Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge

Itโ€™s nice to see a mask include the main ingredient second on the list, @Shosh85! The scent sounds nice, I donโ€™t mind menthol. Will have to remember this for the next time I am in a Walmart;)

Pretty certain @WinglessOne has expressed her appreciation for bentonite clay, tagging her just in case she hasnโ€™t seen this one yet.

@eshoe  I wasn't expecting to like this one as much I did! The menthol in it was nice. I'm not usually a fan of menthol because the scent can be too overpowering- but this was nice and I loved the cooling effect. ๐Ÿ˜Š

@Shosh85  That's a lot of clay in that mask! And somehow I didn't even think to use a clay mask for C week...whoops. 

@PrettyPaint  When I saw the 3 different kinds I thought for sure it'd dry me out! I think it had enough moisturizing/hydrating ingredients in it that everything was balanced out nicely. ๐Ÿ˜Š

@Shosh85 ohhh it has aloe in this mask too!! Sounds really nice

@lmaster  Yeah, it was a really nice combo of ingredients! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

That's great that this didn't dry out your skin too much @Shosh85. Bentonite clay can be really drying; the aloe, jojoba and vitamin E in this one sounds like a winning combination in buffering against the dryness that could have happened. ๐Ÿ˜

@itsfi I finally got the ingredients to load. It actually has 3 different clays, including one I've never heard of/seen before. I think the ingredients you mentioned, plus the argan oil and sodium hyaluronate definitely helped prevent the dryness I usually feel after using a clay mask. Would love to get a couple more when the warm weather/summer rolls back around!

Oh, interesting @Shosh85! I've not heard of that third clay until now either. Putting it on my list of things to delve into when I have a little more time. I wonder how it differs from the other clays. ๐Ÿค”

C is for citrus

IMG_20201208_184937241.jpg

โ€ƒ

Spoiler
This was another winner!! And for those who are sensitive to scent,,, no worries here, because there was no scent at all. The sheet is made from bamboo, and I'm noticing that bamboo masks fit darn near perfectly! There was a bit of extra serum in the package, wear time 20 minutes, after removing I didn't notice much brightening but my skin did feel more like clarified soft and smooth, lightly moisturized and perfectly hydratedIMG_20201208_184947707.jpg

โ€ƒ

Ooooh yay this sounds lovely, @lmaster! I need to try something from Goodal, I think @quspork likes one of their essences.

@eshoe I really love the sheets! And the scent on these have been mild and I feel like they would work well for those who have sensitivity @quspork I sure hope you like them!

Yes from the discontinued Waterest line, @eshoe but I've been happy with some of their older masks and was inspired by @lmaster to pick up a couple of the newer ones a couple of months ago, so can't wait to work those into the rotation! 

All the good ones are discontinued, arenโ€™t they @quspork ๐Ÿ˜‚

@lmaster  Mmmmm....This sounds about perfect. I'll most definitely need to check this one out. 

@PrettyPaint this line has been a hit!!

Another winner from this Goodal line! Love hearing that @lmaster! โ™ฅ๏ธ Will be keeping an eye out for your thoughts on the other masks from this line and excited to hear which will be your favorite.

@itsfi I really do love these!! Another review is coming up!

Yaaay! Looking forward to it @lmaster๐Ÿ˜

@lmaster Happy to hear you enjoyed this one! Sounds like this line is pretty good so far! The packaging always looks so refreshing ๐Ÿ˜Š Can't wait to try the ones I have! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85 they have been a hit!! I hope you love them too โ˜บ๏ธ

testing