Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge

I remember bubblegum ice cream @missjeanie @Shosh85 ! The things I would eat as a child. Wow. I don't think the one I had tasted like bubble gum so much as it had bubble gumballs in it, which I would carefully pick out and then hoard. Hahaha!

Some things have changed - I don't eat bubble gum ice cream.

Some things don't change - I still hoard things ... lip balms nowadays. ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿคฃ

@itsfi  @missjeanie  I'm not sure if I've ever had bubble gum flavored ice cream either, but I do remember getting bubblegum popsicles from the ice cream truck when I was little. I remember the ice cream with the gum balls in it too, but I don't recall what I did with the gum balls ๐Ÿ˜‚

There's just too long a list of the things I hoard. Masks and lip balms are definitely at the tippy top of the list. ๐Ÿ˜„

@Shosh85 @itsfi  The mask hoarding has been real here until this year. The whole no cross border shopping and stores being closed has been excellent for not buying as much lol! Always a silver lining! 

Yes @itsfi !!!  Those gum balls kind of crumbled when you tried to chew them when they were half frozen.  Why did we like those?  lol.  I'm right there with you on the lip balms.  I watched a declutter video this morning while getting ready and still wonder how they do it.  My balms are all staying right where they are.  Lost in a purse. lol

@itsfi  Oh wow, mushroom?! I never knew something like that even existed! I haven't tried anything that unique! I think my least favorite flavors are the LE ones that come out for the holidays - I would say it's  probably a tie between egg nog and pumpkin. ๐Ÿคข I'm also not a fan of pistachio ice cream either. @missjeanie 

C1A08BC3-591A-4307-A4F9-5563DC22F3B5.jpeg

@Shosh85 @itsfi I'm also now thinking of pistachio pudding. That jello brand kind that you just add milk to.  Reminds me of my childhood. 

There was such a thing as pistachio pudding?!!! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ I was not introduced to jello pudding until my late teenage years and it was chocolate, chocolate, and "may I have more chocolate pudding, please?!" Hahaha! @missjeanie @Shosh85 

@itsfi Oh yes, and it's very very green! Its got what I'd call a fake pistachio flavour to it, with little bits of nuts.  I'm sure it's quite a polarizing flavour, my brother hates it, I love it.  I always loved the pistachio and butterscotch. mmmm.... pudding.

missjeanie_0-1608054435449.jpeg

If you see some while you're shopping you really should try it out.  I'm not promising any culinary revelations, but I feel like it's something you should try. 

@missjeanie  The only reason why I know what pistachio pudding tastes like is because my sisters and I have used it to make some fun Halloween treats/foods. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I think my favorite flavor is banana ๐ŸŒ @itsfi 

@Shosh85  I havenโ€™t had banana in decades! Lol looks like Iโ€™m going to be doing some pudding this weekend lol

Thereโ€™s a banana flavor @Shosh85? ๐Ÿ˜ฏ How am I just hearing about this now?!! Iโ€™m going to have to have a chat with my parents about this! 

@itsfi  Hahaha! For the longest time all you could get was chocolate and vanilla.
I like to get fancy sometimes and swirl the chocolate with the banana  ๐Ÿซ๐ŸŒ๐Ÿ˜‹ @missjeanie 

@Shosh85 @itsfi I think I'd try any of those.  There's a chocolate mint ice cream I can get from my store around the holidays that I enjoy, so I think the peppermint could be okay.  But I'm not an egg nog fan at the best of times.  And really... isn't all ice cream kinda egg nog flavoured?  Ice cream is cream and yolks at it's core.  

Also... not everything needs to become pumpkin spiced.  I say as I'm looking at voluspa pumpkin candles.... I'm such a hypocrite. lol

@missjeanie  The whole pumpkin spice thing really does get blown up over the holidays - like they have everything in that flavor. I'm not a fan of the taste of pumpkin, but I typically LOVE the scent and smelling it usually makes me wish I liked the taste ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜† @itsfi 

@Shosh85 @missjeanie I love the smell of pumpkin spice! Iโ€™ve only had two pumpkin spice items this year but have gone through several pumpkin scented candles and am happy with that. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

You're not a hypocrite @missjeanie@Shosh85 I totally agree, not everything needs to be pumpkin spiced. Voluspa, on the other hand, needs to have pumpkin spice in its candle collection. Completely different in my mind, missjeanie! ๐Ÿคฃ

Yes @Shosh85. I forgot about egg nog ice cream. I'm not a fan.  Also not a fan of pistachio ice cream either. Yeah mushroom. Not good. Not good at all. ๐Ÿ˜’ It's a blessing that you didn't know that flavor existed. Trust me. 

Hahaha @missjeanie! I'll try to do two-a-days this month. We'll see how well I stick to it; on the one hand, my skin can usually handle two masks per day, including 2 hydrating sheet masks, in the cooler months. I'm hoping that having that goal will help to keep me on a good routine so that I keep up with my skin care with all the year end things that can make it easy for things like skincare to get neglected, at least for me. 

That's an excellent approach to two-a-day masking, @missjeanie! It's practical and flexible, allowing for adjustments based on what your skin needs. The missjeanie's system is a good one! ๐Ÿ’— Year-end can be a challenge for me at times to stick to a good skincare routine, including masking, but hopefully this works out. If it does, my skin will be happy and I'll have worked through a good number of masks which will make me happy. Win-win!

I didn't make the connection to an oatmeal cup with the Farmskin mask until it was mentioned here. Lol. I have a couple of those oatmeal cups in the house and at my desk at work for times when I'm hungry and need food but it's clear now that I don't reach for it often. ๐Ÿ˜† The mix it mask did pretty well; it will be interesting to see how the other "flavors" perform. I'll keep you posted. Ha! Yes, the Dr. Jart creepy baby face mask! You're very welcome for the shove. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Glad I could help. lol.

The mix-it mask looks so fun, @itsfi! The packaging reminds me of the Trader Joeโ€™s Oatmeal breakfasts:) 

@eshoe, the packaging for the mix it! mask was pretty well thought out, though the spatula is a bit large for applying the mask all over. Probably between the size of TJ oatmeal cups and TJ yogurt cups. 

for Clarify

forgot to snap a pic last night so screen shot will have to do๐Ÿ˜Š

Fit? Good amount of roz but it so saturated & thin you can squish it to fit better 

Smell?peppermint. So much i even checked, yup its there -in the middle. But I don't mind it especially around this time of year

Consistency?serum was clear, thinnish almost gel like. I didn't have a drippey mess

Ease of use? No "normal" issues. I found out you can drink with this on๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿ˜ฃ๐Ÿ˜›

Would I  purchase/try again? I liked this mask. It

Screenshot_20201210-125256.png

โ€ƒ

had a nice cooling effect. It left a lil tack but some moisturizer fixed that. I think I would appreciate it more in the summer/ early fall months but it is a solid mask. ๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿฅ

testing