Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge

I definitely would love a cooling sensation in the summer time @PrettyPaint 

@lmaster  I'm already longing for summertime! 

Love this as both a band name and a sheet mask name @PrettyPaint !

@missjeanie  I love masks with fun prints like this. 

I love the mask names in this collection @PrettyPaint! They're very clever and cheeky.  ๐Ÿ˜ Too bad this particular one wasn't suitable for this time of the year. Have you tried any of the other masks from this line?

@itsfi  I haven't tried any others from the line. I believe this brand is new to me, but after looking at the other options from this line, I think I may be seeking out some more! ๐Ÿ™‚

@PrettyPaint  Loving the name!!!

@ather  The name cracked me up for sure! ๐Ÿ™‚

Final masking for last week, a Wonder and a Dud:

26F6CF8C-A5EF-4100-8CC7-C1D51985F394.jpeg

Spoiler
Ice globes are the tools I didnโ€™t know I needed until @sprocketta surprised me with these. I keep them in the fridge rather than the freezer (which I am almost certain I would forget to remove after 10 minutes), and use them primarily under my eyes and on my closed lids. They are so incredibly soothing, and give my skin relief from lack of sleep. The most amusing thing is that the ingredients include Water, HA, peppermint, panthenol, and citric acid. Now, I am trying to wrap my head around how these are necessary/beneficial given that glass is non-porous ๐Ÿค” Whatever the reason, I love them and am very grateful to sprocketta for thinking of me! 

The BlingPop Cucumber Face Mask Hydrating and Brightening is the second Iโ€™ve tried from this brand. The lemon ๐Ÿ‹ was higher rated but carried a scent leaning toward cleaner and did not adhere well. This was much different. A light cucumber mint scent greeted me, with an easy fit and a generous amount of watery serum. I left it on around 25 minutes and removed to find pleasantly plumped skin. Iโ€™m glad I have a backup, this was a good mask that I will happily repeat!

Finally, the fail of the evening for me was the Innisfree Green Tea Capsule Recipe Pack. It is an overnight mask, with the typical fresh/clean scent and water-cream texture. I didnโ€™t mind it, but wasnโ€™t wowโ€™ed by it until I woke up with little white blemishes covering my face๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ At least the Volcano mask was a hit ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks for sharing about the ice globes!! @eshoe sorry the innisfree was a mishap ๐Ÿ˜ฃ

You win some, you lose some, right @lmaster? There are minor battles;) Tje globes are wonderful and will last, most importantly๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

@eshoe I'm glad you like them so much! It definitely took some searching and thought to come up with any skincare item you don't already have. I think it's hilarious that they're "infused" with anything.

They are so fun to use, @sprocketta! I love that they are glass, so they wonโ€™t pick up on any vegetable scents while in the fridge;) Love them, they are going to be GREAT in the summertime ๐Ÿ

@eshoe  Oooo I was wondering about those ice globes! Now I might need to get some!

They are really nice, @ather! Mine have little โ€˜handlesโ€™ which I guess helps the water inside remain cold. Makes them easy to handle, too. I love mine, canโ€™t thank @sprocketta enough for thinking of me:)

@eshoe  That cucumber mask is really adorable. Love the packaging. That's too bad about the innisfree. I think I may actually have that laying around somewhere. I wonder what ingredient caused the blemishes?

@eshoe, is your skin sensitive to silicones? That Innisfree masks seems to have quite a few silicones in it and I wonder if it's too much for your skin alone or in combination with the other mask or skincare products in your routine. @PrettyPaint 

@itsfi thatโ€™s an interesting observation ๐Ÿค” I use an SPF loaded with silicones (Dermstore Daily Mineral Sunscreen), but only on my forehead. Since the white bumps covered mostly cover my cheek area, that would make sense!

eta: also, a sleeping mask like this is likely to be on my skin longer than my spf, which might be the cause for the breakout - the silicones stopped up my pores for too long.

@PrettyPaint Iโ€™m not sure yet, my skin isnโ€™t sensitive but I noticed all day today itโ€™s been redder than normal with a noticeable dark patch on one cheek. Hoping it goes away by morning, at least:)

@eshoe  Oh yikes. I'm just now catching up on posts, but I hope your skin is fully recovered now.

Much better, @PrettyPaint - spent the day in the pines and I think it was just what my skin needed:)

1 Reply
testing