Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

💕😌 2024 Masking Challenge 😌💖

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights 💮

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks💗

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge

Yikes @itsfi this was a list of 🤔! I understand why alcohol and silicones may be an issue. I’ve seen castor oil in quite a few masks, and it while it doesn’t appeal to me, it’s never caused an issue. I guess I need to research a bit more on why it could be an irritant.

@eshoe, everyone's skin reacts differently to ingredients; the ones I listed were ones that I'm aware of that has caused irritation for some folks and/or are ones that some may prefer to avoid, like PEGs. 

@itsfi It probably got discontinued because of that creepy baby packaging. 

Fair point @Samtian! lol! Let's definitely hope for a redesign. 😆

@itsfi So happy you enjoyed this one! I've tried this and the Oil Soak Glow mask and besides their scents, I liked them both! It's too bad they're discontinued! 😢

@Shosh85, maybe they’re just repackaging or reformulating to be without fragrance? That’s what I’ll tell myself. 😂 Interesting but not surprising that these are heavily fragranced. It always makes me wonder what a mask would smell like if the brand didn’t add fragrance to it - I mean, did someone think it smelled really bad so they had to mask it? Or is fragrance added because they were hoping to add some aromatherapy benefit? 

@itsfi  The same thoughts go through my mind. What I don't get is why floral is such a popular scent? If these cream and oil masks had a strong fruity smell I wouldn't mind so much .... I'd love to try a watermelon cream soak mask 😉🍉

I have been masking, I just haven't been updating...blah work and pandemic etc. 

IMG_20201210_002703.jpg

Vitamasques - A- 

Sephora - B- 

Saturday Skin - A 

Tony Moly Caviar - C+ 

Tony Moly I'm Lotus - D 

Hanalei - B+ 

IMG_20201210_002734.jpg

Huxley - A- 
Jayjun - B+
D&D - B

Bubble t - B 

@haleyvvvv I'm not especially a fan of those tonymoly masks either

Yeah, the "I'm X" masks are not good at all, IMO, @lmaster. The Caviar one was okay, but was just average.

@haleyvvvv  I feel you on the "I just haven't been updating... blah work and pandemic etc."  I'm impressed you've kept photos and track of grades with so many!

Thank you, @missjeanie!! I did use 4 of them in the last week, so they were more fresh in my mind, lol. I keep taking pictures with the intent to post, but don't quite get that far.

@haleyvvvv Your summary is lovely, sometimes that’s all that’s needed! Curious, where did you find the Huxley? I love their calming mask and moisturizer!

Thank you, @eshoe!! I got it from PinknBlossam, but it is the only product through there. I would be interested in trying more of their products though!

@haleyvvvv  Nice job! Looks like a lot of great masks! Too bad the Tony Moly masks were unimpressive! They've always been more of a miss than a hit for me.

Thank you, @Shosh85!! Yeah, I can't say I've been impressed by them. The Caviar one was fine, it was an okay everyday mask, hence the C (i.e. passing). The other one was trash, though.

Always so good to see you here, @haleyvvvv! Look at all your masking! I've wondered about Vitamasques as a brand; good to see that you enjoyed it. 

Thank you, @itsfi !! It is the only Vitamasque mask I've tried, I think I have one of the Ruby Sheet masks to try as well. But it was great!

Last night, C for Silver Coating and extra lip Conditioning:

EDBEFB0F-D01B-4108-9FCD-311BB70135A1.jpeg

Spoiler
The Suqqu is a repeat that I use a couple of days after noticeably stressed skin. I can leave it on and forget about it, which happens way more frequently than I would like. 

I have been testing out the Henne lip products for a couple of months now and I am in love💗🥰. They offer a sample of their products online, and here I tried the Nordic Berries Lip Scrub and Lip Mask. The scrub is exfoliating but leaves a bit of residue to be washed off; which can be good if you are not able to rinse immediately-bonus, your lips remain magically hydrated! Both Nordic Berries and Rose Diamonds are equally lovely; I prefer the slight berry scent but the Rose in the Rose Diamonds is so subtle it is almost unnoticeable.
577F445D-C5BB-4F58-9934-9327BE752F78.jpeg

The Lip Mask is a blend of organic scents and oils and lasts waaaay longer than I anticipate, which is perfect. For a pot application, I want to apply as little as possible. This could easily replace my Laneige when (and if ever) I finish. I plan to explore more from the brand, but I am content if the lip products are my favorites. 

The Bio-Miracle Energy Mask with Silver Coating was actually quite an enjoyable, no frills mask. It is loaded with ingredients that should make my skin look years younger, which is fine and would try again. No noticeable scent, just a bit of irritation throughout. Maybe from the Willow Bark Extract?
D041DD30-9175-4B42-ABF1-87AAC050DBD1.jpeg

The mask itself has a pretty silver pattern. I wondered if I was supposed to apply it to my skin with the pattern facing it, but ended up flipping it around pattern side out. 

04D5B768-6FA3-44E7-80BD-07E972D7BCE3.jpeg
No blemishes today, skin is back to normal.

@eshoe  Ooooh, the sheet mask is so pretty!  So happy to hear your skin is back to normal and this didn't cause any lasting irritation! 😃

It is pretty, @Shosh85! My only issue with it as I wasn’t sure which side to put in my skin! Since silver is in the title, I thought maybe something about the silver is supposed to be facing it, but in the process I discovered something new. I patted on extra serum, before flipping it around, which means all the extra good stuff went straight to my skin. Something I will remember for future masking;)

10 Replies
testing