Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge

lol @itsfi I found some strawberry in my fridge freezer... Gonna need to check out the deep freeze to see if I have something more coffee compatiable!

hmmmm... ๐Ÿค” well @missjeanie, off the top of my head, I'm thinking, a slice of chocolate cake, with chocolate sauce (could be warmed) lightly drizzled over a scoop of the strawberry ice cream and topped with a sprig of basil. A spoon and a cup of coffee or espresso to make it complete. ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜ 

@itsfi ummm... well that sounds divine.  I won't lie... I just dug into the carton with a spoon.  lol I found a pint of lemon ice cream in the deep freeze... and now I'm thinking brownie sundae... oh man... too many goodies of late, I need to pause at least till dinner lol

Oooouh, lemon ice cream @missjeanie? I've had lemon sorbet but never lemon ice cream. ๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿจ Hmmm, going to have to look into that. I typically love lemon flavored treats so it sounds delicious! 

@itsfi both the lemon and strawberry have now been consumed.  It was a good weekend lol.  Gonna try to hold off on the goodies til the weekend now.  Salad... why doesn't this thread ever make me want salads? lol

Atta girl @missjeanie๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿ‘

atta girl.gif

"Salad... why doesn't this thread ever make me want salads?๐Ÿ˜… I take it you don't mean fruit salad or jello salad. Fine. Challenge accepted. I'll try to come up with something next year. That'll give my little noggin some time to think about it.

lol @itsfi Fruit salad I think we're good on... we get lots of fun fruity masks that make me want all the summer fruits!  Never have I seen a spinach salad mask that made me rush out to grab a bag of spinach though lol!  

@itsfi  I say both! Haha! The ice cream can be an after-breakfast dessert! ๐Ÿ˜†

You always steer me in the right direction @Shosh85๐Ÿค— Both, it is. ๐Ÿ˜† Maybe the oatmeal, a piece of fruit and I'll add some ice cream to my coffee. Nothing like an affogato to start the day; though technically, it's not my first cup of coffee this morning. lol. @missjeanie 

@itsfi  Wait.... I like how this has evolved.... I happen to have some cold brew coffee.... I'm thinking coffee float now... K gotta remove a mask but I'm digging the evolution this morning.

Ohhh, cold brew, @missjeanie?! Yuuuum!  ๐Ÿ˜‹  I like the sound of coffee float. I think I can squeeze that in here sometime today. Speaking of masks, I'm behind. 

@itsfi @missjeanie  My husband likes to make cold brew milkshakes and they are sooo good! He usually uses a mocha flavored cold brew, so it also tastes a little chocolatey too - sorta like a Frosty with coffee  ๐Ÿ˜‹ โ˜•๏ธ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿซ

ummmm... that sounds amazing @Shosh85 .  I need to get back into the states to start picking up 'keto' ice cream again... all this Haagen daas is killing my waist line.  Now I also want a shake.  dang it. Now I'm torn between a chocolate shake and brownie with ice cream sundae.  

Why do you need to pick one @missjeanie@Shosh85 ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

lol... @itsfi @Shosh85 under normal circumstances I'd be the first one to roll up with both!  However... I've been sweets binging a lot lately.  I swear I actually craved a vegetable yesterday! I'm going to try to hold off now that I've finished the ice cream in the house... until the weekend.  5 days.  We'll see how the willpower holds out.  Chocolate mint ice cream has been added to my grocery cart online for shakes this coming weekend. 

@missjeanie @Shosh85 "Veg-gies! Veg-gies! Veg-gies!!!!" 

You got this, missjeanie! I have confidence in you!

veggies.gif

@missjeanie  I think I'd go with the brownie sundae, because it's like two desserts in one. ๐Ÿ˜‹ Milkshakes are definitely delicious, but there typically isn't a brownie waiting for you at the bottom. ๐Ÿ˜‚

โ€œCold brew milkshakesโ€ @Shosh85?! ๐Ÿ˜ Itโ€™s almost 3am but that sounds really good right now. ๐Ÿ˜‹ 

I had ordered the coffee cream ice cream but they were out of it ๐Ÿ˜ž so I went with salted caramel (along with a pint of the brookies nโ€™ cream - because if Iโ€™m heading out, I might as well pick up two flavors, right? ๐Ÿ˜‚) Good reminder to see if theyโ€™ve made more coffee cream, and to see what the new flavor is for this month. 

@itsfi  There's never a bad time to eat ice cream!..... well that's my opinion anyway ๐Ÿ˜‚

Ok, super important question - what is your least favorite ice cream flavor you've ever tried?

Oh, this is an excellent question @Shosh85! I have two - one is rum raisin.  

The other was this mushroom flavored ice cream I had years back. It was a nice, fancy dinner and, of course, dessert at the end of the meal, right?! Of course. There was this dessert that was described as something to the effect of a dessert forest made of fluffy hazelnut cake, some other treats that sounded good and mushroom ice cream. Molecular gastronomy was a growing trend at the time and was making its way to desserts so I assumed it would be some mushroom flavor infused with ice cream and that all the flavors would work harmoniously on the palate. I'm fairly adventurous when it comes to food so that was the dessert of choice. I will say this, the presentation was very artistic and whimsical. ๐Ÿ˜ I can't recall now specifically how or why it tasted so bad; I just remember that after I put it into my mouth, I stopped and started looking around the table for a way to discreetly get it (and the taste of it) out of my mouth. The dinner napkins were too nice and I didn't have any tissues in my purse to take out. I actually wondered whether the pastry chef was playing around with another type of 'shrooms when making the dessert. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ  

You? What's your least favorite ice cream flavor?

What's yours @missjeanie?

@itsfi @Shosh85 I have to say I've had several flavours (I was a pastry chef before moving into the exciting world of accounting about 7 or 8 years ago) but the ones I like the least now, are probably not what most consider the worst.  Lavender Ice Cream... not a favourite.  Kind of reminds me of having my mouth washed out with soap as a kid.  The other one that I'm not a fan of at all... bubblegum.  Why does everything need to be made into bubble gum flavour?  It just doesn't suit ice cream in my humble opinion.  

I don't think I've ever had anything like mushroom ice cream though.  I'd have ordered it too Fi, I mean... try it when it's there right?

4 Replies
testing