Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

💕😌 2024 Masking Challenge 😌💖

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights 💮

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks💗

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge

Yesssss to this @lmaster! ♥️ They don’t make ‘em like they used to, do they? I mean, there are some good animation in film and cartoons these days, but I miss the stuff we grew up watching! 

I’m just here for the cocokind, @itsfi! I currently have more lip balms than I will ever use, but that doesn’t mean I can’t still be curious 🧐 

Lol @eshoe 😆

@eshoe @itsfi  okay... so long story short... I saw this post right before I went to the drug store for the first time since March.  I had points to spend at Shoppers Drug Mart and they were doing a spend your points event and the drug store was virtually empty.  I went down each aisle and saw this... right after I saw your post Fi.  So I now have this lip balm in 'quarantine' in my garage for another day.  I should have asked if it was great or not... but I figured hey... its a pandemic... YOLO on the lip balms?

@missjeanie @eshoe, I like the Cocokind balm. It has the slightest of tints to it; I actually can't tell that my lips are tinted with it unless I press a tissue to my lips. The initial swipes of the balm has a hard feel to it but once you get a couple of passes through, the entire balm softens and it applies nicely and smoothly. It moisturizes my lips without making them feel greasy, but it's not super moisturizing. I find that the Sephora Collection tinted lip balms to impart more color and more moisture but this one seems to wear longer on my lips than the SC one. 

Dang... I forgot I had my bags in quarantine all day today @itsfi @eshoe .  Tomorrow shall be un bagging and trying this one out.  I kinda dug the packaging on the line of products they had there, if it had been a different day I'd have perused online for some reviews to see if I should be buying more from them, but this was sheerly a 'Fi had this one in her photo today so now I need to try it' lol

Hey you just never know, @missjeanie ! Love can be found in the quarantine life;)

@itsfi  Well, that song will be stuck in my head a while now! Haha! 😂 You are so creative with these! 
Glad you saw some nice results from this one! 

We got the beat
We got the beat
We got the beat  🎵🎶🎵🎶

Yeah, throughout the day, it's been me humming either this song or various parts of BTS songs @Shosh85. I think I need to find a snail song to hum so The Gastropods don't feel left out. Hahaha! 🤣

I LOVE beets @itsfi , both the vegetable and the band name.  I made a lot of pickled beets this summer on the farm and it's one of my favourite parts of being laid off for the summer... un ending beet supply this winter.   Shocker... yet another itsfi post that has made me hungry lol!  

Hahaha! Yeah, masking and food have a way of making me happy @missjeanie! 😆 I'm not sure anymore which one inspires the other. Early in the days of the masking thread, I used to pick up a sheet mask with a piece of fruit on it and it would naturally make me think of the fruit and then I'd probably have a craving for it, especially if the mask smelled deliciously of the fruit - looking at you, watermelon masks! Now though, I may be eating or cooking something and I'll usually wonder if I have a mask with that ingredient; or since my stash is more manageable these days (ahhh, no-buys do help!! haha!), I sometimes know I have the mask and then I'll make a note to myself to look for it and use it around the time I have that particular food again. 

Who can not love tencel sheets! They just stick there. I’ve wondered about beet masks. I know I had a a couple  different ones in my collection that was distroyed by the ex (all those masks, lipsticks. and palette! What a shame! Oh well, fresh start). I’ll give one a grab when I spot it. I love that We got the Beet! Follows right with my last thought on my last reply regarding the Escar Go Go’s. Snarf! @itsfi 

We’re on the same wavelength @Weetart! Love it! ♥️

Challenge Theme: Mask that would make a good band name 

Challenge accepted @PrettyPaint🤣

music bands.gif

What a fun and creative theme @PrettyPaint! Here's my first band name entry: BTS

Band Name Mask - BTS.jpg

Spoiler

This mask also falls into another of this week's themes - W for whitening, which I'm going to assume means brightening. The name of this mask includes the name of an existing group, BTS. I know, I know, not at all creative on my part.  I first heard of the group when I came across some Mediheal sheet masks a year or so ago, as well as some "slice" masks with cute characters that the band members created. This is the second time I've used this particular mask, the first was sometime last year and it was the standard version and packaging (non-BTS collab / endorsed).

Mediheal W.H.P. White Hydrating Black Mask is a thick-leaning black charcoal mask saturated and nearly dripping in a clear, slightly-viscous-but-also-runny soapy-scented essence that fortunately is undetectable once the mask has been applied to the face. This mask feels cool against the skin and is meant to help whiten/brighten and hydrate the skin. Interestingly, it appears that I picked up a nutty flavor the first time I used this mask. Black charcoal sheet masks are among my favorite type of material for sheet masks because it tends to adhere beautifully and the same held true here. ❤️ Most Mediheal sheet masks can be easily tailored to fit my face shape and features and that also held true with this mask - I was able to get a near perfect fit after taking off about an inch of material from the chin/jawline and making slight incisions to the inner corners of the eye holes. I left the mask on for a little over an half hour. There was a slight tacky-to-the-touch feel after removing the mask and allowing the excess essence to absorb, but that eventually disappeared and my skin was left feeling soft, supple and wonderfully hydrated. In terms of whitening / brightening, my complexion looked more clear, fresh and bright, but not noticeably more so than other sheet masks. I wouldn't say my face looked lighter or white, but I didn't expect it to, though the mask comes with a recommendation to use this mask 2-3 times per week for a month. I'm not sure if I'd notice more of a whitening or brightening effect if I were to use this as recommended. My main goal with sheet masks is hydration and with that in mind, this mask delivers and is on the short list of sheet masks that I would happily repurchase and consider a staple in my library of sheet masks.

@itsfi  I keep checking stock for those stick masks too. I'll let you know if I see them back. I feel bad because the only reason I know about BTS is from sheet masks. I keep meaning to give them a listen!! I'm just now catching up on posts, but you totally rocked this challenge! 🙂

Awww @PrettyPaint, thank you! 🤗 "rocked this challenge" - I see what you did there! 😍 It was such a blast to see what folks came up with. I was stumped at first with how to go about finding a mask to fit the theme, but after I started pulling masks I wanted to use before the end of the year, it made for a lot of fun - challenging and creative.

Oh, don't feel bad - I was the same way. I first heard of BTS because of sheet masks. I was in the store and the salesperson was trying to upsell the masks because they came with photocards of the band members. All I could think of was "ummm, I really do not need more stuff. I wonder if I can just take the mask?" but I didn't say that aloud. She looked surprised when, after she rang up my purchase, I offered her the photocards to give to her other customers. 

@itsfi  I really hope they bring the mask sticks back! I was planning on buying a couple before they went oos.

Sounds like the mask stick would pair well with the Mediheal mask! 😃

Me too @Shosh85! 🤞🏼 Keep an eye out for the sticks to restock. I find that can happen after a sale and after the holidays, with stores clearing out and finding extra stock they have in the backroom after the year end rush.

Ohhhhh I'm loving the sounds of this one! @itsfi 

@lmaster, I think you'd like this mask! 😁 The material is so comfortable to have on and it's hard to go wrong with a hydrating + brightening mask! Mediheal has a couple of packaging redesigns for this mask, but as far as I know, it's just a change to packaging and not to formulation. I've seen individual use masks of this one at masksheets (dot) com and olive young, though I've not ordered from the latter ... yet. 😉 

I share your affinity for charcoal masks, @itsfi . They really feel cozy and like a comfortable hydrating blanket for your face:). It doesn’t sound like the BTS version is much different (if at all) form the original, except maybe for the scent. That’s a very good thing!

testing