Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge

@sonnydee, this one does sound like it would be a nice one in warmer temperatures / climates. Will be interested in hearing how it performs for you under different circumstances... and if you pick up more of the mango scent. ๐Ÿ˜Š Hope you are feeling better! 

Thanks @itsfi its just allergies, luckily but still irritating๐Ÿ™

The scent is so good, @sonnydee isnโ€™t it? This is such a great line, reminds me in scent of the Aโ€™Pieu popsicles.

I get a mango scent with this one too @sonnydee, it's actually one of the highlights of the mask for me, mmmmmm mangooooo

Its a ๐Ÿ’› by itself if the scent matches the mask @missjeanie ๐Ÿ˜Š

C is for Cicative Calcium sheet mask

Apieu cicative calcium.jpg

Sheet Mask:

Spoiler
I had a feeling the A'pieu Cicative Calcium Sheet Mask would be a good one once I pulled out the thin sheet mask coated in a light, slightly viscous milky-water essence. I was so excited to try the mask that I almost forgot to see if there's a scent to it. For those inquiring minds, there is. ๐Ÿ™‚ What that scent smells like though is difficult for me to pinpoint. I first picked up a fresh scent that quickly turned into what I can only describe as almost like perfume - a floral scent with a hint of sweetness, almost like candy, to it. I'm not sure if the scent comes predominantly (and naturally) from one or more of the ingredients, or if it's from the added fragrance, or likely some combination of both. In any event, it is a very pretty scent, neither too soft nor too loud; it's something that I think would smell nice in a lotion. 

While the mask adhered beautifully and felt soft against my skin, the fit was what I have come to describe as the norm when it comes to sheet masks and my face / facial features - too long at the chin / jawline, a smidge too short at the forehead and too wide at the temples, and needing just the slightest snip of the scissors at the corners of the eyes and mouth. There's extra essence in the packet; not enough to saturate a sheet mask pellet, but enough for the other parts of me. Although the instructions recommended 10-20 minutes of wear, I left the mask on for a little more than 30 minutes; the mask wasn't dry in any one spot so it seemed as if I probably could have gotten another 10, maybe another 15-20 more minutes from it if I were so inclined. 

The essence that remains after removing the mask absorbs fairly quickly into the skin, and once fully absorbed, my skin had a slight tacky-to-the-touch feel and a slight bounciness to it, as well as a bit of firmness in certain areas of my face. I was not expecting the latter result; it was a nice surprise. As for the mask's claim of rich hydration, a big "yes" to that. My skin not only felt hydrated, it felt moisturized and nourished. This line of A'Pieu masks has been good to my skin. This one in particular seems well suited for those of us with dry, sensitive skin and/or those whose skin is in need of some T.L.C. this winter. It was a great mask to kick off the week with and a definite repurchase. โค๏ธ

Ingredients: (from gopicky (dot) com)
Spoiler
The information on the reverse side is all in Korean, which makes perfect sense as the mask is manufactured in Korea by the Korean brand, A'Pieu. In my search to find an ingredients list for the mask, I came upon a site called gopicky(dot)com which had the ingredients for this mask. What's more, if I hovered my mouse over any one of the ingredients listed, a box would appear to provide me some additional information on that ingredient. โค๏ธ I'm intrigued and will definitely be returning to that site again.  ETA: In looking up more details about the particular ingredients in this mask, I learned that it contains lilac extract, which makes me wonder if the scent I pick up from the mask is that of lilacs. Hmm...

Aloe Ferox Leaf Extract, Butylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Niacinamide, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Glycereth-26,Glycerin, Mineral Salts, Pentylene Glycol, Calcium Chloride, Calcium Pantothenate, Panthenol, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Polysorbate 60, Syringa Vulgaris Extract, Sorbitan Stearate, Hydroxyacetophenone, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Methylglucamine, Allantoin, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Adenosine, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Disodium Edta, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance

Lip Mask:

Spoiler
For the lips, I paired my mask with the tarte SEA Jelly Glaze Anytime Lip Mask (Strawberry Jelly), a thickish, slightly sticky tinted lip balm / mask. I really like the subtle tint this gives to my lips. It's not the most moisturizing balm / mask but it's not bad either. The stickiness may not be to people's liking; I didn't have a problem with it, especially when I'm indoors most days. Despite not needing any more lippies of any kind and specifically lip balms, I have considered picking up the SEA Jelly Glaze Anytime Lip Mask Set. I know, I know. It's a real problem. ๐Ÿ˜ญ

tarte SEA Jelly Glaze Anytime Lip Mask Strawberry Jelly 

tarte SEA Jelly Glaze Anytime Lip Mask Set 

Check yes on the sheet mask, @itsfi - the serum sounds lovely!

