies