Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge

This mask is sooooo deliciously yummy, @Shosh85! These are an easy repurchase, and repeat:)

@eshoe  Yes, absolutely! If these ever go oos I'll be very sad! I will definitely repurchase these for as long as I can!

for DuoBananas is a big part of a still catchy song by Gwen Stefani

1st time using the duo....i don't like cleansers i can't use on my eyes.๐Ÿคท that is where I wear makeup when I wear makeup so unless this does some shock & awe to my overall face it wont be a purchase. 

On to the mask! ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ

Fit?Ok, only some upper lip annoyance. It was pretty wide. Not to much roz

Smell?great. Like ๐ŸŒ

Consistency?clear, thinnish, silky. 

Ease of use?none really except for the lip part

Would I  purchase/try again? Happy to have found a box at TJ or M. Left this on for about 20 min everything soaked in with only some tack left. But it maybe the duo. And of course finished off with my lano banana ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ

1205202223.jpg

โ€ƒ

Yummy banana!! @sonnydee 

Mmmmmm @sonnydee. I love that mask - I was lucky to get to try one from MOTM. It's definitely a good one. 

Fun song, fab mask! Definitely a combo to go B-A-N-A-N-A-S for, @sonnydee๐Ÿ˜‰๐ŸŒ

Ahhh everyone loves this mask, @sonnydee ๐Ÿฅฐ I have one as well that I am โ€˜savingโ€™ you know how that goes. I havenโ€™t seen that CT, but sounds like a pass. 

@sonnydee  This is such a nice one - I love that scent! It's hard to go wrong with bananas! ๐Ÿ˜‰๐ŸŒ

@sonnydee @lol my mind still plays that song when I have to spell bananas 

๐Ÿ˜‚ @Kim888. when I saw what theme this week was, I immediately thought of that song & this mask or the other apieu banana milk mask ๐Ÿค—but I wanted to try this out. 

Opening acts, Melting Sugar and Bite, with Hectic taking the main stage at 8!

A055E8C9-A134-4AC0-BF12-ACFEDF6A11AB.jpeg

Spoiler
What a great theme, thank you @PrettyPaint for giving me an entirely new way to view my masks:) 

The Freeman Melting Sugar Matcha Ice Cream was a gift from @lmaster (thank you kindly!), and was almost too pretty to use. It claims to be pore clearing, and contains both peppermint leaf  and willow bark extract. I did notice a minty scent, which caught me a little off guard as I was half-expecting tea. It was an extremely thick gel, and there was just enough to cover my face. I left it on around 20 minutes, and removed. Very pleasant masking with this one. I enjoy these Freeman masks, and am grateful @sephoraaddict918 shared her love of them here, they are always fun!

The Hectic Itโ€™s Pack Time is a repeat, although itโ€™s been awhile. This two part mask has a lotion-like serum underneath a soft mask material that is similar to foot mask booties. It adhered well, one of the rare two part masks that I leave both top and bottom in place the entire duration. I removed after 20 minutes, with no remaining tack. My skin was smooth this morning, so this combo was a hit!

@eshoe I can so relate to not wanting to use a mask because it's so pretty!! 

Itโ€™s ridiculous, @lmaster! I have to tell myself, just enjoy the mask, silly:D

@eshoe  Haha. I'm glad the theme wasn't too strange. I was pretty worried about it. These work perfectly for band names!!

That Freeman mask looks nice! And I don't know that I've tried a mask before that had a foot bootie material. Looks like a fantastic combo, and thanks for the lovely photo!

Itโ€™s a great theme, @PrettyPaint! I had so much fun going through my masks to find something that sounded viable, which was so so much fun:) Thank you for sharing, it will be a repeat I look forward to next year, too!

Awww...thanks so much @eshoe. I'm so glad you had fun.

@eshoe, the Freeman mask sounds interesting. How many uses do you get from a packet?

Surprisingly, only one @itsfi. The gel was extremely thick and there was about one tablespoonโ€™s worth in the packet. Iโ€™ve tried some of the other single packets like this and found that to be pretty standard.

@eshoe  Haha! I love what you did with the theme! So fun! 
Happy to hear you enjoyed all these! The Hectic mask is definitely a favorite of mine! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85 I checked the date in the package and it was manufactured in 2017, so it was nearing its time, but was still wonderful! I would buy more of these too:)

Great theme for sure @eshoe @PrettyPaint !  Gorgeous sequins too eshoe, they give a rock n roll vibe.

2 Replies
testing