Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge

@sonnydee  This is a nice line of masks! Glad to hear this one worked out great for you! Have you tried any of the others? 

Without looking at my notes, I think I've tried firm, a popsicle & a ice cream & liked them all. But I think I may have been disappointed with a scent maybe -the icecream? ๐Ÿค” @Shosh85 

@sonnydee  Yeah, I was disappointed about the scent on the Ice Cream ones too - the packaging really gets you excited for something good! ๐Ÿ˜ข

I like this line of masks @sonnydee I've been in need of clarifying lately ๐Ÿ˜†

Bahahah @sonnydee "found out you can drink with this on"... but did you need a straw? I'm also now wishing I had picked up some peppermint syrup for my coffees.  Hmmm, how fast is prime shipping this week?

Sorry @missjeanie was missing a 'not' in that. ๐Ÿ˜ฃNow that you mention it....maybe I need to pick up more straws so I can drink no matter what.๐Ÿ˜‚

@sonnydee I support a straw purchase!  I never used to use straws, but bought a couple metal ones this year and now I use them constantly.  Super bonus that I can drink while masking... hot or cold beverages.  Beer through a straw is weird I warn you though. lol

Peach & Lily is having a sample sale tomorrow online, I believe @sonnydee. I wish my CVS sold these online, they are only available in-store here ๐Ÿ™„

Will have to check out the sale @eshoe I liked the moisturizer that I've tried enough to stash away a ds..๐Ÿค” I think it was the matcha pudding one. I have other minis, but have to go with the slow & steady action when trying out new skin products ๐Ÿ˜’insert eye roll๐Ÿ˜’

I hear ya, @sonnydee! boo for sensitive/finicky skin.

I remember liking this one too @sonnydee! ๐Ÿ˜ It's probably better suited for my skin in the late spring thru early fall months. There are a few of these sheet masks that I continue to repurchase; I do wish Target still sold them; perhaps Ulta will now since it carries certain skincare products from Peach Slices. 

Agreed, one to use during the warmer months @itsfi. can you not get them in CVS still? There was only 1 near me that sold them & I haven't been back to check-too much temptation ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜›

@sonnydee, I usually pick up a few if I'm making an order at peach and lily. Only select CVS stores carry them but none of the ones near me do. I'd have to drive to another city and, while my mask stash has seen a significant reduction in size this year (yay!), it can hardly be said that I need more masks. Hahaha!  Besides, if I means I need to make a peach and lily purchase to pick up more of these masks, I'm pretty sure I can find something. ๐Ÿคฃ I typically drop one or two of these masks in my cart if I need to hit a free shipping minimum. ๐Ÿ˜‰

C is for cream mask

Cream serum.jpg

Spoiler
Missha Cream Soak Mask (Nourishing), a soft, medium thick, pliable microfiber cotton sheet that, like its name makes clear, is soaked in a strongly-scented creamy essence. This lotion-cream consistency lends itself to the nourishing claims of the mask, keeps the essence from dripping everywhere and helps with the mask's ability to adhere so well to the skin. The scent reminds me of face cream and flowers; it is rather pronounced in the beginning, then seemingly dissipates once the mask is on my face, but then I pick up on it again when I remove the mask. I am not fond of the scent but find it tolerable since I can't smell it when I'm wearing the mask and given the results. Adjustments are needed to help with the fit of the mask, but nothing out of the ordinary. There's a fair amount of essence that remains after 30 minutes of wear, but it absorbs quickly and smoothly - zero tackiness or stickiness; just soft, smooth, nicely moisturized skin. โค๏ธ 

I think this mask has been discontinued, which is a bummer because I was hoping to try the hydrating version from this cream line as well as the moisturizing mask from the oil line. I have several similar type masks in my collection that will keep my dry skin happy this winter, and I may look for the other masks from this and the oil line when I get some down time during the holidays. FYI: this mask contains some ingredients that are common causes of skincare allergies, including alcohol, mineral oil, castor oil and silicones. 

Ingredients:
Spoiler
Water, Dipropylene Glycol, Glycerin, Sorbitol, Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Mineral Oil, PEG-40 Stearate, Squalane, PEG/PPG-17/6 Copolymer, Alcohol, Phenyl Trimethicone. Betaine, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Monostearate, Carbomer, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Arginine, Butylene Glycol, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Xanthan Gum, Panthenol, Rosa Centifolia Flower Water, Centella Asiatica Extract, Hyrolyzed Collagen, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Fragrance, Ethylhexylglycerin, Isohexadecane, Polysorbate 80, Sodium EDTA

Well @itsfi the packaging is very appealing nonetheless ๐Ÿ˜‰

@lmaster, I didnโ€™t experience any negative reactions from the mask and liked it but the ingredients could definitely be better and I know for some the ones included here are a big no. Hoping for a reformulation. 

Yikes @itsfi this was a list of ๐Ÿค”! I understand why alcohol and silicones may be an issue. Iโ€™ve seen castor oil in quite a few masks, and it while it doesnโ€™t appeal to me, itโ€™s never caused an issue. I guess I need to research a bit more on why it could be an irritant.

@eshoe, everyone's skin reacts differently to ingredients; the ones I listed were ones that I'm aware of that has caused irritation for some folks and/or are ones that some may prefer to avoid, like PEGs. 

@itsfi It probably got discontinued because of that creepy baby packaging. 

Fair point @Samtian! lol! Let's definitely hope for a redesign. ๐Ÿ˜†

@itsfi So happy you enjoyed this one! I've tried this and the Oil Soak Glow mask and besides their scents, I liked them both! It's too bad they're discontinued! ๐Ÿ˜ข

2 Replies
testing