@eshoe, I find milky, cream, lotion type essences in sheet masks are great for moisturizing and nourishing my skin when it's dry, especially in the winter. ๐Ÿ˜€

@itsfi  This one sounds great! Love that milky serum! I'm even more excited to try mine now ๐Ÿ˜‰ So happy to hear you loved it! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Oooouh, I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the masks from this line @Shosh85. Did you pick up all three? Milky serums are great, aren't they? So soothing and nourishing for dry skin! ๐Ÿ˜My skin loves 'em! ๐Ÿ˜ 

@itsfi  Yup, I picked up all three and I can't wait to try them! I would have  to say milky/creamy serum is my most favorite! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@itsfi would you say the tarte lippies have a good scent??

Hmmm....for the most part, yes, @lmaster. While I do pick up a yummy strawberry scent from this one, there is a slightly artificial bent to it and I initially smell a very light plastic scent as well. That plastic smell does go away pretty quickly. Here's what the balm looks like (it looks more rosy red in the photo, it's more of a pink IRL):

tarte lip mask swatch.jpg

I feel like your love of lip balms has influenced my love of lip balms @itsfi .  I don't need anymore either... yet I just placed an order, so I mean... if your protege can place an order.....

Lol @missjeanie! I think weโ€™re more peers when it comes to our looooove โ™ฅ๏ธ of lip balms. By the way, you are so the person I was thinking about when I was writing about these lip balms, but of course I didnโ€™t want to be too enabling and tag you. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Next time youโ€™re getting tagged. Because there will be a next time. ๐Ÿคฃ

@itsfi  I was thinking today about going through some of mine and seeing if I could declutter any... then I looked at what I had just on my side table where I work.... nope.  I'm not a declutter gal, and not my balms.  Even the ones I don't love... still have their place. Its silly but I've got a list of balms in my phone that I go to look at whenever I see a sale pop up. Miss Piggy got here yesterday.  I couldn't resist. 

Ooooh, how are you liking the Miss Piggy balm @missjeanie?! 

Yeah, I hear ya. It's hard for me to declutter; well, unless it is just well past its prime or causes me to breakout and I can't find a good way to repurpose it. I'm working on being better at it, but like you, lip balms sorta get a pass from being a candidate for decluttering. I don't know why; that's just the way it goes. ๐Ÿคฃ

I just tried the Miss Piggy balm today @itsfi  so I can't really comment on how long wearing it is etc etc... However, The packaging is fantastic, kind of reminds me of the milk lipsticks a bit, it's a good weight, has a click magnetic closure and ... so totally only something a big beauty fan would appreciate, but there are imprints on the bullet of positive moi affirmations, and it's a touch that I love.  The pigment isn't super strong, it's very much in the tinted balm category and not a sheer lipstick, a lighter pink colour that you'd expect from a Miss Piggy moment.  So far I really like it.  It makes me smile to see it, I feel like the packaging is excellent, and the balm feels nice, it's got some slip to it, but I like that it feels thinner and slippier as it is a balm.  It's no lip mask by way of hydration, but I'm okay with that.  So far I'm super happy that I picked it up.  And I'm even happier that I snagged it on sale. 

I meant to post this last week...

This seemed like it could work for a band name (or probably a song would be better), and the actual mask looks a bit rock n roll.

It was the "You Can't Handle This Sheet" from Jeju:en. It is a Volcanic Ash/Purifying mask. It fit well/closely. It was a little large, but there were lots of pre-cut folds to make it fit. It had a refreshing, slightly flowery smell, but pleasant enough. While wearing it, there was a cooling feeling/light tingling sensation. My face soaked up all the serum quickly (pretty thin). It wasn't moisturizing (but I don't think it's supposed to be). I definitely wanted some moisturizer afterwards. It was a fun mask though probably not a repurchase and probably better suited for summertime.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

@PrettyPaint  The masks in this line are super fun - love the names and pictures on them!  I've never tried this one, but it does sound like a good one to try in the summer. Glad to hear it was a pleasant experience! ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85  I'll definitely need to try more from this line!

1 Reply
testing